RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 24-02-2010, 03:20 PM   #1
moonlet
Natalie.

I am currently:
Is this weird? *possibly triggering*

I want to get other people's opinions about this.

I know a man, he's 40 years old and lives in an apartment alone but sometimes his 7 year old daughter is over. In the morning when he woke her up for school, he went in naked because that's how he sleeps and he went right in after getting out of bed. He sat on her bed and started telling her to get up and get ready for school.

So is it weird for a father to go into his daughter's room like that when she's 7 years old? He was kind of covering his privates, but he was still naked... he wasn't covering his butt or anything, you know? This man is very nice and I'm sure he doesn't think anything of it, but I just find it slightly inappropriate.

So yeah... I'm just wondering what other people think.

moonlet is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 24-02-2010, 04:39 PM   #2
makedamnsure

I am currently:

I dunno. I suppose in different families things are different. I mean, I did see my mum and dad naked once or twice when I was little but I always found it kind of embarrassing. Personally I do think he should put a dressing gown or something on, but I suppose it is personal preference and I don't neccesarily think it is inappropriate.

Courtesy
Integrity
Perseverance
Self Control
Indomitable Spirit

makedamnsure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2010, 04:48 PM   #3
squirrelspit

I am currently:

i dont think its weird.

people make it weird by automatically associating nudity with sex.

squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2010, 06:24 PM   #4
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

Personally I'd feel embarassed.

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2010, 07:29 PM   #5
moonlet
Natalie.

I am currently:

Okay, thanks guys. That makes me feel better. My mom and I are like that, very open and wander around naked, but I wasn't sure if it was strange for a man to expose himself in front of his young daughter, alone.

*shrug*

Old 25-02-2010, 05:17 AM   #6
Gofeen

I remember when my friends daughter was 3 and she went into her parents room when they were "busy". you know --- and all she said was Mummy why have you got no clothes on? I don't remember the answer she got.I think what the man did is o.k. if that's the way it is in that family and the little girl is used to it but i do think covering just his private parts was not a good idea, - might make her think it is something to be ashamed or scared off. My dad did a similar sort of thing when I was little and without going intodetzils it scared the hell out offf me and has left long lasting problems for me. Personally I would let no one see me naked except a doctor or nurse. It would be to scarey for them. I do have to ask, pease tell me how you know this? Were you a fly on the wall or peeking through the windows? I have this funny picure in my head.

Gofeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2010, 06:25 AM   #7
moonlet
Natalie.

I am currently:

@ Morrigan - Well, he kind of is exposing himself. I agree there's nothing wrong with nakedness, but this is a different kind of situation, I think. He's not only naked in the mornings, he's going into his daughters room without putting anything on (which he hasn't done before). That's why I found it odd.

@ Goreen - The thing is it's not that way in the family. There has always been privacy and he has never done anything like that before. I know this because he's my boyfriend... I didn't want to say that at first, I don't know why. we've been together three years and like I said he's always been careful to cover up with something. It just really shocked me because he's not like that usually, and he thought I was sleeping but I got up and walked in and he jumped. I'm sure it's nothing, it was just so different than anything before and made my stomach knot. I think I was concerned because a few nights before this I had a really disturbing dream about him and his daughter. I mean I'm sure it's nothing and I'm reading too much into it, but I didn't know what to think so I just thought I'd ask here.

Edit: Also, he's only private with his daughter. Him and I walk around naked and sleep together naked all the time. But since his daughter is young he has covered up before this time.

Last edited by moonlet : 26-02-2010 at 06:27 AM. Reason: adding something.
Old 26-02-2010, 08:29 AM   #8
Gofeen

mmm. not sure now. Maybe ask him about it> Maybe he just got up and forgot to put something on or maybe your radar is picking something up? I would speak to him about it and just keep an eye on things. Does his daughter seem well adjusted?

Gofeen is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)