Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 27-10-2008, 12:21 AM   #1581
gina

I am currently:

1 Corinthians 3:16 - 17
"Dont you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's spirit lives in you?if anyone destroys God's temple God will destroy him; for God's temple is sacred and you are that temple"

this came up in Church today and has been troubling me ever since.
I didnt have the guts to discuss it with anyone there, although I want to.
any opinions? I am particularly concerned about the implications as to SI and so on..

lots of love
xxx

gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2008, 01:41 AM   #1582
Freedom Fighter

I just got back from one of the most awsome worship services my youth group has ever had. It was mind blowing.

Then wear the gold hat, if that will move her;
If you can bounce high, bounce for her too,
Till she cry "Lover, gold-hatted, high-bouncing lover,
I must have you!"

Thomas Parke D’Invilliers

Freedom Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2008, 02:38 AM   #1583
Dissident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salanna View Post
Or perhaps you could find a wednesday night service to go to...
yeah I totally agree. I'm going to do my best to get closer to God in the coming week, and hopefully he will understand my foibles and I can go to church next week and things will be alright.

You know...I have been praying most days and it was so awesome - this morning - I woke up and just felt so content, motivated and fulfilled by God. It's really odd for me to feel this positive. Brilliant through :) God bless.

"How can I stand here
how can I stand here before you
Take what I have, take these broken remains"

Lightnings of so clear a splendor...

Dissident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2008, 04:20 AM   #1584
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

Gina~ i actually really like that passage. such a powerful warning to not harm yourself... In a way God destroyed me... He removed every good thing from my life, knocked me to the ground... but when I turned away from that sin, He built me back up in His love.

SI free solely by the grace of God!
August 2, 2007

healingraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2008, 06:01 AM   #1585
river's_dream

I am currently:

NOt sure if this goes in here but seems to fit kinda. I'm just frusterated today at church I was talking to a lady about my dream to work in a church and help the kids who slip through the cracks. FIgured it would be fine cause this year one of the big themes on campus is self-injury awarness (and they're being remarkable open for a Bible college). YEt this women essentiely told me i was wasted my time cause there are "none of those kids in the church". THis makes me so mad and makes me question my place within the church here which is stupid cause they've been so amazingly supportive. It just frightens me how much one negative answer with conviction shakes me. Am i being stupid . . . again?

river's_dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2008, 07:22 AM   #1586
gina

I am currently:

what came up at church was the idea of you as a plural, as a group....but I got a bit upset because to me it seems to mean you yourself, each one of us.....its beautiful, but really scares me.....what are we meant to do?

gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2008, 08:50 AM   #1587
squiggles

I am currently:

Hi All,
Ok, second version. I don't know how to say this. I am really struggling. I want to cut, I really really want to cut. Oh, help me.
I was doing so well, I've not cut for 5 months (wow, is it really that long). I gave my life to the Lord and I've been SH free ever since, why am I being tempted now?
Ahhhh, please pray for me. I am struggling to cope and I need help.
Liz

squiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2008, 11:40 AM   #1588
Freedom Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by river's_dream View Post
NOt sure if this goes in here but seems to fit kinda. I'm just frusterated today at church I was talking to a lady about my dream to work in a church and help the kids who slip through the cracks. FIgured it would be fine cause this year one of the big themes on campus is self-injury awarness (and they're being remarkable open for a Bible college). YEt this women essentiely told me i was wasted my time cause there are "none of those kids in the church". THis makes me so mad and makes me question my place within the church here which is stupid cause they've been so amazingly supportive. It just frightens me how much one negative answer with conviction shakes me. Am i being stupid . . . again?
you are NOT being stupid i want to do the same thing. there are so many people that fall through the cracks not just self harmers. most churches do go looking for the hurting but thats what they need to do

Quote:
the church that reaches the people that no one else reaces is the church that will do what no one else will do.

I must have you!"

