RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 23-05-2012, 02:42 AM   #1001
little.ophelia

*sprinkles hero glitter on Lana*

Today I actually contemplated making a legit plan to help me eat at least some while I'm away this summer.

little.ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2012, 03:29 AM   #1002
Unbreakable.
Proud member of the BBH

I am currently:

Ilana, I am so proud of you for considering being heroic over the summer <3

And thanks for the glitter :)

The sun.

The moon.

The truth.

Unbreakable. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2012, 05:02 AM   #1003
crazykat
Fight for another day

Well done, you are all doing amazing

"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."

crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2012, 07:57 AM   #1004
high.hopes
Kia!

I am currently:

Well done Lana and Ilana!
(I hope that's right!!)

<3

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears. And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears...

high.hopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #1005
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Lanabanana- hooray for not engaging in ALL the naughty plans. *awards shiny sticker*. Also, I note with dismay your lack of avatar and signature, as this normally means srs bsns. Here if you want to talk, ok?
Laura- Hooray for your new job! I hope it's going fabulously; I shall ask you ALL about it when I see you tomorrow :)

Kia- well done for doing all three of your exams, that's really great <3 Also, hooray for successful driving! Let me know if you ever end up on the dual carriageway at the cock 'o' the north roundabout; it's ALL the scary. *flids*
Alex- Congratulations for ringing the taxi people in the end and also for taking the initiative to go get your craziness assessed! Best of luck with it :)

SilentBoy- sssshhhhhh. Well done for going back to work; I hope it's going ok?
Claire-Rose- well done for purchasing sharp things for legit reasons and not doing non-legit things! I'm glad you had a nice walk on the beach.

Conor- Well done for trying. I know it didn't work out, but you tried and that counts for an awful lot.
Ilanabanana- yayyyyyyy. I like that you are planning a plan :) I will help!

In Jenna news, I rang the ED people to frown at them for cancelling my appointment and not giving me a new one. Clearly it's because I'm ALL the fat and I don't need any help, but I decided to be Mature and Sensible and ring up.

We may not see eye to eye, but we can respect each other's opinions and find the truth in them.
Perhaps in those honest conversations, instead of demonising each other,
we might see each other as imperfect humans, doing our best. ~ Jodi Picoult

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2012, 02:29 PM   #1006
Unbreakable.
Proud member of the BBH

I am currently:

Jennaaaa- well done for calling! They are being really silly, I might call them and threat them with a German invasion or something <3
Also: the awkward moment when crazy people know you too well :S I'm not too bad, just a little spazzy. I'll get over it. But thanks for asking <3

Unbreakable. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #1007
Petrichor
No Sylvia Plath

I am currently:

Jenna, well done for making that call! It's really important foryouto get the help you need. I'm choosing to ignore the ALL the fat coment as simply not true. :)

And yet, by heaven, I think my love as rare,
As any she belied with false compare.

There she was. Gone.

Petrichor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #1008
Scaredy-cat
I am the very model of a modern major general

I am currently:

Thank you everyone, and you are all amazing!!

My assessment just got moved to a much better time, so i can be even more heroic than before! Also, instead of doing ALL the revision procrastination, i tidied my room, which is at least a proper activity. Unlike last time, when i went to bed with a bag of minstrels. So right now i fell rather heroic

He was no longer jean valjean but no. 24601 -les miserable

Some of life's mysteries will never be solved, such as why, after spending an entire evening listenong to Bach, do I find myself humming "the birdie song".......

I am reaching, but i fall, and the stars are black and cold, as i stare into the void of a world that cannot hold- les miserables

Scaredy-cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #1009
little.ophelia

Jenna! I'm so glad you decided to be Mature and Sensible, and I hope that you get your appointment and it goes well. Someday all of this will be something to look back on rather than be in the midst of. <3
And yay for helping me with my plan! I'm glad as I will probably need lots of help haha.

Alex, that is heroic, and I often clean instead of studying. And that's great about your assessment!

little.ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2012, 07:16 PM   #1010
iamatortoise
Delightfully Quirky

I am currently:

It's not very heroic but I actually managed to be honset with my cpn today which is something I never do :)

Although I still think he's a troll :P

I will love myself despite the ease with which I lean toward the opposite.

iamatortoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2012, 09:02 PM   #1011
Scaredy-cat

I am currently:

I think that is very heroic crookshankss, well done

Some of life's mysteries will never be solved, such as why, after spending an entire evening listenong to Bach, do I find myself humming "the birdie song".......

