Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2014, 04:03 PM   #1
Albus Dumbledore
Ella

I am currently:
feeling paranoid about meds

Hi
So I went to my usual pharmacy to get my prescription for some of my meds. They said it would be 30 minutes, but 5 minutes later they called me over and asked if I was still on weekly prescriptions because they had a note about me on file or something from my previous doctor from like 2 years ago. I said I wasn't and they gave me my meds. I'm now feeling really paranoid that they've done something to my meds, and that it has something to do with the governments plan to make me and people like me commit suicide to reduce the amount of money they spend on benefits.
I'm feeling really anxious and haven't taken them because I'm too scared. Can I go to my doctor and ask for another prescription to take elsewhere? Or will they think It's all in my head? I need to take them or I'll get ill again, but I can't bring myself to take these ones.
Ella

Albus Dumbledore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 06:10 PM   #2
Albus Dumbledore
Ella

I am currently:

Oh, it might be relevant -
my care coordinator discharged me as I've moved into a slightly different area. I'm supposed to be on a waiting list for a "practitioner run clinic" or something along those lines, though I've not heard anything yet. So I currently have no support as I've lost all of my out of work friends because of agoraphobia (I can't go and meet people, and they were not willing to come to me). My care coordinator said I can ring the CMHT for telephone support, but my anxiety almost always stops me from doing so, and the rest of the time, I hang up as soon as someone answers because my anxiety is so bad.

Old 08-11-2014, 06:12 PM   #3
Ballerina123
XXX

I am currently:

I think it would definitely be a good idea to talk to your doctor about your fears and you can set up a plan to support you to take you meds.

The average,
well-adjusted adult
gets up at 7.30am feeling just plain terrible.

Call me Kate.

I have dyslexia so please excuse my poor spelling and sometimes poor understanding.

Ballerina123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 05:55 PM   #4
Albus Dumbledore
Ella

I am currently:

Thanks for the reply. I ended up overdosing last night and the paramedics took my meds and they got "lost" at the hospital, so I'll have to get a new prescription tomorrow anyway. I also had some trouble taking the meds that they gave me at hospital. I was convinced that they gave me a placebo until the temazepam knocked me out.
I've been having quite a lot of paranoid type thoughts over the past couple of weeks. I don't see my psychiatrist until 23rd December and am not under any cmht as my care coordinator discharged me and I'm on the waiting list for a new team (i think, I haven't heard anything from them). Do you think I should wait and tell my psychiatrist when I see him? I also want to ask him about PRN temazepam as I found it really helpful with my anxiety last night.

Old 09-11-2014, 06:36 PM   #5
Steel Maiden
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

I think you need to be very assertive with the professionals.

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.
I have autism and have problems communicating, PMs included.
Just becasue I type well doesn't mean I speak well. I am only part time verbal.

Steel Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:48 AM   #6
Albus Dumbledore
Ella

I am currently:

Thanks Steel Maiden, I'm not usually very good at being assertive as most of the time I'm conflicted about what I actually want. I'll try though as I think that the temazepam or something similar would really help when I'm in crisis.

Old 10-11-2014, 08:18 PM   #7
Steel Maiden
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

How often do you plan to take temazepam if you get it? It does have tolerance/dependence-forming properties.

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.
I have autism and have problems communicating, PMs included.
Just becasue I type well doesn't mean I speak well. I am only part time verbal.

Steel Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)