RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 23-10-2007, 05:28 PM   #141
Absi
Miss Abaretti

I am currently:

*hugs lullaby and Ellie*

lullaby - both you and he are in my prayers, stay safe.

Ellie - It doesn't matter about the past now, you are with God and he loves you. You are so lucky, God chose to talk to you and you went into his arms, stay there. It doesn't matter how long you have been a Christian, your story reminds me of the Prodigal Son and the Lost Sheep. Welcome to this thread. : )

God Bless

Abi x x x

"A woman is like a teabag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water."

Eleanor Roosevelt (1996)

Absi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2007, 07:25 PM   #142
inherent

I am currently:

horseridinbbe07: I'm already in counseling and I'm doing all the right things to get myself help. I know it will be hard to get out but I just can't right now. Sadly, I really don't want to. I'll keep going to church but that's about all I can do right now.

Why can't you see who I am inside?

inherent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2007, 01:45 AM   #143
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

Inherent: I've been there... It's so difficult, but keep going to church. God loves you and wants you back in His arms. Everyone sins, so really everyone is a hypocrite. God sees all sins as equal [murder, rape, lying, coveting, idolatry, they're all the same in His eyes]... Every earthly person will eventually disappoint you, the only one who will ever be enough is Jesus!

Heather: Know that you're always in my prayers. Whatever happens, know that it's His will and it's part of some bigger plan

SI free solely by the grace of God!
August 2, 2007

healingraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2007, 01:47 AM   #144
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

Ellie: That's phenomenal! Share that testimony every chance you get!
Welcome to our lovely thread, it's great to have you!

August 2, 2007

Old 24-10-2007, 02:09 AM   #145
risenfromperdition
you are loved and beautiful :)

thanks guys, the prayers are much appreciated
*loves*
god bless
xx

“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

risenfromperdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2007, 02:10 AM   #146
~*forever_broken*~
You should just give up on me. I would.

I am currently:

Hello there...didn't know y'all were here (I spend most of my time in vets)...
Question: how do we reconcile our SH with our Christian beliefs? Our suicidal thoughts/wishes..? Anyone have any ideas? Because I can't come up with any...

Thanks all.

Alyssa

I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
~ Marilyn Monroe

~*forever_broken*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2007, 04:06 AM   #147
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

I'm a bit blonde... the way you worded that doesn't make sense to me..

Do you mean like how can we apply our Christian beliefs to our SH and suicidal thoughts/wishes

August 2, 2007

Old 24-10-2007, 04:42 AM   #148
~*forever_broken*~

I am currently:

Nope, not you, that was me.
And no...see I don't even think there's a way to apply them...to connect the two...at least...not in a positive way. I can't see that God would approve of any of this...so as Christians...how do we...grrr I don't know...I can't come up with anything better than 'reconcile'...*sigh* par for the course I suppose...sorry...

I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
~ Marilyn Monroe

Old 24-10-2007, 05:35 AM   #149
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

Oops, I didn't mean to suggest that God approves of any of this... I believe that the bible is relevant in all situations, even those it does not explicitly discuss. So. yeah, I apply my beliefs to my struggle with self-harm and suicidality...

Speaking very generally, we were fearfully and wonderfully made, and God's good thoughts about each of us outnumber the grains of sand. [psalm 139]
and we were made in his imge [genesis 1]

So since He loves me that much, i should love myself

and anything you put before god in your life is an idol [deuteronomy 5]

lots of other stuff... will share later... [some posted in this thread if you care to look]

Last year my english teacher told me, "We don't have to cut ourselves and bleed, because He did that for us"

August 2, 2007

Old 24-10-2007, 06:26 AM   #150
~*forever_broken*~

I am currently:

And that makes sense...after all that's part of what we believe as Christians right? So how in the word do we reconcile the fact thay we SH and can be suicidal? I'm sorry I'm not really expecting an answer...I suppose I should ask a pastor or someone like that...but mine doesn't know about any of this...no one at church does.

