RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 22-07-2011, 08:59 PM   #1
*Stars_above*
**..**Stars**..**

I am currently:
Love,hugs,support for strawberry.cola (sammie)

Please can we show some support for sammie, hugs,love, anything to show we care, she's so ill at the moment her bmi is so low. she needs to be in IP or hospital, please help me help her see how ill and unwell she really is.

Last edited by *Stars_above* : 29-09-2011 at 08:00 AM.
*Stars_above* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2011, 11:25 PM   #2
nowhereman

I am currently:

Hey sweetie, please let them help you, I don't want to lose you from this site, I'm scared now. I'm sure you can get better, keep fighting, I'm here if you need someone to be *hugs and hello kittys*

nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 12:18 AM   #3
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

I do'nt think there is anything we can say that hasn't already been said to help her see she is ill.

Her doctors will take her in and stabalize her, then I think it is up to professionally trained people to work with her in therapy.

All we can do is offer support which we are. But I think it's unfair to ask people to try and 'convince' Sammi she is ill, and I also think it's unfair to post about her bmi in that way as, even without numbers, if can be very upsetting for members to read and it is unnecessary. =/

I don't know if it's just me but I'm getting a bit tired of the same old circle of 'oh my gosh my bmi is emaciated but I don't want help' Then members trying to convince otherwise and then OP/member in question doesn't reply/simply ignores helpful healthy-based suggestions. Then a while later a new post with similar triggering phrases designed just for manipulation and attention.
Most of the time with posts in the ED board, there is no need to say 'bmi is emaciated/close to death/critical' or anything like that. It's only relevant in the first aid board, and even then the phrase 'my bmi is underweight' or 'i have anorexia' is enough to tell us that your body isn't healthy. There is not need, other than straight out manipulation and attention seeking, to use the phrases I've seen around here recently.

Imperfection is underrated.

Bellatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 01:57 AM   #4
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

I agree with Jodie, I found this post & the other thread made by sammi very upsetting, there is absuloutly no need to say 'my bmi is so low I should be dead.' etc.

I hope you get the help you desperatly need though & I'm thinking of you.

EyelinerAndCigarettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 02:19 AM   #5
Paper.Stars
This Member is currently Banned

I am currently:

Agreed, Jodie

Paper.Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 03:48 AM   #6
FragileWings

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeaCulpa View Post
I do'nt think there is anything we can say that hasn't already been said to help her see she is ill.

Her doctors will take her in and stabalize her, then I think it is up to professionally trained people to work with her in therapy.

All we can do is offer support which we are. But I think it's unfair to ask people to try and 'convince' Sammi she is ill, and I also think it's unfair to post about her bmi in that way as, even without numbers, if can be very upsetting for members to read and it is unnecessary. =/

I don't know if it's just me but I'm getting a bit tired of the same old circle of 'oh my gosh my bmi is emaciated but I don't want help' Then members trying to convince otherwise and then OP/member in question doesn't reply/simply ignores helpful healthy-based suggestions. Then a while later a new post with similar triggering phrases designed just for manipulation and attention.
Most of the time with posts in the ED board, there is no need to say 'bmi is emaciated/close to death/critical' or anything like that. It's only relevant in the first aid board, and even then the phrase 'my bmi is underweight' or 'i have anorexia' is enough to tell us that your body isn't healthy. There is not need, other than straight out manipulation and attention seeking, to use the phrases I've seen around here recently.
I actually find it very offensive that you blame everything on this site on sam. especially when I read helens thread and your very supportive of her. would you like to feel worthless and hopeless on this site and life? because that os exactly what your making sam feel. and don't. say you haven't done it yourself because you probably have.
your acting as though sam can't ask for support anymore. does that help her? no does that help her to give hope in asking. for help in the future? no. id appreciate it if you would stop belittling her.

oh and if you have a problem with posts, report it. that's what its there for. rather than bitching about it and making people feel bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyelinerAndCigarettes View Post
I agree with Jodie, I found this post & the other thread made by sammi very upsetting, there is absuloutly no need to say 'my bmi is so low I should be dead.' etc.

I hope you get the help you desperatly need though & I'm thinking of you.
helen id also appreciate it if you could re read your threads, and stop being a hypocrite.

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." - W. Gibson.

FragileWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 05:00 AM   #7
All I know is falling.

