RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 04-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #1
Fire Fly
Feel free to be yourself

I am currently:
Vanlafaxine XL

Hey,
My Pdoc put me on venlafaxine yesterday ad I took a pill before I went I bed. During the night I woke up with the most excruciating pain in my stomach, with dry mouth and dizziness.

Has anyone had these experience? And how long did they last?

Ballerina123 - My lovely superstar

Call me R -

The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time - Abraham Lincoln

Old 04-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #2
Aubergine
You've got this.

I am currently:

I had the dry mouth and dizziness when I first started this. It lasted around a couple of weeks, I think. The first three or four days were definitely the worst though.

Side-effects aside, this med has been brilliant for me. I hope it helps you too. :)

“Our defeats are softened and our victories are sweetened because we did it together.” - Toby Ziegler.

This isn't everything you are.

Old 04-05-2012, 04:48 PM   #3
Emo
OLDER THAN SPACE AND TIME - THE TARDIS

I am currently:

I have been on venlafaxine for a while now and i have never had stomach pains from them i did get dry month but nothing else
if you keep getting the pains talk to your dr

Old 04-05-2012, 05:17 PM   #4
Heaven Knows
This Member Has Left.

I am currently:

I had all three of them for the first few days. If they carry on I'd speak to your doctor xxx

Old 04-05-2012, 05:23 PM   #5
Fire Fly
Feel free to be yourself

I am currently:

Thank you all for your replies. My body reacts alot to medication and I usually get loads of side effects :/. Have any of you had a racing heart literally when you haven't done any thing and you have it racing so fast you cant keep count of your pulse? Sorry just a bit worried - my care coordinator just brushed it off.

Last edited by Fire Fly : 04-05-2012 at 10:18 PM. Reason: typo

Call me R -

The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time - Abraham Lincoln

Old 05-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #6
bitomato

I am currently:

Hi Tinkles,
Yeah this med has really helped me. But side effects are a bummer for different people. Do not come off without telling your doctor. Keep a journal of dosage, time and side effects. And tell your doctor.

I do think that you should give it a try before writing it off- but I don't want you to be worried. Yeah BP is an issue for some people.

Are you healthy now? Or do you have pre existing conditions?

When is your next follow up appointment?

~Happy tomatoes together we will be~
You say toe- may- toe, I say toe- mah- toe:
Let's call the whole thing- red

It’s time to lead the third revolution, which is not to say we want to be at the top of the world, but to say we want to change the world. Because the way the world has been designed by men is not working. It’s not working for women, it’s not working for men,
it’s not working for polar bears
.” Arianna Huffington 2014

Old 05-05-2012, 04:39 PM   #7
[Purple_Rain]
Forum Mod

I am currently:

A freind on venlaxfaxine now has to have her heartrat emonitered a lot - definitly talk to your doctor about that one, as it's dangerous.

"I would be almighty in my own world of art, even if I had to paint my pictures with my wet tongue on the dusty floor of my cell." -Picasso
"No, painting is not done to decorate apartments. It is an instrument of war." - Picasso

'I have scars becuase I have a past; but they, like my past, do not define my future'

Old 05-05-2012, 04:39 PM   #8
Fire Fly
Feel free to be yourself

I am currently:

Hey bitomato,
thanks for replying. What do you mean by bp? - bloodpressure?

My health is healthy i dont have any health conditions other than mh issues. Do you think my racing heart has got something to do with my blood pressure?

I took it again last night. My hear did beat fast again but not as fast and i didnt have excruciating pains in the stomach but still no sleep. The side effects are lowering thankfully.

Call me R -

Old 05-05-2012, 04:41 PM   #9
Fire Fly
Feel free to be yourself

I am currently:

Thanks for the reply Purple_rain,
I will mention it to my care coordinator on wednesday although can he change the meds or is that only done with the pdoc?

Thanks again for the reply x

Call me R -

Old 05-05-2012, 04:48 PM   #10
bitomato

I am currently:

Yeah BP is blood pressure- racing heart for me is anxiety related, but I have a heart condition so I cannot fool around.
You are changing the meds really early- just my opinion.
Think only a doc can change them- just don't try anything without medical advice.

It’s time to lead the third revolution, which is not to say we want to be at the top of the world, but to say we want to change the world. Because the way the world has been designed by men is not working. It’s not working for women, it’s not working for men,

Old 05-05-2012, 05:04 PM   #11
Fire Fly
Feel free to be yourself

I am currently:

Oh really :/ he didnt say anythign about changing them he just said I had to take them until wednesday when we decide hows it going and whether it is worth changing it or not.

I really want these meds to work :/ tried to many now x

Call me R -

Old 05-05-2012, 05:43 PM   #12
bitomato

I am currently:

well if the side effects are too bad then the patient should not suffer but I am pretty sure it has to build up to therapeutic dose in your system- like a few weeks

Old 05-05-2012, 10:27 PM   #13
cakey
i am always ok, ok?

I am currently:

yeah, side effects at the start are common, i had the dry mouth and stuff, it can take a few weeks for the effects to go away, normally drs say keep it going for a couple months to see how it is going.

fast heart rate can be anxiety, and i would speak to both your care co and dr about that, and although a care co cannot change the meds, usually the drs etc will listen to the care co's recomendations....or at least mine does....

Sometimes it is easier to hide where noone knows who you are.

Amelia Rose 24.05.11

Old 06-05-2012, 11:13 PM   #14
Spork.
-

I am currently:

I had heart racing and dizzyness the first week or so I was on them. It settled down fairly quickly. Mention it to your care coordinator and keep an eye on it.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)