RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 28-06-2008, 02:30 AM   #1
Gizzy

General Medical Question - Non Urgent - I Never Feel Well!

Right, first:
I do not have an eating disorder. But I don't eat as much as I should.
I'm on 20mg of Fluoxetine a day.
I'm on 600g of Ferrous Sulphate (Iron tablets) a day.
I do not have anemia, but I've been told that my iron stores are low.
I recently had a batch of starved blood tests, that didn't really tell me much. Just about the iron and that I may have had a viral infection. But I've been feeling unwell much longer than a viral infection would last.

My main problems are head rushes and nausea. There's also this strange burning sensation that I get in my head.

Often, when standing up, (between 1-20 times a day) my head will feel fuzzy and there will be a faint rining in my ears. I completely lose my vision and balance. Ever spun around loads when you were a kid? Then when you stop and the world feels like it's tilting one way. It's like that. So I kind of slowly fall forwards as it feels right to my balance. If that makes any sense.

Annnnd the nausea. I just very often feel nauseas. No idea why. I never actually throw up, and it usually goes away within half an our, but it's very annoying.
Though I'm beginning to think that most of this is in my head, as I often worry about feeling ill and then feel ill.
For example, if I'm on a train surrounded by people, my first thought will be "This would be a really bad time to feel ill!", then I'll find myself concentrating on not feeling ill, but noticing every small change of feeling. I usually get quite warm, and then start to feel nauseas, and the more I worry about it, the more I feel ill.

Now, the burning sensation. This only seems to happen when I'm feeling nauseas and at the same time, really worrying about it.
I'll get really, really warm and the hot feeling will rise up into my head. My head will feel like it's burning. Arms and legs feel cooler some how, and slightly tingly. There's also a sense of panic.

Oh, and there's also the fact that I can't spend too long stood up, in the sun or doing things such as cycling.
I'm thinking this is probably due to the fact that I don't eat enough?
But if I stand still for five or so minutes and start to think about it, then I'll start feeling quite light headed and ill.
The same applies for cycling, although this happens whether I think about it or not. If I ignore the feelings, then the room will start spinning, I'll feel like I'm about to pass out and also nauseas.

I just hate never being able to do the things that I want to feel cause I always feel ill!

Cheers for reading this, and also thankyou so, SO much for any help in advance.

Old 28-06-2008, 04:41 AM   #2
Aidee

I am currently:

Who was it that ordered your blood tests? Why did they order them?

Well it breaks my heart to see you this way,
The beauty in life, where's it gone?
And somebody told me you were doing okay,
Somehow I guess they were wrong.

Old 28-06-2008, 02:25 PM   #3
whirlpools

is it possible that you have low blood pressure? that can be caused by not eating much, even if you don't have an ED. it's something a GP can test for quite easily (not sure about the treatment though). low blood pressure can cause dizziness and fainting when standing up quickly or standing too long (i've had it in the past, less so now). it could also link to nausea when standing.

another possibility for the nausea and feeling poorly might be your iron tablets - they can cause that. talk to your doctor about it because they can put you on iron liquid which tastes a bit yucky but doesn't have the same side effects as far as i know.

i guess to cut a long story short, tell your GP and she/he should be able to help.

Old 28-06-2008, 03:02 PM   #4
Dramatic

Like whirlpools has said - it could be low blood pressure. And Iron tablets can make you feel unwell for a period of time.

I felt similar about 3 months ago. It was ongoing for around 3 weeks, the last straw was when i fainted in the shower. It turns out i had a slight virus, and got treatment for vertigo (dizzyness/feeling sick/fainting) and got put on a small course of tablets which thankfully cleared it up.

I think it would be best you discussed this with your GP though hun. It's not right that you're continueing to feel unwell.
*big hugs* feel better soon
xx

Old 28-06-2008, 07:32 PM   #5
Gizzy

I've seen my GP, but he doesn't know what's up.

My blood pressure is low, but not majorly low.

I've not been on the iron tablets very long. All of these problems have been way before those.

GP ordered the tests, but didn't find anything obvious as to why I'm never well.

Cheers :)

Old 29-06-2008, 12:50 AM   #6
Aidee

I am currently:

Hi Gizzy, I'm closing this thread because it goes against rule #6 of the First Aid Forum rules. It specifically violates the bit highlighted in green.

6. Advising someone to go against or disreguard the instructions of a Doctor is prohibited. Because of this we cannot give advice for a condition diagnosed, or undiagnosed for which you are already under the supervision of a medical professional. The RYL First Aid Advisors are not here to replace the care of a doctor, and because of this we can not ethically and legally issue advice once you have sought treatment from a higher level of care. The exception to this rule are questions about wound care, and questions about symptoms you aren't sure about.

Example: "I went to my doctor because of xxx problem, but he didn't do anything about it, what should I do?"
or "My doctor told me I have xxx problem, and told me to do xxx, but it's not helping, can you think of anything else to make me better?"

Example of what IS allowed: "I have an ED which I see a doctor for. Recently I've been getting xxx, could this be related?"

If your GP doesn't know what is up after running tests and such it is extraordinarily unlikely that we are going to be able to offer you any help. I suggest keeping track of how you are feeling each day so that you can let your GP know. If your GP is still unable to figure out what is wrong it is a good idea to seek a second opinion.

Well it breaks my heart to see you this way,
The beauty in life, where's it gone?
And somebody told me you were doing okay,
Somehow I guess they were wrong.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)