Uhh. I don't think Jodie was saying Sammie couldn't ask for help, it's just very triggering and competitive for other members to read things saying "Oh, my BMI is so low, I could die at any minute." That is not a nice thing for other members to read, nor is pointing that out helpful for Sammie. There's not even a reason to add that in, we all know how ill she is.

Now, back to the point of this thread, like Jodie said, I don't think there's any way we're going to convince you that you're ill enough and need this help. You have to decide that you want and deserve and need this help and accept the fact you'll never think you're ill enough. You need to really think what you want out of life, and if you decide you want to live, you need to work towards recovery and give it your all.

All I know is falling. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 08:52 AM   #8
ASkatersDream...

I am currently:

Sammie you can do this hun. accept the help you can do this xx

I dont think on a support thread like this bitching about someones bmi is necessary take it up with mods if you have a problem not on a support thread.

sammie you can do this x

Believe <3

ASkatersDream... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 09:09 AM   #9
UnanimousAnonymous

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InstantDeath View Post
I actually find it very offensive that you blame everything on this site on sam. especially when I read helens thread and your very supportive of her. would you like to feel worthless and hopeless on this site and life? because that os exactly what your making sam feel. and don't. say you haven't done it yourself because you probably have.
your acting as though sam can't ask for support anymore. does that help her? no does that help her to give hope in asking. for help in the future? no. id appreciate it if you would stop belittling her.

oh and if you have a problem with posts, report it. that's what its there for. rather than bitching about it and making people feel bad.

helen id also appreciate it if you could re read your threads, and stop being a hypocrite.

Wow. i think you need to read back through Jodies post, its not saying Sammi cant ask for support, its just we have been here many times before. Just a few days ago i was reading a thread Sammi had made asking for support and now yet another one has appeared and all we are going to say is the same stuff we have said previously.
There really is no need to be using triggering phrases such as 'BMI is near death' because we know Sammi is ill and knowing this information isnt going to help in any way.Because it is said so often, it does sound like its being said for attention (just my opinion! sorry if its harsh)
Sammi knows that she can get support here, she has always been welcome on this site over the years and she knows that sometimes we will be blunt - its tough love im afraid!
Take the help offered to you Sam, throw yourself into recovery and try your hardest.

UnanimousAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 09:20 AM   #10
UnanimousAnonymous

I am currently:

Really, no need to be rude. Yes there are people who post umpteen threads about near enough the same thing and Sammi is included in that, she is not the only one i know. All we are saying is:

'WHAT CAN WE SAY THAT HASNT BEEN SAID ALREADY?'

I can send *hug* *love* *support* but what is that going to do? I can offer the same advice i have given but its going to fall on deaf ears again. Sammi knows what she needs to do, we have offered her support with that. We are here for Sammi and have been for years.
When you've been saying the same thing for years, its hard to have patience.

No need to start swearing and being rude, yes we are being harsh but we've tried softly softly and it doesnt work.

Old 23-07-2011, 09:31 AM   #11
UnanimousAnonymous

I am currently:

Favourites!? dont get me started on favourites! And we have done plenty of nice things for Sammi, maybe in a few years she will look back and be thankful for the no nonsence replies. It hurts when you first hear it but thats because its true.

I am leaving this thread now, its up to you if you delete this but how is it going to help Sammi? Best to be honest i think.

Old 23-07-2011, 10:44 AM   #12
Sleepless123

I am currently:

Hey guys

i think we should all take a deep breathe and calm down [very much including me] having read this.

i dont want to make any other comment on yet another thread which has turned on RYL and specially the ED board into a debate of some type.i do think people should report threads they arent happy with so the mods can deal with any though as clearly people arent happy with what a variety of people post [including perhaps me and thats ok]

Sammi i love you.i do know your BMI and whether i consider that or not you are very ill right now.You do need support, love and hugs.i have spoken to your team about my concerns as i was getting so worried and i think they agree you are indeed very ill and close to death [although they couldnt say such words due to confidentiality] but they have also re-assured me they will and are doing everything they can for you.Please try and continue to work with them.They also say you are aware of all the current options available but i really hope there will be more available to you after when you next see your EDU.

i will always be here to support you no matter what.As i will try to be for all my friends.i know some dont agree with my approach and think i dont give enough tough love but thats just me.

i think you do need some tough love right now potentially to keep you alive but i hope your team will do that by how they will deal with this if you continue to struggle so much.And your ED continues to take you over and threaten your life and cloud your judgement regarding your recovery.i hope your team take that action very soon.

im sad this thread has turned into a debate again as i know you were already finding it so hard to post but please try and listen at least to how concierned people are.i think partly there is so much debate because nobody wants anything to happen to anyone on this site and you are very close to it right now.

