Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 07-02-2018, 11:32 PM   #53301
HopeRises

Me too Katie. Can you sleep soon? How has your day been?

Life can be beautiful if you let it.
Step back, breathe and take it in

HopeRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 07:27 AM   #53302
Entropy

I am currently:

Hi everyone - I survived until half term!

How are you doing?

"this is the room where you don't have to be brave"

Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 10:44 AM   #53303
Juniperi

Hello, how are you all? Sorry I haven't been around. I've been away for a bit. Hope you're all well. Sending love <3 <3 <3

Juniperi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 11:29 AM   #53304
HopeRises

Yay for surviving. Are you doing anything nice over half term?

Hey Jill, how are you? Did you go anywhere nice? Thank you for my birthday card btw.

I'm sooooo cold. Wrapped up in layers and blankets..Park run and cold doesn't mix well haha.

Old 10-02-2018, 03:42 PM   #53305
Entropy

I am currently:

Hi Jill, how are you doing lovely?

Hope you get warm soon Leigh, I’m impressed with anyone that can do the park run to be fair!

I’m just going to stay with parents for a few days then doing some work and that’s about it really for half term.

Anyone doing anything nice this weekend?

Old 11-02-2018, 03:15 PM   #53306
HopeRises

Ahh I hope you enjoy it. I went bowling and Pizza Hut last night,.devestated at how disappointing ice cream factory is now. Today I went shopping with mum for my interview on Thursday and now just trying to chill. Will do some work later.

What do you guys do when you end up in a relationship with someone who needs to message you loads and talk to you everyday? I really like this guy like I can see us going somewhere but I feel like I can't breath..maybe because I'm used to being so single and not having that contact with people but also because it is a bit much. Idk what to do about it without ending it.

Old 11-02-2018, 07:56 PM   #53307
tiptoes
Forum Mod

I am currently:

I would try to hold back my replies a bit, try leaving it 10-15 minutes before replying or if they are still quite insistent message them with excuse as to why you can't reply until later in the day/or the next day - e.g. just working on a essay, on the phone etc in order to see whether they moderate their behaviour. It is easy to get into a cycle of reply straight away and then it looks like you are as eager as the other party. How they respond might give you an idea of how needy they are. Then I'd talk to them about what was overbearing.

In my dreams I slew the dragon

tiptoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 08:14 PM   #53308
HopeRises

yeah I tried that. I never tend to reply straight away. I'v basically just said I'm doing uni work and he was messaging every few minutes with "how is it going" and things like that and then are you ok because I haven't replied. I just said I'm tired and need quiet to concerntrate and he still replied :Pinch: oh well. I don't understand the need to be in a conversation almost all of the waking hours. I get that he's probably bored. He's wheelchair bound and so probably doesn't do much when at home but yeh. idk.

How are you doing Sarah?

Old 11-02-2018, 08:22 PM   #53309
tiptoes
Forum Mod

I am currently:

I'm ok thank you, how are you doing?

I think maybe then it is time to speak to him about some boundaries. The working one might be a good one to start with - explain how it would be more helpful of him to give you some space and not provide another distraction and wait until you contact him!

Old 11-02-2018, 08:42 PM   #53310
HopeRises

yeah, your right. I need to work out a way to do that. I think, the whole thing is a bit new (well, its been awhile since I've properly been seeing someone anyway) and I'm scared to upset him..at the same time if he is constantly messaging me it isn't going to work.

I'm alright, just super tired. Got a busy week ahead of me and I think thats making me more tired just thinking about it. How has your weekend been?

Old 11-02-2018, 08:58 PM   #53311
tiptoes
Forum Mod

I am currently:

You might be scared to upset but it is going to go nowhere if he ends up pissing you off so upsetting him in the short term isn't as bad! At the start it is all about learning how one another works it takes a bit of time to get into habits and also making sure you don't get into bad habits that you don't really like! I'd try to end the conversation focusing on preferred frequencies of contact so that it ends on a positive and he knows where he stands.

I know what you mean!

It's been a busy weekend, mostly just doing chores though :( I've got a Friday feeling this evening and keep getting sad when I realise it is Sunday! haha!

