RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 05-07-2007, 10:47 PM   #1
Ash*

I am currently:
so,ummm...I dunno.

Basically, I sound like a fool,but when does something become a problem?

I realise I'm being horribly vague here, but yeah.

I'm losing weight,mainly in a healthy way I suppose, eating less/no rubbish, walking LOTS, things like that, but other, I suppose, not to healthy things are creeping in.

When does something that's happening once or twice, become something to worry about?

"Watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."

Ash* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:53 PM   #2
lostdoll

Hm... I suppose it depends what those things are. For example, skipping meals entirely, or exercising more than you should, or eating less for your height/weight - then yes, I think that would be a worry - as in, you shouldn't let it get out of control, you should reconsider what you're doing and maintain a healthy routine.

I hope that made sense.
Look after yourself (and maybe see your doctor or find a dietician if you want to do things properly)
xo

lostdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:31 PM   #3
behindblueyes
Will gladly climb your walls if u meet me halfway

I am currently:

I think that maybe you should probably start worrying about it now... since it is coming to your own attention. If you catch yourself doing any of the things listed in the reply above... do your best to get away from it and stop the bad habits whilst its early. None of us here want to see you fall into an eating disorder. So please take care of yourself!

x Kate

behindblueyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 07:12 AM   #4
browneyedgal

I am currently:

I think there maybe potential to slip in to an eating disorder, but eating healthily and exercising regularly is good hun, but as Kate said when you catch yourself doing the bad things do your best to stop them. Also make sure you are not loosing too much weight at a time normally 1-2pounds per week is safe, but it also depends on loads of other things. And the main thing is that you dont lose weight if you are a normal weight, becuase i think that can lead to an eating disorder.

Im sorry if that was useless, take care hunni

~*~ Luv Shrina ~*~

browneyedgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 07:16 AM   #5
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

i cant add much more babe

please try and get away from the bad habits before they become worse.

*cuddles you so tight*

xx <3 helen

EyelinerAndCigarettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 09:51 AM   #6
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

well ive found that bad things can increase from doing it once or twice to many times quite quickly. infact more quickly than i ever realised! my therapist said to me the other day the more worrying thing is the reasons behind the action as opposed to the action itself.

like if you skip a meal just because you dont fancy it or your not hungry then thats ok but if you skip a meal because your trying to lose weight then thats not so great.

i dunno if this will help you but she's asked me to keep a diary of each time i do something "unhealthy" with regard to weightloss. she doesnt want to know the actual thing i do but the emotions before and after. like why i did it, whether i felt bad before and good after, did i regret then decision afterwards and what i could have done differently.

example: - i skipped lunch today
beforehand i felt hungry but determined not to eat, it felt powerful
afterwards i felt so hungry i got shaky so had to eat some chocolate, that made me mad at myself for being shaky and for eating the chocolate
what i could have done was have a small healthy lunch with natural sugars in (such as fruit salad) to stop the shakiness but still be healthy enough to help me lose weight.

i think my therapists plan is that eventually i'll see the patterns of my bad eating habits and be able to change them for good ones whilst still maintaining my weightloss.

ha ha i went on a bit sorry, hope it helped a little

sam

xxx

Something Special.

Mrs Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 09:51 AM   #7
ickle-duckling
twisted logic

I am currently:

The fact you've flagged it up maybe means there's something there that you're worried about? It sounds like it could be an issue - maybe have a chat with your doctor? Maybe being aware of what triggers the 'issue' might help as well, so you know when you're more at risk and can do distracting things and other such fun.

Take care, Smash *hugs*

change
everything you are
and everything you were

ickle-duckling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:47 AM   #8
_plastic

thats a clever question =) and no u don't seem fool ! i was wondering as well!

A little angel fell into my arms at the 7th of december 2010
xx Angel my babysisterxx

_plastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 12:24 PM   #9
Ash*

I am currently:

Yeah,I'm not going to a doctor.
I suppose something's becoming a bit too frequent for my liking at the moment. I'll be alright.
Thanks everyone =]

x

"Watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."

Ash* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 03:07 PM   #10
fadingbutterfly
Ashleigh

I am currently:

Well if it's becoming more frequent and your not happy about that, then you need to try and get it back under control but if you don't think you could do that then now would certainly be the time to worry.
Take care?!!

x x x

Beautiful fairy, Fly away
To a place where the mirrors do not lie,
Where you can be content
Where you can love yourself for who you are
You deserve the happinss you desire so much
You deserve a life beyond the mirror
You deserve to feel beautiful!

fadingbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)