Thanks so much :)
Alyssa

~ Marilyn Monroe

Old 24-10-2007, 02:20 PM   #151
Undomiel
Hope...

I am currently:

Hi..I'm new to this thread so hi everyone! :) I've struggled so much with this question... I'm not sure that we can reconcile it..lt's so right: 'we don't have to cut ourselves and bleed because He did that for us'...we're meant to look after our bodies..not harm them..

A friend said something to me once that has really helped me..she said that she can picture God right there beside us when we're cutting and hurting... he isn't frowning down at us...he's crying WITH us..and he feels our pain more than we can even feel it ourselves and he wants so badly for us to be free..

I've tried to commit suicide quite a few times and ,not that long ago, very nearly suceeded..I struggle with a lot of guilt and confusion because of it...but and I believe that God was holding me closer at those times ( if that's possible) than ever...wanting me to reach out and hold on too...

For me..I want to stop self harming so much and I keep trying and keep failing but I just hope I never stop trying....I think that would make God more sad than anything...

Anyway enough of my rambling! :) Sorry if that didn't make much sense!

Undomiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2007, 03:20 AM   #152
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

Firstly, welcome Rainbow!

We can always take all sins back to the fall of man. All of these bad things in our lives are not part of God's original plan. At the fall of man sin entered the world, and we've been suffering ever since.
[If you go back to the concept of original sin, then you see that each of us is born with sin]

It's all just Satan, doing everything he can to draw us away from Christ.
[maybe si is satan's way of trying to convince us that we can be saved through our own blood]
And Satan's ultimate goal is to destroy us, so I definitely think he is the root of suicidal thoughts

August 2, 2007

Old 25-10-2007, 06:05 AM   #153
risenfromperdition
you are loved and beautiful :)

hey, so i have another prayer request- the highschool that most of my youthgroup goes to just had one of the seniors commit suicide... and just pray for the school and his family and friends. it's really made me see how it does affect people around... they're so upset and most of them barely knew him... how devastated would they be if it were me who had succeeded one of those times? and i keep thinking how many of my best friends irl have been suicidal... and how easily that could have been one of them.

mmm yeh.
god bless,
Heather
xx

“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

risenfromperdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2007, 11:12 AM   #154
tigergirl83

Hi Alyssa

I don't have anything too helpful to add, just that I can undestand. I have big trouble in reconciling my SH with my Christian beliefs. It's a really tough one- I know it's not what God wants for me, I know it's wrong etc etc but it doesn't stop me.
Take care
God Bless
Helen x

tigergirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2007, 10:54 PM   #155
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

Heather-
Yeah, that's tough... In March my friend Joe committed suicide & it really shook us up, event the ones who didn't really know him... It's tragic and doesn't make sense...

August 2, 2007

Old 28-10-2007, 03:12 AM   #156
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

Urgent prayer request...

A friend of mine is seriously contemplating suicide. [she's attempted twice in the past]

This is the 3rd night in a row she's been like this, but tonight she's home alone, and has the tools...

I know I should tell someone, but I honestly can't...

I only have her cell #, and I know what city she lives near, but not which city she actually lives in... and I don't know of anyone else who would know any of that stuff

August 2, 2007

Old 28-10-2007, 09:08 PM   #157
Absi
Miss Abaretti

I am currently:

so I'm a bit late, i hope she is ok, i said a prayer just then for her.

Please let us know how she is.

*hugs you both*

god bless. x

"A woman is like a teabag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water."

Eleanor Roosevelt (1996)

Old 29-10-2007, 01:24 AM   #158
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

She's alive, but obviously not completely ([mentally]) well...
Thank God.
I talked with her very briefly earlier...

August 2, 2007

Old 29-10-2007, 09:06 PM   #159
Absi
Miss Abaretti

I am currently:

I'm so pleased about that. : )

I hope she gets better soon.

*huggles you both*

Eleanor Roosevelt (1996)

Old 30-10-2007, 04:15 AM   #160
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

thanks...

August 2, 2007

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)