RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 13-11-2018, 03:41 AM   #1
opendrummer

I am currently:
Life is just heavy, and I really wonder why I am alive.

Existence is just super heavy, and I feel trapped. Trapped in my responsibilities, debts, and my marriage. I live in chronic self-doubt and rarely see any good in myself. Even when I accomplish something or someone complements me, my conscience turns around and makes me question it.

I ride waves of short highs, followed by sustained overwhelming lows where I question why I am even alive. I have been in and out of counseling, but I always make it to a point where my therapist thinks I am doing well, so we take a break, and I realize how wrong that is a week later.
I constantly feel alone. I don’t really have friends, and my wife works nights so she sleeps at strange hours. It doesn’t help that I don’t think our relationship is as good as it used to be.

I love my wife. There are things I could tell her that I would never tell another living being, but I am just not attracted to her anymore. I used to yearn for her, but now I rarely want to have sex with her. We had a rough patch that we went to counseling for and have since been getting along better, but I think my attraction to her suffered during that time.

Meanwhile, I have found myself obsessing over this coworker for the better part of the year, like butterflies in my stomach when I see her and think about her, stuff I haven’t felt in a long time. Time spent around her gives me a high when I generally always feel lows. I want to be her friend, but being around her just feeds these feelings, and to be honest with myself, my heart tells me I want more than that. However, that is impossible because not only am I married, but so is she and I don’t think she feels anything close to the feelings I have for her.

I don’t think I could ever act on my feelings. I know how wrong I am. I feel like I am betraying my wife, and I have no business hurting someone else’s marriage. I don’t want to hurt anyone. I just want to love and be loved. I thought I understood love, but it seems I really don’t.

If I even made these feelings known, I would likely lose everything, and I can’t tell anyone I know because no one will ever sympathize with thoughts of infidelity, especially considering my friends from back home are very close with my wife.

And I don’t really see why they should sympathize. My wife loves me, and I know she would never take me for granted. She deserves better than me.
I really don’t understand why I am still alive anymore. I thought about suicide when I was a teenager a lot, but never had the guts to go through with it. I don’t even think I do now, I just always imagine a world where I don’t exist or I am someone else entirely. I am not sure why I turned out the way I did, and I am just getting so sick of all of this nonsense in life. Sorry for the disorganized mess of thoughts. I never really can articulate this stuff.

opendrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 24-11-2018, 01:28 PM   #2
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Hello,

It sounds like you're in a really tricky spot and I'm glad that you can see that pursuing your feelings towards your coworker wouldn't be the right thing to do. Is there any way of distancing yourself from this coworker as much as possible to try to start letting yourself move forward from the feelings you have towards her?

You've mentioned having counselling in the past, is it something you'd be willing to go back to? Hopefully it would help to be able to talk openly about all of this with someone 'professional neutral', as you've mentioned a lot of your friends are close to your wife so it doesn't sound like you'd be able to talk freely to them about your feelings. Maybe this time around you could have planned therapeutic breaks with a clear intention to return after that break to see how things are going, before you start to properly finish having sessions altogether.

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)