RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2017, 08:04 PM   #21
Buttons.
Never knowing...a helping hand or hell to pay?

I am currently:

Thanks guys <3

Ames I didn't get round to it things was stressed and forgot. I am trying to think if I could get my colouring pens and one of my colouring books near me but I only have so much room without interfering with the very limited wheel chair path we've managed to create moving furniture/life around. I literally have a tiny table with remotes, meds etc and my laptop on the sofa where I'm sleeping atm.

'Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.'

['There is only one thing we say to death. Not today'.']

'We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.’ – Oscar Wilde
‘It’s hard to dance with the devil on your back.’ Sydney Carter

Buttons. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 05:00 PM   #22
Buttons.

I am currently:

It's looking more likely may have to move. I can't keep living downstairs. I think pretty much everyone is agreed this is the right course of action, move to a property disabled friendly and one floor. I see the logic. But I've been here 2 years, longest stay in one place since adult. It feels like home. And it feels like I'd be giving into the potential prospect of never managing stairs again. Even in the weird stilted way I'd been just about managing lately before all this. And I don't even want to think about walking prospects. I will work so fucking hard with physio. But what if it's not enough? And regardless of all that, can I cope with another move??

'Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.'

Old 12-06-2017, 05:33 PM   #23
Sketchy

I am currently:

I'm sorry this is happening because I know how stressful it is to move house. However maybe it can be a positive thing, moving somewhere more accessible, creating a new home and making it your own. That doesn't take away how upsetting it is to move. Do you have plenty of support to help you with this? I hope things go smoothly for you and you find somewhere nice.

Sketchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 07:08 PM   #24
Wonderland.

Moving somewhere more accessible doesn't mean having to admit defeat whatsoever. Right now improving your mobility has had to take a back seat because of you leg healing, but no matter what type of property you live in you will still be able to get back on that once your leg is healed enough.

The whole purpose of someone moving somewhere more accessible/adapted would to make things easier for the individual. Are there everyday things that having somewhere accessible/adapted would make easier, or allow you to do?

No property has to be forever, it could just be a temporary thing.

Coping with a move is hard, but I don't think you give yourself enough credit for how well you have coped with stressful times in the past.

'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥

Wonderland. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:14 PM   #25
tiptoes
Forum Mod

I am currently:

If your home is easier for you to get around you might have more energy to use when out and about. There is only a finite amount of energy any one person has and to have a place to live that drains the least amount of energy from you improves your quality of life.

It must be such a difficult decision to have to make and the idea of moving is never easy and the circumstances can't help either but that doesn't mean that their can't be an upside. Do you know what the process of finding a new place would entail and whether that you could get some help with the moving process?

how are you doing lovely?

In my dreams I slew the dragon

tiptoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:48 PM   #26
Buttons.

I am currently:

I will have a good level of support whatever the outcome so I am grateful for that at least.

Ames yeah there is things that could be made easier with the right adaptations, things that cause me unnecessary pain because of layout etc.

The form to fill in for housing seems far more complicated than my sw said but I'm sure I can find someone to help me fill the damn thing in. Then I can start looking for somewhere within the housing association.

I feel like I'm being pushed and pulled and squashed from every direction tbh. It's getting harder and harder to cope. I am so tired.

Old 13-06-2017, 11:34 AM   #27
Wonderland.

Get help with the forms, whether from support workers, CC or going down to CAB. All forms like that are fairly complex,
and most people need some assistance filling them in.

It's positive that you can see some pros to moving somewhere more accessible. I think it's perfectly natural to feel overwhelmed with everything going on right now for you. And I think Carmen and Sarah makes great points about trying to see it as a way of improving your quality of life, it will hopefully improve your independence as well.

What things are making you feel pushed and pulled in every direction? We are here if you want to discuss them <3

'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥

Wonderland. is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)