RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 03-01-2010, 07:05 PM   #3621
iiLL3GAL
Don't leave me to die here, help me survive here.

I am currently:

I'm not sure. I haven't been to church or youth group in a long time.

Whenever I go to youth group, I have friends there, but they all just seem so perfect. It makes me feel horrible. And then the pastor talks about how drugs, bad music, alcohol, and all that stuff and how we should stay away from it and the people who are involved with it, and then I think, crap, that's me. So, I stopped going to youth group. I guess, whenever I don't think God's there for me, I walk away even farther. It's hard to explain...

Click it. Very powerful song and video that describes how verbal abuse actually affects people.

You had to have it all, Well have you had enough?
You greedy little bastard, You will get what you deserve.
When all is said and done,
I will be the one to leave you in the misery and hate what you've become.

iiLL3GAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:14 PM   #3622
Freedom Fighter

Quote:
Whenever I go to youth group, I have friends there, but they all just seem so perfect. It makes me feel horrible.
I know this feeling very well

Then wear the gold hat, if that will move her;
If you can bounce high, bounce for her too,
Till she cry "Lover, gold-hatted, high-bouncing lover,
I must have you!"

Thomas Parke D’Invilliers

Freedom Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:06 PM   #3623
LaxGoalie

I am currently:

I was a Christian a long time ago. I turned my back on him after he took away my best friend to a drunk-driving accident. I could no longer stand it. I did not understand how God could take away my best friend like that. I lost the one person I could talk to. It made me feel miserable, and made me doubt the fact that the good will be rewarded.

James "The Rev" Sullivan - words can't express the emptiness I'm feeling...

Jeremy Davis - You are my idol & gay crush

LaxGoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:17 PM   #3624
mmmMinty...
lololololol

I am currently:

Hey everyone, sorry i haven't really been around much lately. Things have gone a bit awry and I've found myself ignoring God and going my own way. Truth is I feel vulnerable and scared and I think I didn't realise until I walked away how much I need God. I have so little strength without him. I'd appreciate some prayers, I feel weak atm :/

"That is why, for Christ's sake,
I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships,
in persecutions, in difficulties.
For when I am weak, then I am strong"
(2 Corinthians 12:13)

Together We Are Strong <3

mmmMinty... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:24 AM   #3625
risenfromperdition
you are loved and beautiful :)

i need prayers that this appeal is approved to get off academic suspension [meaning stuck here til next fall if it isnt...]

“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

risenfromperdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:14 AM   #3626
charlieglasgow
bedlam publishing journalist :)

I am currently:

i feel really numb. i know it's the bpd, but i was supposed to have fun today and instead i just feel numb and empty.

http://www.icedteaandlemoncake.wordpress.com
I have a blog, and I LOVE comments. pretty please?

what's up? I'm a bagel.

charlieglasgow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:21 PM   #3627
tamobhuuta

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaxGoalie View Post
I was a Christian a long time ago. I turned my back on him after he took away my best friend to a drunk-driving accident. I could no longer stand it. I did not understand how God could take away my best friend like that. I lost the one person I could talk to. It made me feel miserable, and made me doubt the fact that the good will be rewarded.
i don't know what to say without sounding like i'm trivialising things, but i'm very sorry you lost such a good friend.

Ying tong iddle ai po!

tamobhuuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:35 PM   #3628
Emo
OLDER THAN SPACE AND TIME - THE TARDIS

I am currently:

am feeling bad at the moment not coping with things so well

Emo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 05:07 AM   #3629
Pnuemonia[Blue]

I am currently:

Could we say a prayer for my partner jocelyn?

She's struggling so much right now and needs god's warmth and guidence, so I pray to you father god that jocelyn remains safe and that whatever decision is made about her son is only in the interest of the child.
IJN Amen

Pnuemonia[Blue] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 05:14 AM   #3630
risenfromperdition

praying
<3

“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

Old 05-01-2010, 01:12 PM   #3631
[Awakening]
~Jocelyn~

I am currently:

Praying for everyone x

My love, a beautiful future awaits

[Awakening] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 07:27 PM   #3632
risenfromperdition

how you doing
<3

Old 05-01-2010, 08:16 PM   #3633
risenfromperdition

welllll just checked my past 2 days of email and figured i'd spread the love >.>

God wanted to be glorified through a seemingly impossible situation. He wants to be glorified through the difficult situations that you face, too. "If God is for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31) When we stand with Christ, we stand with power. What Red Sea are you facing? Nothing is impossible with God. When you set aside your doubts and call on the name of the LORD, you can face the waters of your circumstances with a strong confidence, knowing that God is able and willing to do great things in and through you.
>.>

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Perhaps you are walking around like a cripple because of something that has happened to you as a child. Perhaps you feel like a "dead dog." And yet, God is looking for ways to bless you, to restore what has been taken away, and invite you to feast at His table everyday. Mephibosheth was a grandchild of King Saul and potential heir to the throne. However, he saw himself as nothing more than a "dead dog," unworthy to receive even the smallest crumb of kindness from David. David's desire was to restore to Mephibosheth all the land that would have been his inheritance and invite him to feast at his table daily. Mephibosheth didn't see himself as he really was. In reality, he was royalty. "A dead dog?" I think not! Do you see yourself as you really are? You are a chosen, dearly loved, child of God. You have been blessed with every spiritual blessing, delivered from the domain of darkness and transferred to the kingdom of light! You, girlfriend, are a child of the King!

