RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 05-10-2020, 04:47 PM   #1
Koala hugs

I am currently:
i have a question

How many relapses/blips before u just class yourself as actively self harming again? I have had two blips/relapses in the past two months after a year of not self harming at all just wondering what to class it out at this point

Koala hugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 03:50 PM   #2
Auror.
Camden

I've said this before in other places, but to me it's not about number or length of time, but about mindset.

I'm taking this from another post I've made:
I personally think relapse versus struggling is subjective and depends more on the place your head is in. Are you wanting/trying to not self harm, or are you knowingly wanting to self harm and just doing it? To me if you are actively wanting not to or trying not to do the behavior, that's more indicative of just struggling. Where if you're just doing the behavior without really thinking or doing it because you want to self harm and don't care about trying to work on other ways to cope, that'd be more like a relapse.

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 12:50 AM   #3
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

I agree completely with Camden. I’m sorry things have been so difficult though. Do you know what helped you stop for a year? That IS an amazing achievement in itself. Try not to get caught up on terminology like relapse or slip. You are you and it sounds like you’ve already come a long way.

QUOTE=Auror.;4280390]I've said this before in other places, but to me it's not about number or length of time, but about mindset.

I'm taking this from another post I've made:
I personally think relapse versus struggling is subjective and depends more on the place your head is in. Are you wanting/trying to not self harm, or are you knowingly wanting to self harm and just doing it? To me if you are actively wanting not to or trying not to do the behavior, that's more indicative of just struggling. Where if you're just doing the behavior without really thinking or doing it because you want to self harm and don't care about trying to work on other ways to cope, that'd be more like a relapse.[/quote]

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Pomegranate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 08:17 PM   #4
Koala hugs

I am currently:

Ok thanks guys . I think mostly just wanted to see how long i could go without it i didnt plan to stop as such not in the end it was more can i go another day month etc now im just in a different headspace at the moment where i dont currently want to stop doin what im doin its been a very difficult year for a whole miriad of reasons and covid has hardly helped either although i havent struggled with that as much as others have . Alot has gone on and now its all catching up with me im not eating properly or sleeping well either which isnt helping matters i dont really know where to go from here other than mayb dust myself off n start again

Koala hugs is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)