RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 06-01-2008, 11:40 PM   #1
lifeinslowmotion1

I am currently:
Triggering (SI) - Missing SI

Since I've gone on meds, the urges to hurt myself have pretty much disappeared completely. In theory, this is good. But I keep finding myself trying to sort of coax myself back into self harming again. It feels so strange being 'better'. I'm not depressed any more, I just feel empty now. I don't feel anything. In a way, that's worse that it was before. I keep trying to want to hurt myself again cos I miss just feeling something!!

Is this weird?

lifeinslowmotion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 06-01-2008, 11:45 PM   #2
Spoons

I am currently:

no its not weird, the majority of the time i feel exactly the same. My meds make me numb and non feeling most of the time, i feel that i need to cut to feel even though i dont ive been free for months but i still think about all the time, how it felt, how it allowed me to feel. Maybe have your meds lowered slightly? could you talk to your psych or dr about it?

We are not our failures...

Spoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:22 AM   #3
lifeinslowmotion1

I am currently:

Thanks - the problem is it just doesn't work. It really hurts - not in the 'good' way it used to - Ijust feel nothing after.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:39 PM   #4
_plastic

It is hard to overcome SI cause sadly it works at least for a while to make yourself feel numb and not facing the deeper issues and emotions , thats why you still feel the urges to cut despite that you are feeling better and not depressed anymore .

It will get easier by time , keep fighting !

x

A little angel fell into my arms at the 7th of december 2010
xx Angel my babysisterxx

_plastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:39 PM   #5
lifeinslowmotion1

I am currently:

It's not that I'm feeling urges to cut - it's that I don't get the urges any more and it's weird!! I miss it!!

Old 08-01-2008, 01:52 AM   #6
jessye

I am currently:

I totally understand what you mean. I have the same thing and I've been on meds for a year now. The other day it occurred to me that I can't really feel any strong emotions at all now. I miss being in touch with how I feel. The strongest emotion I have these days is irritation or annoyance at someone or something. I can't remember the last time I cried. Or the last time I was truly happy. I'm content though and I think that its all a part of teaching yourself how to feel again.

x

What doesn't kill you can only **** you up for a really really long time...

jessye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:05 AM   #7
Mouse81

I am currently:

I understand that. I haven't done it in a month or so and I miss it. I want it ALL the time but it's like right now there isn't a "reason" to, however stupid that sounds. I had to see my counselor today and she always wants to talk about it and it makes me want to do it more...blah.

Mouse81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:04 AM   #8
metallic smile

i definitely relate.

i haven't seriously cut in about a year now...you know, with the occasional relapse, and every once in a while i want to cut just for the sake of cutting. i MISS it, and i miss the scars. i dont really know how to be without the depression and the cutting, and i'm not really comfortable being happy i guess because i just don't really know how to be it.

my emotions are bland and dull. i dont even cry anymore.

like you said, i think it's worse than actually cutting.

metallic smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 01:55 AM   #9
Mouse81

I am currently:

metallic smile: i am like you. reading that made me think i was reading something about myself...

Mouse81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)