RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-06-2013, 12:20 PM   #7801
Popple

I had most my pain in my back even early on and every time they examined me they said she was lying right back against my spine.

You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Popple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2013, 06:25 PM   #7802
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

How far gone are you Sam? Could be practise contractions/braxton hicks? You're just bust with eliot, baby will take over when he arrives. Plenty of skin to skin. Ella apparently likes skin to skin... I woke up early hours this morning and she'd pulled my pj top up to snuggle on my back, and climbed into my trousers with me. Now that was fun to get out of without waking her lol.

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2013, 06:36 PM   #7803
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

I'm almost 21 weeks. I never had a single braxton hicks with Elliot so no idea what they feel like! Is it like low down period pain?

Something Special.

Mrs Sam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2013, 07:37 PM   #7804
Just a girl, Interrupted.
drowning in a sea of tears

I am currently:

A lot of my pain has always been on my left side, I think it's how my baby lies the most.

I've decided to file a complaint against my local hospital. I saw my midwife today for the first time since I was 24weeks, my last few appointments I had to have scans as well, so it was all up at the hospital. When they did my blood tests at about 28 weeks, my white blood count was very high, very obvious infection, and today was the first time it was mentioned. I was also meant to have the whooping cough vaccination at 28 weeks, today was the first time it was mentioned. I'm super annoyed! My baby is head down now, and I can't get to the doctors for the jab til next Friday -/
Am I overreacting by putting in a complaint? They kept telling me at the hospital that everything was fine and normal and okay.

Nobody knows, nobody cares that I die on the inside
Nobody sees the lie that is me, as I smile on the outside

Just a girl, Interrupted. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #7805
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

Have you spoken to the hospital before making a complaint? If so and they're still being that way then yeah I'd make a complaint. They should be being extra cautious in pregnancy.

Proud mammy alert

Elliot can now count to 10. Except for 1 which he insists I say. I'm pretty proud of him. He knows most of the main colours (red, yellow, green, pink, blue, purple, black) and is picking up his letters and letter sounds fab too. He has a flip card set of letters and pictures and he knows over half of them. He even makes me turn the cards round so it's just the word rather than picture to challenge himself. I'm pretty proud of him! They're like sponges at this age it's wonderful to watch.

Something Special.

Old 28-06-2013, 09:40 PM   #7806
Just a girl, Interrupted.
drowning in a sea of tears

I am currently:

We couldn't get through to speak to anyone, but its a feedback email address, so we phrased it as concerns rather than a complaint.

We are doing the last bits of baby shopping tomorrow, I'm so glad shopping will be over with, trying to make sure we remember to get everything is hard!! I just want my maternity leave to start and baby to be here now!

Nobody knows, nobody cares that I die on the inside
Nobody sees the lie that is me, as I smile on the outside

Just a girl, Interrupted. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #7807
88shelz
be positive

I am currently:

Feeding from one breast can be done. Baby will build supply up. I would guess thy latch was wrong if you still felt alot of pain and other side was fine. First six weeks are the hardest. Gosh i can remember all too well crying in agony.

I found out im having a boy. Have decided to use cloth nappies this time. No in laws o put me of or twist my arm into doing 'up to date methods'

Dylan had severe reflux also. Its really very common. There is lots you can do to try ease the reflux. Doctor can prescribe infant gaviscon. Feed little and often so stomache doesn't get too full at each feed. Keep baby upright after feeds for half hour. Set cot at slight incline so baby isnt fully flat.

88shelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2013, 03:09 PM   #7808
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

Congrats shelz on the boy :) when is your due date?

I will try BF. in the early days at least it will be easier than having to wash bottles.

Think we might have a name we both like. Oscar. Not sure on a middle name. My families name is Joseph but I don't know if it goes. Think it needs a 1 sylibul (sp?) middle name. Oscar Joe? Hmmm not sure.

Something Special.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:10 AM   #7809
ASkatersDream...

I am currently:

I've got a question. Aimed at no one here. If your going to pick an odd name do you look what the meaning is. An old friend has just called her kid aviary. Like ain't that a birds cage...

Just wondered that's all. Thought I was preg other week as felt sick and couldn't stop eating in mornings + going dizzy but it was neg fortunately/unfortunately x

Believe <3

ASkatersDream... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:36 PM   #7810
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

Avery? Think its more common in the us

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.

