RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 09-05-2011, 10:21 AM   #1
DestinyInPain
Nutter in disguise

I am currently:
could I be schizophrenic?

I've not even considered a diagnosis but I show all the classic signs(the early onsets of it) and I just wonder after everything I've been through could I be schizophrenic?

// Enter Signature Here\\

DestinyInPain is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 09-05-2011, 10:36 AM   #2
dazed1989
Cynically optimistic most of the time.

I am currently:

You obviously think there is a likelihood of it so book an appointment with your doctor. Even if it didn't turn out to be schizophrenia there must be a problem for you to be exhibiting signs which are related to it.

Good Luck!

dazed1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:43 AM   #3
DestinyInPain
Nutter in disguise

I am currently:

Thanks.
I do have a doc appointment but cos my mums coming I'm to scared to mention it.

// Enter Signature Here\\

DestinyInPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:50 AM   #4
dazed1989
Cynically optimistic most of the time.

I am currently:

You have some options then

You can go in on your own.... your mum may not realise she's making you uncomfortable... Just ask her if she wouldn't mind just waiting outside and that you'll call for her if you need her.

Or if you don't want to do that maybe even ring the doctors surgery and tell the person on the phone to get a message to the doctor you are seeing about the situation... If the doctor knows you're uncomfortable talking about it with your mum he or she might say to her that he needs to speak with you alone, I imagine they are used to dealing with concerned parents and patients who don't want to hurt their parents feelings...

Or you can just fight through the fear and talk openly and bravely in front of your mum, if you're going to need support from her in the long run it could be best to keep her 100% involved in the process...

Up to you, only you know whats best for you.

dazed1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:01 PM   #5
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

How old are you? Doctors like to speak to their patients on their own where possible as they realise that people can't be honest with their parents there. Does your mum have to come with you? You can always ask her to step outside for a bit so you can speak to the doctor in private, or even ask her to stay in the waiting room while you go in.

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:16 PM   #6
Morpheus

I honestly dont get what you want from this thread. Could you be.. who knows. Thats for a doctor to decide. If you need support for how to talk to your gp, then ask that. I am sick of people assuming or trying to find diagnoses, for then to come here asking us what we think. It takes a lot of testing and a **** load of time and observing to find out if you are schizophrenic, do you really think any of us could do that for you or even speculate in a diagnosis?

I just really dont understand this type of thread and i am starting to get quite sick of them. I know you may just be scared of what is wrong with you, but how are a bunch of strangers on the internet going to help you with what you may or may not have? I just dont get it.

Den fuldkomne kærlighed,
Kan ikke eksistere blandt ufuldkomne

Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)