I am reaching, but i fall, and the stars are black and cold, as i stare into the void of a world that cannot hold- les miserables

Old 24-05-2012, 09:10 PM   #1012
high.hopes
Kia!

I am currently:

Jenna - I'm so very proud of you! I'm glad you frowned at them, though i know for a fact it's not for the reasons you said they didn't give you a new one it's because generally they are useless! It was very sensible to ring up, and defo the right thing to do! :)

Alex - I'm pleased your assessment got moved! And well done for managing to be productive with your time! It's very easy to do something like sitting in bed with minstrels when there's lots to do!

Jasmine - I find being honest with people a massive thing and i can completely relate to how much of a challenge this might be for you! Well done! I hope some good comes from the appointment :)

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears. And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears...

Old 26-05-2012, 06:59 PM   #1013
The War Doctor
Man ist, was man isst

I am currently:

Today I went to the park with a few friends. The heat was killing me, so I did something I really didn't expect to do ever for the rest of my life: I took off my shirt and lounged topless in the sun, ignoring the fact that my entire upper body is covered in ugly scars which were now visible to hundreds of people. Really didn't give a f*ck. It was my first time publicly showing skin (around non-RYLers) in five years. And it felt awesome.

Last edited by The War Doctor : 26-05-2012 at 07:35 PM.
The War Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2012, 07:44 PM   #1014
ChocolateMarvel

I am currently:

Yesterday for the first time is god knows how long I wore no sleeves! I wore a vest top. I wasn't massively conscious about people looking at my scars because only Lillie knows me down here and she didn't make a big deal of it. It was so nice to not spend the hot weather roasting! :p

ChocolateMarvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 02:42 AM   #1015
frenchhorn
Oliver

I managed to survive a day meeting new people and sitting in an orchestra without having a panic attack.

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or studpidity. The grave will supply plenty of time for silence." Christopher Hitchens

'When words fail, music speaks'

I am transsexual and homoromantic and proud to be.

frenchhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 03:28 AM   #1016
Cbear

I am currently:

Proud of everyone! Showing scars is a very brave thing to do no matter how many people see.
I'm not very heroic at the moment but am trying. I told my parents my fears about SH last night and they were (sorta) helpful but at least I think they are looking out for me.

Cbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 04:21 PM   #1017
high.hopes
Kia!

I am currently:

Rubbish with names as always but never mind:

ExplodingRickshaws: Well done! It sounds like that was a really big step, and was very brave! I hope this means you'll continue to be more comfortable with showing your skin more often :)

iateallthepies: It's really great that you were given the oppertunity to not have to wear sleeves and that you were comfortable with doing this with Lillie! It's still a brave thing to do, even if you don't know people there so well done! :)

frenchhorn: Meeting new people can be really scary! It's really good that you managed to go through with it, especially without a panic attack! Well done you! :)

Cbear: Telling your parents about your thoughts is a great start and i think very heroic! I hope you will be able to work through them with your parents support - well done! :)

I've not been especially heoic at the moment, but i sat and helped my younger brother with his homework this morning? This was maybe slightly heroic as i would have much rather done nothing at all!

Old 28-05-2012, 10:35 PM   #1018
ChocolateMarvel

I am currently:

Well Done Everyone!!! :D

Kia- Sometimes those things are the most heroic, imagine the difference that made to your brother's day! <3

On the train home today, I had my sleeves off for a while....I slept most of the time but when I woke up the person next to me was looking at me! O WELL, her problem! Next step will be attempting to go out with no sleeves where I live. EEEK!!!

ChocolateMarvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2012, 01:47 PM   #1019
[Luna]
Dwight, You ignorant Sl*t

I am currently:

Hey, not very heroic but I used a phone to call the student finance type people for the OU and rearrange a payment. Woop.

[Luna] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2012, 04:04 PM   #1020
Scaredy-cat

I am currently:

Well done kia, cbear, iateallthepies and lavalamp (emma?)
I have my super scary assessment tomorrow. So i rang the taxi company back to make my final booking, even though the person who answered sonuded scarier than the first time.
I also passed my theory driving test today despite a busy morning spent panicking/eating waaay too much. So i think it was heroic to pull back from all that and make the rest of the day better. I am rather proud.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)