Mand x

Old 01-07-2013, 08:02 PM   #7811
88shelz
be positive

I am currently:

Im due 3/11/13.
No names even thought of yet.
I love breastfeeding because of the lack of washing and the chance to sit down for half hour as no one else can do that job for you also at night i don't have to leave bed and listen to baby cry for extended amount of times as milk heats or cools etc.
i look at what a name means. I would be quite cautious about name meanings.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #7812
dragonfly
A flower for beauty....A heart for love....

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Sam View Post
I keep getting crampy pains radiating from my lower stomach round my side to my back. It's mostly on the left hand side. Would stretching pains be one sided and occur on my back as well? Baby has spun I think because today he feels like he's poking me in all my internal organs. Haha
I've been having the same kind of pain for a couple of weeks and when I spoke to my midwife about it she just said it was more growing pain basically.
Mine did switch sides in the second week of the pain and now its evrned itself so tge pain is everywhere.

I gave my 20 week scan on Thursday. I'm very excited to find out what lifeforce I have residing in me.
X

littlewhisper, my guardian angel. I-Love-You XxX
little_miss, such an amazing friend. LoveYou XxX

I hate it, I don't want it, I don't need it, I never want to see it, You can take it, You can break it.

Mummy to my gorgeous wolf cub - 30/10/2013. Our little fighter at 3 weeks early and a tiny 4lbs 14oz.

dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:30 PM   #7813
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

I saw my midwife today and I don't have a UTI. She said she's no idea on why I'm having symptpms but to just keep an eye on it. No idea what that means I guess if it gets loads worse or something to call them.

Also she commented on how high my womb/baby is. Apparently it's 2/3 inches higher than it should be. She didn't seem concerned though. Also he is a wriggler. If baby's were powered by red bull...

Something Special.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #7814
Popple

^Poppy was like that and now she barely keeps still. The way her legs go I am sure she is going to be an olympic sprinter!

You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Popple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:11 AM   #7815
88shelz
be positive

I am currently:

Im really struggling with weight gain right now im 22.5weeks pregnant and have gained over half a stone. It came on kind of suddenly the last few pounds. I keep going back to old habits of restricting and eating "safe" foods. Then the hunger and cravings set in and ive lost control of them. I give in. My craving is curry chips from Chinese so not a great craving for my weight.
I don't know how to cope another possible 20weeks. How i will cope after the birth. With dylan i didnt gain any weight til the closer to the end and it was all placenta, water and baby... This time i know though i have over indulged ( im really not sure how i can cope with this. The weight im at now i didny want to go past for the whole pregnancy.

Old 04-07-2013, 07:43 PM   #7816
havealittlefaith

I am currently:

my little mans growing up so fast I have been told to give him a little bit of porridge as he drinks so much and to get him a beaker and offer him some lovely water...

havealittlefaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #7817
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

You may eat less as you get bigger with baby playing trampoline on your stomach.

Mand x

Old 05-07-2013, 07:58 AM   #7818
88shelz
be positive

I am currently:

How old is your LO banana-bear?

Im already not able to eat as much but it still feels too much. Dont remember being this hung up on the weight gain last pregnancy

Old 05-07-2013, 12:19 PM   #7819
dragonfly
A flower for beauty....A heart for love....

I am currently:

I've got a little boy growing in there.

littlewhisper, my guardian angel. I-Love-You XxX
little_miss, such an amazing friend. LoveYou XxX

I hate it, I don't want it, I don't need it, I never want to see it, You can take it, You can break it.

Mummy to my gorgeous wolf cub - 30/10/2013. Our little fighter at 3 weeks early and a tiny 4lbs 14oz.

dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:05 PM   #7820
Maple

I am currently:

Has anyone been diagnosed with IUGR during pregnancy and gone on to have a healthy baby?
Our baby's not growing properly. Her growth has dropped below the 10th centile now, and I have to have twice weekly ctg's, weekly Doppler scans & 2 weekly growth scans.
I made the mistake of googling & Wikipedia brought up death statistics and morbidity rates etc & now I'm panicking. I know they are closely monitoring me & baby, but I've come so far & I don't want to loose her now. I'm 32+6 now btw. Xx

Maple is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)