RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 08-04-2012, 06:31 AM   #1
JDenning
I welcome the reaper

I am currently:
Image Heavy - Love this picture

For the Vegans who think not eating meat will save the cow, here's something you should know

Last edited by squirrelspit : 11-04-2012 at 04:51 PM. Reason: moved to correct forum due to amount of deabte caused.

Take me away, I just want out from this self-imprisoned self-made Hell. Don't be surprsed, this is your mind coming to life by self-sacrifice. This tragedy of death will walk hand in hand with every thought of regret. Blame yourself for what you've become. The mind is a powerful thing set to self-destruct.
~I, Dementia - Whitechapel~

JDenning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:32 AM   #2
Charmed
I'm safe up high.

I feel quite ill. I also don't think a lot of them are made from that anymore :) I hope...

Have you ever looked fear in the face and said "I just don't care"?

Charmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
Gone.

I don't think that picture is terrifically accurate since some of the parts of the body are used for different things than it says in the picture. Also, you can get vegetarian/vegan versions of a lot of the things mentioned. Don't knock a vegan for trying, as long as they're pro-active/healthy about it.

It really annoys me how often people get at vegetarians/vegans. It's a free country, people can make whatever decisions they like. You don't hear other dietary choices getting all the stick...

/is being over-sensitive because people keep going on about it and it pisses me off.

Left.

Gone. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:30 PM   #4
Steel Maiden
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shine. View Post
It really annoys me how often people get at vegetarians/vegans. It's a free country, people can make whatever decisions they like. You don't hear other dietary choices getting all the stick...
This.

I am vegetarian and my best friend is vegan. We are fine and we don't need criticism. My mum used to make fun of me (when we talked) being vegetarian; I think it's really immature.

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.
I have autism and have problems communicating, PMs included.
Just becasue I type well doesn't mean I speak well. I am only part time verbal.

Steel Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:50 PM   #5
Asura

I can't think of any legitimate arguments for being vegan. Vegetarianism I have no beef with as long as it's not forced upon kids by vegetarian parents. It's incredibly unhealthy for kids and both selfish and ignorant on the part of the parents. no offence...

Nous avons abrité tous les rêves du monde,
Et c'est dans le soleil que nous avons grandi.

Asura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:09 PM   #6
FabulousMike
Proud Union Activist.

I am currently:

Quote:
I don't think that picture is terrifically accurate since some of the parts of the body are used for different things than it says in the picture. Also, you can get vegetarian/vegan versions of a lot of the things mentioned. Don't knock a vegan for trying, as long as they're pro-active/healthy about it.

/is being over-sensitive because people keep going on about it and it pisses me off.
This,

But I also thought 'BOOM IN YOUR FACE' about the picture LOLOL.

FabulousMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:30 PM   #7
The One Who

I am currently:

Quote:
That works both ways though.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:57 AM   #8
offlineforever
Left RYL

What if someone can't eat ALL the meat due to food intolerences? are we all going to tell them off for not using the whole cow then?

What about people who can't eat certain vegetables/fruits and have to eat meat to actually EAT food.

Does it make me a bad person for being able to have everything but the milk from a cow as I am intolerent to it?

On a more serious note... why is this thread here?

Left.

offlineforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:18 AM   #9
Gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Who View Post
That works both ways though.
I do agree.

Left.

Gone. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:58 AM   #10
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Colbertface View Post
What if someone can't eat ALL the meat due to food intolerences? are we all going to tell them off for not using the whole cow then?

What about people who can't eat certain vegetables/fruits and have to eat meat to actually EAT food.

Does it make me a bad person for being able to have everything but the milk from a cow as I am intolerent to it?

On a more serious note... why is this thread here?
I dont think thats what hes saying....I think its more about the 'if youre not eating meat because you dont want all the cow slaughter then think about what other products are made from it.' Nothing to do with intolerence to food.

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.

griddlebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:35 AM   #11
Steel Maiden
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

Vegan maybe not great for kids but my vegan friend is 28 and he is seriously healthy. He hardly ever gets ill and he has never had any abnormalities in his yearly medicals at work.

I don't eat meat primarily because I don't like the idea of directly eating a dead animal. Although I know animals do eventually get killed in the process of cheese etc. I would be vegan, maybe in the future, when I don't have a carer that says "what did you eat today?" every time he visits, then he proceeds to criticise what I eat (he also said that all of my health problems are due to me being vegetarian and that it will make me weak, which is bullsh**t).

But I also have multiple digestive problems and I find certain types of meat (and the way that meat and fish is commonly cooked) makes me have problems, especially with my IBS.

It's the person's own choice what they eat.