Old 11-02-2018, 10:58 PM   #53312
Aubergine
You've got this.

I am currently:

I think Sarah has wise words, Leigh. :)

How're you doing, everyone?

“Our defeats are softened and our victories are sweetened because we did it together.” - Toby Ziegler.

This isn't everything you are.

Aubergine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 11:02 PM   #53313
Entropy

I am currently:

Aw I haven’t been bowling or to Pizza Hut in aaages Leigh!
I think you should communicate clearly with him about what you need from the rwlationshigp because if he doesn’t fully understand how much it’s affecting you then he won’t know how to change. It is probably a situation where you need tic be clear with each other what you both want then make a plan that will work for both of you?

I’ve been on the receiving end of a relationship with a partner who contacted me constantly and (not saying he’s like this) the relationship very quickly became totally controlling and I needed to be on the end of the phone at all times and wasn’t allowed to do a lot of stuff.
At the same time, I know how it feels to be on the other side and feel anxiety connected with needing the other person too. But if it is just boredom like you suspect then perhaps you can discover what he did to keep occupied before e was messaging you all the time or help him come up with some ideas?

It’s a shame it’s Sunday Sarah - I’m sure this weekend has been extra quick!

Old 11-02-2018, 11:02 PM   #53314
Entropy

I am currently:

Ohh njnja ducky hello how are you??

Old 11-02-2018, 11:05 PM   #53315
Aubergine
You've got this.

I am currently:

Hey Katie. How're you doing?

I'm OK thanks. :) Really OK. Not anxious or being all mental and erratic. :)

“Our defeats are softened and our victories are sweetened because we did it together.” - Toby Ziegler.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:10 PM   #53316
Entropy

I am currently:

Oh I’m very glad to hear it ducky that’s good news :)

I’m going to get my life under control. Really and truly I am.

I’m exhausted and scared but I’m also optimistic and ready to fight again.
I’m just terrified that I won’t be able to make it work and I’ll let everyone down.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:15 PM   #53317
Aubergine
You've got this.

I am currently:

Thanks. :) It's such a relief. :)

I know you're trying. You're trying really hard. How's it going with the new stationery? I'm glad you've got your fight back. Well done. :) You really can do this. It's exhausting, but you can beat this. You won't let anyone down. You're trying your best, and that's all anyone can ever ask of you.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:19 PM   #53318
Entropy

I am currently:

Thank you <3
All the new post it’s and rubby out pens are getting out to good use in my diary and it is helping me psychologically a lot. I feel ready to fight like I have the ability to keep the situations under control as long as I can stay calm and write things down then everything will be okay if I can just follow the plan. I don’t have enough hours in the day to follow the plan yet but I’m working on that too. Not changing time obviously, that would be super cool but I can’t do that yet. I mean I’m trying to get quicker and doing tasks that usually take me too long. Often I take a long time being indecisive or worrying, I am trying to stop that.

Do you have any nice plans this week?

Old 11-02-2018, 11:27 PM   #53319
Aubergine
You've got this.

I am currently:

I'm glad that the stuff you got is helping. :) That's great, and all credit to you for giving it a go. Changing time would be cool! I can understand things taking longer because of worrying or being indecisive. It's difficult, but I'm sure your decision making skills will improve the more you feel like things are under control.

I'm working tomorrow, Tuesday and Friday. Tomorrow I'm meeting my Mum for brunch before work. :) Then going for coffee with my Uncle after work. Got my friend coming round for dinner on Wednesday evening - she's my valentine's date (well, neither of us have got an actual date and we didn't even realise that it's valentine's day when we arranged it haha.) :)

How about you?

Old 12-02-2018, 08:37 AM   #53320
Entropy

I am currently:

It sounds like you have some nice social plans over the next few days :)
It’s half term so I’m staying with my parents and catching up with my friend today then getting my hair done tomorrow and heading back up north Wednesday morning. Jenna and I are ordering pizza and playing board games for Valentine’s Day because that’s just how we roll <3
I have quite a lot of work and life admin to catch up on between that but also need to balance rest. I can do it :)
Enjoy your brunch!!

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)