RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 26-09-2008, 10:00 PM   #41
Sans Peur

is this going to be added in the rules and posted on other boards because not everyone that has issues with food/ weight etc will be reading the ED board or notice this thread as i personally dont ever think to check the rules as i dont expect major changes.

I dont know sorry

My brain is dead heh

Sans Peur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 10:06 PM   #42
-Chelsey-
[[Rabbit]]

I am currently:

These new rules seem a brilliant idea. Very needed too. =]

"...On and on the rain will fall
Like tears from a star like tears from a star
On and on the rain will say
How fragile we are how fragile we are..."

-Chelsey- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 10:12 PM   #43
Puppet Strings
commonplace.

As the new rules are only here for a trial period at the moment, they are unlikely to be added to the main Rules page until the trial period is over and final rules are discussed and implemented. :)

We will be trying to put into place these rules are RYL as much as possible over the trial period, and spreading the word, so that people who do not have an ED but may post eating related posts are aware of the new trial rules. However, this rarely happens anywhere outside of the ED community, which is why the main thread has been posted here.

x

I see it in your eyes
You'll be alright

:heart:

Puppet Strings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 01:35 AM   #44
Camie

I'm really glad to see this. I was just thinking about this last night.

Thanks guys :)

Camie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 04:18 AM   #45
behindblueyes
Will gladly climb your walls if u meet me halfway

I am currently:

im loving this.

personally for me I can't wait to be able to come here while in recovery from my ED, and not be triggered, and be able to help as much as possible. This has been difficult for me to do, but think with these rules, I will be able to come here often :)

behindblueyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 05:58 AM   #46
Doesnt_matter
Judith

Yeah, woohoo!
I had always hoped that the rules will made stricter and I'm glad that this will happen now.

Perhaps you can make a little tiny addition to the rules? Could you ban the word "fat" here?
I myself wasn't against writing about BMIs and weights because well, sooo many people here write that they are fat, although they are severely underweight and how could you know if someone is really underweight or just thinks she/ he is.
By banning the word fat completely and only allow the sentences you mentioned like "I weigh more/ less than someone my height should weight" there wouldn't be this problem anymore.
Moreover, many people are triggered by the word fat, I guess.

I hope it is understandable what I want to say.

Thanks a looot for the new rules,
Judith (who felt much like the bad girl for asking for stricter rules)

I can't control my destiny.
I trust my soul. My only goal is just to be.
(Rent)

I'm selfish, inpatient and a little insecure.
I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. (Marilyn Monroe)

Doesnt_matter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 06:08 AM   #47
*Yakult*

I am currently:

Delete this if you want but this sounds ridiculous.

We used to be able to be honest in our posts, be specific even.

And if our rant threads are labelled,,, then if someone was going to be SOOOO offended or whtever by it,,, they could just see the trigger label and not read it.

I dont see why all these new rules are coming into place, i mean fair enough not to postlinks to pro ana sites or like "look how thin i am" posts,,, but dont you think these rules are getting too much now? What exeactly are we allowed to post!?

Your mind fogs up, you open your eyes and you are surrounded,,, chained to what you can't see,,, only sense.
I'm choking when I try to inhale. My throat constricts, I can't swallow,
I think I bit off more than I could chew

*Yakult* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 07:31 AM   #48
Aidee

I am currently:

I honestly think that the post with the new rules explains pretty well what is allowed to be posted now.

I see 2 big issues with just having trigger labels for everything and asking people to avoid triggering posts. 1 is that some people may intentionally trigger themselves and 2 if someone is easily triggered it means they can't support anyone else because they are triggered by all the posts.

Well it breaks my heart to see you this way,
The beauty in life, where's it gone?
And somebody told me you were doing okay,
Somehow I guess they were wrong.

Aidee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 07:39 AM   #49
Dreaming.
You are free.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Yakult* View Post
Delete this if you want but this sounds ridiculous.

We used to be able to be honest in our posts, be specific even.

And if our rant threads are labelled,,, then if someone was going to be SOOOO offended or whtever by it,,, they could just see the trigger label and not read it.

I dont see why all these new rules are coming into place, i mean fair enough not to postlinks to pro ana sites or like "look how thin i am" posts,,, but dont you think these rules are getting too much now? What exeactly are we allowed to post!?
No no no, this is perfectly fair enough - you're allowed to express your point.

At the end of the day, people were not only coming on and getting unintentionally triggered, but we've heard that people were coming on specifically to get triggered. This is most certainly not what we want, without a doubt.

You can still be honest in your posts, express yourself. Eating Disorders are not about weight, they're a coping mechanism that people use to deal with whatever pain or anguish they're going through. That's exactly what we're trying to get at. Numbers aren't essential to describe your day, or your eating disorder.

For example:

Quote:
I feel like crap. I ate 2000 calories today, and my weight has gone up by 2lb this morning. I just want to be 110lb!
Could be expressed as:

Quote:
I feel like crap. I ate far more than I intended to, because mum force-fed me. And, my weight had gone up this morning. I just want to be underweight!
Now, this actually means that there's far more you can say - why do you want to be underweight, it's sweet your mum is trying to help, she only cares, and weight can fluctuate easily by well over 2lb daily...

