RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 06-04-2016, 11:04 AM   #1
Billy232027

I am currently:
Struggling

6 months free at this time which is a personal best for me as i jever used to be able to do 1 month but really struggling with urges. They are starting to make me a bit restless and aggitated. Its like trying to beat an addiction. I have tried many techniques for replacement (ice cubes and elastic bands). Anybody else get like this?

Billy232027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 10:02 PM   #2
ButterflyKisses

I am currently:

You're past the hardest part. So well done. And you're right it is an addiction. So remember it will get easier. Try and think of being 1 year free. Work towards that. You're doing great.
Other techniques that helped me is drawing, writing, just general distractions, do you play an instrument? Just try to focus your mind on something else.

If I could sleep forever
I could forget about everything

ButterflyKisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 01:32 AM   #3
Billy232027

I am currently:

Thankyou for the kind words. It seems to get harder as time goes on. There is an added element of self disappointment for wanting to that i knkw will be worse if i brake it. I have little to no creative talent except for writing. I write quite emotional and sometimes triggeting poetry and short stories. I do this often enough as a release but cant do it as a distraction method

Old 07-04-2016, 03:35 AM   #4
DeadRoses
Daydreamer

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy232027 View Post
Thankyou for the kind words. It seems to get harder as time goes on. There is an added element of self disappointment for wanting to that i knkw will be worse if i brake it. I have little to no creative talent except for writing. I write quite emotional and sometimes triggeting poetry and short stories. I do this often enough as a release but cant do it as a distraction method
I feel the same. It's great to write these things, but it isn't much of an distraction for me either, more of a release

I fell in love with you because you loved me when I couldn't love myself

DeadRoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 04:07 AM   #5
Billy232027

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadRoses View Post
I feel the same. It's great to write these things, but it isn't much of an distraction for me either, more of a release
Im so glad im not the only one. I would love to read some of your writing DeadRoses if you would like to read mine. Even dark writing can display a message of hope and control over emotions. I use my writing to show i feel.

Old 07-04-2016, 09:23 AM   #6
[Luna]

Writing is a wonderful outlet, try and use it as much as you need.
Are there any others things you can think of that work as well?
xx

Let us go then you and I, when the evening is spread out against the sky, like a patient etherized upon a table
- T.S. Elliot

[Luna] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 03:05 PM   #7
DeadRoses
Daydreamer

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy232027 View Post
Im so glad im not the only one. I would love to read some of your writing DeadRoses if you would like to read mine. Even dark writing can display a message of hope and control over emotions. I use my writing to show i feel.
Sure, you can PM them to me if they're triggering, it's okay

I fell in love with you because you loved me when I couldn't love myself

DeadRoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 01:33 AM   #8
Billy232027

I am currently:

I have began drawing again to help as distraction after recent relapse. I hope i will be allowed to upload my drawing once it is finished

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)