Forever overweight - i know people are getting frustrated but i dont think personally think you were wrong to make this thread at all.Where you know someones life in the balance what else can you do - you HAVE to try and i think you were very brave.i realise there may not be much new people can say but i believe you are very concerned and have the best of intent towards Sammi.

ive tried to write a balanced post here which wont upset people cos i can see all sides but i do know Sammi is obviously very ill as do we all.i am sorry if i have upset anybody at all including you Sam.Cos i love you ALL and i know you all mean well.

i think you do need love and hugs right now Sammi a lot but i do also think you need people to be honest with you maybe because your ED is so strong and damaging you so much it may take that for you to be able to get better.Regarding posts that people are not happy with as i think i said earlier i really would encourage people to report.

xx xx

Last edited by Sleepless123 : 23-07-2011 at 10:55 AM. Reason: To add/change a bit

i do not always manage to be around but i wish you all the very best - love and luck to you all!

Sleepless123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 11:14 AM   #13
xjessx

I am currently:

I hope you get better Sammie, Recovery is always possible!!

""please try and listen at least to how concierned people are.i think partly there is so much debate because nobody wants anything to happen to anyone on this site and you are very close to it right now""

Totally agree with what sleepless 123 said, i think people are upset because on the other post everyone offered a ton of support but it felt like it went to deaf ears and that makes people upset because they feel like they are trying but cant seem to help and is stressfull

Take care xxx

xjessx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 12:37 PM   #14
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

Sam knows I love her very much.
I was only pointing out that I found that term of frase very distressing & triggering.
I just hope to god she listens to her team & a bed at the EDU hurries up, BMI low or not, she needs it.

x

EyelinerAndCigarettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 12:46 PM   #15
Sleepless123

I am currently:

Hey Hel i hope it wasnt my post you took that way.i know we all love Sam especially you!i think thats why theres so much concern and debate.i agree you need a bed Sam regardless of BMI and i hope you get it soon and that your team are able to help reduce ED's grip on you somehow.Love you all.xx xx

i do not always manage to be around but i wish you all the very best - love and luck to you all!

Sleepless123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 12:58 PM   #16
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

I wasn't directing at anyone in particular.

And I only mentioned it here because I felt there was nothing I could say to sammi bar 'have a hug' which is not productive becasue she has ignored all my other previous suggestions of help

Imperfection is underrated.

Bellatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 01:17 PM   #17
ASkatersDream...

I am currently:

Jodie - Forum and community questions...

Sammie you know i'll write i said so earlier. Engage with the team sweet and take care xxx
You CAN do this x

Believe <3

ASkatersDream... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 05:08 PM   #18
Hann

I am currently:

i have no idea what the other thread was about as i haven't read it so i'm commenting only on this post.

Sammie there are lots of people on here who care about you. i hope you find the strength to get through this because i've got a feeling you've got a lot to give... don't fade away before you've had chance to shine x x

Hann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 06:48 PM   #19
NeverBetter
dont worry ;it only hurts when i breathe

I am currently:

*massive hugs*
hope ur okay sweetie just rember your very special to lots of people and everyone cares about you , keep fighting xxxxxxx

young girl its alright your tears will soon dry your soon be free to fly

she's falling from grace , she's all over the place..............

NeverBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 09:58 PM   #20
Sunshine
This girl just cant take it anymore

I am currently:

spammy, you know i love you and you know i think you really need to work hard to get better and accept the help offered to you especially when you end up in hospital. you need to commit to treatment and get the help offered because if dont want you to die! you say you are worried about loosing me as a friend but the only way you will do that is if you die and after what happened yesterday that could happen! but tbh there is nothing anyone can say to make you get better you have to work for it and want to do it for yourself which i understand is scary and terrifying but there has to come a point in your life when you decide to change and if it isnt soon then when it actually happens they might not give you funding and you might not get the help you need so might have to do it by yourself! and dont get me wrong and im not saying you dont want to get better im just saying you have to REALLY want to! its difficult but you need to find out the reasons behind your anorexcia so you can start to work on them and get to the root of it once and for all.

but anyways i looove youu and always will

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My Angels
Madeline 09/02/1990
Edward 10/02/1990

I want to live, not merely survive

Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)