Old 27-10-2008, 07:37 PM   #1589
aquatickitten

I am currently:

river's dream: you are definitely not being stupid! if anyone is being stupid, it's all the people in churches who deny the existence of christians with problems. that's a little thing called hypocrisy...everyone has problems. current statistics say that the percentage of christian teens who SI is no different from the percentage of teenages in general. you are DEFINITELY not wasting your time, our churches badly need that kind of ministry. Look at what Jesus said..."Healthy people don't need a physician, but sick ones do. I did not come to call righteous people, but sinners." (Mark 2:17). If this lady thinks everyone who goes to church is perfect, well, then the religious teachers of our day don't appear to have changed much since Jesus' time.

Liz: hang in there. life doesn't get easier just because you become a christian...actually, it gets harder, which you'll see in time. yeah, things are usually great at first...which gives you a chance to learn about God and develop your faith, so when the time comes to get out in the real world, you're ready. you haven't done anything wrong, and God hasn't left you. maybe it will help to say that you're being attacked because someone sees you as a threat...;) like a backward compliment, almost. you can do it! and we're all right here with you if you need us.

Gina: I really love that verse. I think it can sound kind of scary, to someone who has an image of an angry, wrathful God in the back of their mind somewhere (most of us) but you need to remember that God never stops loving us or wanting what's best for us. I would suggest reading isaiah chapter 1, if you're looking for a better description of how God gets angry. for so many of us, we just can't concieve of someone being angry at us without wanting to hurt us or punish us because of that anger...and that's scary. but when god punishes us, he does it out of love. to see an example of that, you can look in hosea. PLEASE read hosea chapter 2. It's short, it won't take very long, but it is a great example of God's love in his anger.
Now, why I love this verse...:)
It is sin to deface God's image...and we are made in God's image. Even more so as Christians, because God's spirit dwells in us. So, Christian life involves caring for both the soul AND body. SI is forbidden because it defaces the image of God...and while that sounds scary, it is also beautiful and awe-inspiring because it tells us a little bit about what God sees when he looks at us. Even if you have been told your entire life that you are trash, worthless...this verse shows that that's not true. Not only does God NOT think that ANYONE is worthless...but, he places such worth on us that he takes the violation of what he created us to be very seriously (even when it's us doing it). (you can find more of this in matthew 5, where jesus tells us that what we do to "the least of these", we do to him.) honestly, if he didn't take it so seriously, i wouldn't be convinced that we did really matter to him...like a parent that doesn't care if their child does well in school or gets addicted to drugs...the lengths God will go to so that we can have the best of all relationships with him show his amazing love, because he won't be satisfied with anything but the best for us.

And in Hosea 2, after the wife has everything taken from her, we see the beauty of God's promise of restoration...

“But then I will win her back once again.
I will lead her into the desert
and speak tenderly to her there.
15 I will return her vineyards to her
and transform the Valley of Trouble[b] into a gateway of hope.
She will give herself to me there,
as she did long ago when she was young,
when I freed her from her captivity in Egypt.
16 When that day comes,” says the Lord,
“you will call me ‘my husband’
instead of ‘my master.’[c]
17 O Israel, I will wipe the many names of Baal from your lips,
and you will never mention them again.
18 On that day I will make a covenant
with all the wild animals and the birds of the sky
and the animals that scurry along the ground
so they will not harm you.
I will remove all weapons of war from the land,
all swords and bows,
so you can live unafraid
in peace and safety.
19 I will make you my wife forever,
showing you righteousness and justice,
unfailing love and compassion.
20 I will be faithful to you and make you mine,
and you will finally know me as the Lord."

aquatickitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2008, 08:46 PM   #1590
rustedchains
she's a question without answers

I am currently:

Today is one of those days I just want to give up. Just living is taking every bit of effort out of me. I'm struggling to stay awake. I'm struggling to keep fighting.

"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place." - Anon

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. " - FDR

rustedchains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2008, 09:52 PM   #1591
Freedom Fighter

Hugs to rusty and squiggles

I must have you!"