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.
I have autism and have problems communicating, PMs included.
Just becasue I type well doesn't mean I speak well. I am only part time verbal.

Steel Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:08 AM   #12
<(O_O<) (>O_O)>
You mad?

I am currently:

i've got the mental image of someone playing a guitar with intestines for strings. -thumbs up?-

<(O_O<) (>O_O)> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:21 AM   #13
FabulousMike
Proud Union Activist.

I am currently:

Just think when you're using anti-aging cream you're rubbing brains onto your face :P

FabulousMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:27 AM   #14
offlineforever
Left RYL

Quote:
Originally Posted by griddlebone View Post
I dont think thats what hes saying....I think its more about the 'if youre not eating meat because you dont want all the cow slaughter then think about what other products are made from it.' Nothing to do with intolerence to food.
Fair enough, but what if someone is vegan due to food intolerence?

Left.

offlineforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:31 AM   #15
[Purple_Rain]
Forum Mod

I am currently:

I really hate it when people force their views down my throat. Or tell my my views are wrong. I am assuming you are the same. So, pray tell, what do you think gives you the right to do so now?

I'm not vegan. I am vegiterian. The number of times I have had to 'defend' my choice to not eat meat to people, when:

1. it doesnt affect them in the slightest
2. they are ill informed about it
3. I have never told them 'meat is murder!' or anything similar
4. I am pretty sure they are doing it to make themselves feel superior for being a meat eater.

I have no problem with people asking questions, as I am sure vegans don't. But this is not what you are doing. I do not understand why people think it is their god given right to critisize people for their food choices. I mean, people do the same with me when it comes to chosing not to drink. So it's not restricted to vegiterian/veganism. To people generally just take the piss out of what they don't understand?

"I would be almighty in my own world of art, even if I had to paint my pictures with my wet tongue on the dusty floor of my cell." -Picasso
"No, painting is not done to decorate apartments. It is an instrument of war." - Picasso

'I have scars becuase I have a past; but they, like my past, do not define my future'

[Purple_Rain] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:49 AM   #16
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Colbertface View Post
Fair enough, but what if someone is vegan due to food intolerence?
Again....I dont think his post has anything to do with people who cant eat meat for a medical reason. In his first post he says For the Vegans who think not eating meat will save the cow, here's something you should know so Im pretty sure hes only referring to vegans who choose to be because they think it will save the cows.

But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.

Old 09-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #17
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

I dont know if my posts came across as thinking vegans are wrong.....it wasnt meant to. I literally couldnt care less what people eat!x

Old 09-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #18
whirlpools

As others have said, there are alternative vegan products. My friend was vegan and was aware of all of those things in the picture, and simply didn't use them. Therefore, true vegan. In other words, slogan under picture invalid.

I also sense, and may be wrong, that the OP is trying to make people who are vegetarian/vegan feel bad about their choices, which I find annoying. I am not vegetarian or vegan.

whirlpools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:35 PM   #19
pixiedust_11

I am currently:

I'd just like to take the opportunity to agree with a lot of other people, that being vegan or vegetarian is a lifestyle choice, that just like religion, or other ethical stances, should not be knocked or picked at for being a healthy and well informed decision made by the person involved. I am a vegetarian and have been ruthlessly and mercilessly (no word of exaggeration there) picked on for years, because people simply do not understand that this is my choice, no different it is to theirs for deciding to eat meat, or to consume dairy products. I can see the point the OP is making that meat is not the only product that comes from an animal, however as many others have already pointed out, there are a growing number of vegan alternatives to many of the things mentioned.

I don't mean to come across aggressively in any way, but after having been in many a situation where I've had to explain myself to stop the 'banter' that people assume I should find funny, I'm merely sticking up for myself and for others that have been in this situation before. Ergh.

/Rant over.

Last edited by pixiedust_11 : 09-04-2012 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Spelling fail.

Do not be dismayed by the brokenness of the world. All things can be mended. Not with time, as they say, but with intention. So go. Love intentionally, extravagantly, unconditionally. The broken world awaits in darkness for the light that is you.

pixiedust_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:40 PM   #20
pixiedust_11

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asura View Post
I can't think of any legitimate arguments for being vegan. Vegetarianism I have no beef with as long as it's not forced upon kids by vegetarian parents. It's incredibly unhealthy for kids and both selfish and ignorant on the part of the parents. no offence...

Also, I can think of plenty of legitimate arguments for veganism with regards to the ethics and mass production of the whole thing. But I won't go into it for fear of being the cause of World War 3.

Do not be dismayed by the brokenness of the world. All things can be mended. Not with time, as they say, but with intention. So go. Love intentionally, extravagantly, unconditionally. The broken world awaits in darkness for the light that is you.

pixiedust_11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)