Does that make sense? It means that the emphasis is no longer on the numbers, the issue of 'oh, well I shouldn't post here, because I read x and y post and I weigh more than both of them', and it removes the issue of people coming on to get triggered.

As we said, though, this is only a trial period. We're going to give it a go, and I do know that change is strange and scary. It's going to take an adjustment period, for both the members and the mods, but we really just want to make RYL as positive as possible.
If you do have any concerns, please do feel free to let us know about them - really, we will take them on board.

xx

Dreaming. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 07:48 AM   #50
The Stolen One
Caz

I am currently:

wow, well i think these a good changes, well done mods :)

i can see where people are coming from saying its too much and like cotton wool, but i think we just want RYL to be as safe a possible

Caz

There will always be a happy ending. If its not happy then its not yet the end.
Spongebob

The Stolen One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 08:57 AM   #51
Liar.
//bee

I am currently:

soudns good guys
good work!

Close your eyes so you don't feel them,
they don't need to see you cry....

Liar. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 09:39 AM   #52
[Purple_Rain]
Forum Mod

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doesnt_matter View Post
Yeah, woohoo!

Perhaps you can make a little tiny addition to the rules? Could you ban the word "fat" here?
It does sound like a good idea, on paper, in the same way people in the picture forum posting saying 'omg im fat' triggers me when they're probably a lot lighter than myself. the problem is, there are a lot fo ways around that, like useing other (often more derogotory words) and also the only way to get rid of it completely would be haveing is starred out liek swear words. peopel would still know what ti said. Also, peopel may want to post for support saying somethign like ' x food is quite high in fat which makes it feel unsafe for me' and someoen might want to reply 'fats are an essential part of people's diets.

Does that make sense?

"I would be almighty in my own world of art, even if I had to paint my pictures with my wet tongue on the dusty floor of my cell." -Picasso
"No, painting is not done to decorate apartments. It is an instrument of war." - Picasso

'I have scars becuase I have a past; but they, like my past, do not define my future'

[Purple_Rain] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 11:09 AM   #53
Revival

hope the new changes help xx

Revival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 11:18 AM   #54
Keep Smiling
ASofterWorld

I am currently:

I don't know what I think about all of this just yet...
if it helps other people then that's great (Y),, but I personally don't like so many changes being made.
sorry, just my opinion.

x

go on a journey, & roam the streets,
can't see the way out, & so use the stars.
she sits for eternity, & then climbs out.
she's the glowing sun, so come out.

Keep Smiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 11:21 AM   #55
Dreaming.
You are free.

I am currently:

Change is scary - I know, I don't like it too!
But we'll be able to get through this, really.
xx

Dreaming. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 11:31 AM   #56
Accidentally Abstract
Luce.

I am currently:

I'm all for the ED board being made more safe & stuff..
But what about like, the other boards?
People could easily come on RYL to be intentionally triggered to SI, for example..
Hmm..

Ride it out.
"I need a sunrise in the dark."

Accidentally Abstract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 11:43 AM   #57
[Purple_Rain]
Forum Mod

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accidentally Abstract View Post
I'm all for the ED board being made more safe & stuff..
But what about like, the other boards?
People could easily come on RYL to be intentionally triggered to SI, for example..
Hmm..

they could, but people who SI seem less inclined to trigger themselfs for it, though it does happen. this is why tools arnt allowed to be mentioned in posts - it has been brought up several times about how mentioning calories eaten is like mentioning an SI tool. We cant really add any more rules to the SI orientated boards, but if you have any suggestions feel free to PM the mods, or email us (link in my sig)

"I would be almighty in my own world of art, even if I had to paint my pictures with my wet tongue on the dusty floor of my cell." -Picasso
"No, painting is not done to decorate apartments. It is an instrument of war." - Picasso

'I have scars becuase I have a past; but they, like my past, do not define my future'

[Purple_Rain] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 12:44 PM   #58
surprising mystery

I am currently:

Woo Hoo is about the best words that sum up my opinion on the rule change.

I left because I couldnt cope with the triggeringness/pro/competitive nature of posts and now I feel more able to come back without risking the progress of my recovery.

*smiles all round*

L_M_G is my mummy :) inkerman and razorbladedarling are my two non-identical twin sprogs (concieved on same day) Scabette< cos she has the cutest puppy dog eyes and i cant resist!feeling-afraid< my bottle of glitter!! which i just have to have :Pmidnight stars< my gorgeous sister, whom i love to bits ;) Dance With The Fairy< *star*gazing*buddie :] Broken-Fairy is my partner in crime ;) little_miss is my real life saviour PaperClip is my stationary queen

surprising mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 03:28 PM   #59
_plastic

Thank youuu

*holds*

A little angel fell into my arms at the 7th of december 2010
xx Angel my babysisterxx

_plastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 04:17 PM   #60
behindblueyes
Will gladly climb your walls if u meet me halfway

I am currently:

I think opinions will be a lot more valuable one the trial period is in place.
It is new and it is scary.. but it is worth the try to try to better this community.

behindblueyes is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)