Old 27-10-2008, 11:01 PM   #1592
silentdancer
forever's gonna start tonight

I am currently:

hey..im not really sure if this belongs here, somif it doesnt im sorry.

well...i was raised in a christian household but never gave myself up to the lord myself. this year iv moved away from home and so have not felt like my parents were pushing religion down my throat.
and recently...well i think i can feel god's presence in my life...im confused, i dont know how to explain what iv been feeling, but its making me want to go to church next sunday...and i might go down to the library later and have a look through the bible they have there

i dont know what i want really...just...pray for me?

silentdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2008, 01:13 AM   #1593
dazedandconfused

I am currently:

praying for you all :)
umm...i really don't know why but i've been especially struggling lately...its so random..its a bunch of stuff that i haven't thought about or let bother me in forever and its like just in the past couple days i've been really really tempted and attacked...its horrible and i don't really know whats going on...i could really use some prayer? thank you guys....

Love so amazing, so divine
demands my soul, my life, my all. =)

dazedandconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2008, 01:16 AM   #1594
aquatickitten

I am currently:

praying for all of you.

:sighs: i'm really stressed about next semester's schedule, and I can't seem to figure out what to do...so add me to the list =] we can all just...pray for each other. at the same time. lol, this seems a little silly :)
love you guys. hang in there.

aquatickitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2008, 08:19 AM   #1595
Angel_Girl
Polar Bear - you people are melting MY ICE!

I am currently:

Praying for everyone.

Tom: Thanks for adding me on Facebook.:D

God made sure we'd meet.

Angel_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2008, 08:43 AM   #1596
squiggles

I am currently:

Thanks guys. I'm having a better day today. I feel like I have huge "L" plates on in my Christian walk right now. I have so much to learn. God is a patient teacher though, last night I was reading and he was there, just guiding me to the right passages for comfort.
Anyway may God bless your day and I pray that he be with us all, giving his love an comfort to those in need and His strength against the enemy.
God Bless.
Liz

squiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2008, 09:29 AM   #1597
flames_of_pain
anything but ordinairy...

I am currently:
i'm back

hi everyone
its been ages sice i posted. *pokes head in* am i allowed in still?
I thought i was doing better. Obviously not...
The devil loves me and Jesus hates me, I want to go to havean
*cries in a dark corner*

is this world real? or am I just fake?

flames_of_pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2008, 11:14 AM   #1598
Freedom Fighter

we love anyone who decides to come

wow lots of new (and old) people

I must have you!"

Old 28-10-2008, 12:04 PM   #1599
pineapple016

hey guys everyone seems to be having a tough time atm but it's really cool that everyone prays for each other.

squiggles: I haven't met a Christian who doesn't feel the same way! I realised this morning that i know so little about the bible even though i've read quite a lot of it. No one can ever know it all (apart from God) we are all learning new stuff everyday and that's what's so great about God, he's so awesome you could spend a lifetime studying him and still only know a fraction of him but he loves that you want to know more!

flames_of_pain: Jesus loves you, he really really does and not only that he actually likes you. It's one of the hardest concepts to grasp as a Christian self harmer but God actually likes you, he wants to know you, he doesn't have to, he wants to. I'm praying that Jesus'll reveal his love to you and you can see how much you mean to him.

'The nights of crying your eyes out give way to the days of laughter' Psalm 30 v 5

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by
and that has made all the difference.
'The Road Not Taken' by Robert Frost

But what's the point of this armour,
if it keeps the love away too?

pineapple016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2008, 06:14 PM   #1600
tamobhuuta

I am currently:

what do you guys think of this sonnet?

By John Donne.

As due by many titles I resign
My self to Thee, O God; first I was made
By Thee, and for Thee, and when I was decayed
Thy blood bought that, the which before was Thine;
I am Thy son, made with Thy Self to shine,
Thy servant, whose pains Thou hast still repaid,
Thy sheep, thine image, and, till I betrayed
My self, a temple of Thy Spirit divine;
Why doth the devil then usurp on me?
Why doth he steal, nay ravish that's thy right?
Except thou rise and for thine own work fight,
Oh I shall soon despair, when I do see
That thou lov'st mankind well, yet wilt not choose me,
And Satan hates me, yet is loth to lose me.

Last edited by tamo >bhūtā : 28-10-2008 at 11:24 PM.

with Christ I hang upon the cross

tamobhuuta is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)