RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 21-06-2013, 04:30 PM   #1
TiredofTheDrama
Britt-Just Another Cutter

I am currently:
Wound Care Question - I cut kinda deep...

and I have no clue how to clean it. Do I use peroxide or alchohol or what? Thankfully the bleeding stopped...it is on my wrist.

Old 21-06-2013, 04:42 PM   #2
TimesLikeThese

You can use alcohol wipes, or clean water (with a mild antibacterial soap) with sterile gauze/swabs. Remember to wash your hands with antibacterial soap before and after dealing with your wound, and make sure it is dressed using a sterile gauze/bandage/dressing to prevent infection. You may find it useful to read the Wound Care Guide on the main site.

Old 21-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #3
TiredofTheDrama
Britt-Just Another Cutter

I am currently:

Oh, thank you! I'll do that now, I don't want it infected! ><

Old 23-06-2013, 10:20 PM   #4
Leo Pard
Flem Fatale

I am currently:

No. Do not use anything with alcohol in it. Alcohol is bad as it kills all the healing cells. Use sterile saline or running water only.
When you have washed it in this way, pat it dry with a clean towel and apply a suitable, clean, dry dressing. You may use a film of antiseptic cream on the dressing if neede but do not touch it, use the end of the tube to apply it to the dressing (not direcetly to the wound).
If it's gaping more than 0.5cm (I believe) or you can see yellow bubbles, go to A & E or a minor injuries unit.

The world is just illusion always trying to change me.
You will find wonder wherever you can, and spread joy whenever you are able.

I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, divide within me. - Frankenstein.

Old 26-06-2013, 11:01 PM   #5
Celticroots

I am currently:
No to alcohol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flem Fatale View Post
No. Do not use anything with alcohol in it. Alcohol is bad as it kills all the healing cells. Use sterile saline or running water only.
When you have washed it in this way, pat it dry with a clean towel and apply a suitable, clean, dry dressing. You may use a film of antiseptic cream on the dressing if neede but do not touch it, use the end of the tube to apply it to the dressing (not direcetly to the wound).
If it's gaping more than 0.5cm (I believe) or you can see yellow bubbles, go to A & E or a minor injuries unit.
Nothing with alcohol. Water or saline rinse should be fine.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)