RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 21-04-2008, 05:40 PM   #1
Lampost
~Sleep in the knowledge that I am here~

I am currently:
Epilator rash

So I used an epiliator for the first time a couple of days ago (insanity), the day after I woke up with this really weird rash in some of the area I did and it's still not gone (been like 4 days) if anything it's got worse but that could be due to my shower gel? It kinda looks like acne, not attractive at all. Anyone had personal experiance of this and knows what to do? Even if just leaving alone works?
xx

You know me, you just don't know it yet.

Old 21-04-2008, 06:31 PM   #2
-Chelsey-
[[Rabbit]]

I am currently:

Yeah, I had the exact same thing when I used one for the first time, try for the meantime to use unscented product on it. It does go away! and after a while your skin gets used to it, therefore your less likely for this to happen again. =]

"...On and on the rain will fall
Like tears from a star like tears from a star
On and on the rain will say
How fragile we are how fragile we are..."

Old 21-04-2008, 07:15 PM   #3
Quark

Yah, this happens to everyone, it's just the horrible trauma of the hairs being pulled out! Takes a few days to go away.

Old 23-04-2008, 11:00 PM   #4
privileged-outcast

I am currently:

aye same thing happened. one you've epilated, don't use products on the skin striaght away. if you epilate after a bath, it might hurt less and stuff becuase pores will be more open [if that makes sense].

in the mean time, i'd keep it moisturised with some colour/perfum free.

hope that helps.
take care

Old 26-04-2008, 07:18 PM   #5
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

get a cordless epilator and use it in the bathroom while its still all steamed up from the bath you just had. while in the bath used an exfolicating produce to get rid of dead skin. remember to epilate a few days before you are going anywhere with your legs out.

personally i wax because its quicker (pulls out 100s of hairs in one go instead of 10), it pulls the hairs out quicker - like taking a plaster off rip it off not peel it off, and you can go get someone else to do it for you!
mand x

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)