Old 06-01-2010, 06:58 AM   #3634
luv0817

I am currently:

I rediscovered this song a few days ago and it really spoke to me :

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPCbzz5pJzQ&feature=PlayList&p=3D3F9A13134 0BEC0&index=2[/ame]

Lyrics:
We rode into town the other day
Just me and my Daddy
He said I'd finally reached that age
And I could ride next to him on a horse
That of course was not quite as wide

We heard a crowd of people shouting
And so we stopped to find out why
And there was that man
That my dad said he loved
But today there was fear in his eyes

So I said "Daddy, why are they screaming?
Why are the faces of some of them beaming?
Why is He dressed in that bright purple robe?
I'll bet that crown hurts Him more than He shows
Daddy, please can't you do something?
He looks as though He's gonna cry
you said he was stronger than all of those guys
addy, please tell me why
Why does everyone want him to die?"

Later that day the sky grew cloudy
And Daddy said I should go inside
Somehow he knew things would get stormy
Boy was he right
But I could not keep from wondering
If there was something he had to hide

So after he left I had to find out
I was not afraid of getting lost
So I followed the crowds
To a hill where I knew men had been killed
And I heard a voice come from the cross

And it said, "Father, why are they screaming?
Why are the faces of some of them beaming?
Why are they casting their lots for My robe?
This crown of thorns hurts Me more than it shows
Father, please can't You do something?
I know that You must hear My cry
I thought I could handle the cross of this size
Father, remind Me why
Why does everyone want Me to die?
When will I understand why?"

"My precious Son, I hear them screaming
I'm watching the face of the enemy beaming
But soon I will clothe You in robes of My own
Jesus, this hurts Me much more than You know
But this dark hour I must do nothing
Though I've heard Your unbearable cry
The power in Your blood destroys all of the lies
Soon You'll see past their unmerciful eyes
Look there below, see the child
Trembling by her father's side
Now I can tell You why
She is why You must die"

Thank you Jesus for dying for me sins and saving me.

We all wear masks, and the time comes when we cannot remove them without removing some of our own skin. ~André Berthiaume

luv0817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:15 AM   #3635
risenfromperdition

wow. thanks.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:39 PM   #3636
silentgirl

I am currently:

I havent been on this thread for a while because I have had trouble with my faith and God etc.
I feel that I have lost my faith etc since my Pop died in September and I feel so much pain and confusion I feel that I dont know what to think.

I dont know what im asking, I just feel that i couldnt post this just in one of the support forums because its kind of christian. My Pop was a christian for the majority of his life but then he had to get sick and then it was months before his death. I am still struggling and I dont know why. Why does God let people/loved ones die?

I have also started self harming after being free for 16 months
I am sorry, I am confused and in pain so I apologise if this post does not make any sense x

silentgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:45 AM   #3637
risenfromperdition

Nobody becomes depressed overnight. Nobody overcomes depression overnight. The journey out of the pit of depression is a process of steps uniquely planned by your Father. He is the Guide for your journey out of the darkness.

...You have no other options. When hard times come, we immediately begin to beg and bargain for rescue - for a way of escape. God loves us too much to waste our pain. It is a shallow love that always rescues easily. It is a depthless love that always rescues quickly. Sometimes our Father says wait. So be patient, accept your pit, and know that He is at work.

We can be so proud and self-sufficient at times. Admitting that we are helpless and must wait on God is a last resort. In reality, we can learn to celebrate our helplessness. We can grow to the place of rejoicing in our weakness because our weakness and helplessness are an invitation for the power of God to take up residence and display itself in our life! Isaiah tells us that "He gives power to the tired and worn out, and strength to the weak" (Isaiah 50:29 NLT).
Instead of hiding or trying to rationalize the darkness away, we must be willing to admit that we are struggling with depression. Pride always hinders authenticity. Emotional health begins at the point of emotional integrity, when we can be truthful enough to say to ourselves and to others "I need help!" We cannot be right until we choose to be real.

We were created to share our burdens with each other. Isaiah 35:3-4 is a clear directive, "Strengthen those who have tired hands, and encourage those who have weak knees. Say to those who are afraid, 'Be strong, and do not fear, for your God is coming to destroy your enemies. He is coming to save you.'" We need each other because a shared load is a lighter load. Transparency brings healing and authenticity yields restoration.

...I was too busy trying to earn God's love and approval and running from the past. I was too busy trying to be good enough.

He is more concerned with who I am than what I do! He loves me - warts and all! If I never do another thing in the Kingdom, He still loves me. His love for me is not affected by what I do or don't do. He simply loves me!

Father, I come to You - weak, tired and broken. I admit my great need for You, Lord, and choose to rest in You rather than struggle against You. By faith, I accept the darkness as an opportunity to wait at Your feet, listening for Your voice alone. Change me, Lord. Teach me Your ways. Strip away what is not of You and let stand what is.
In Jesus' name,
Amen.

.... i need a diff email lmao

Old 07-01-2010, 02:05 AM   #3638
aquatickitten

I am currently:

Or maybe you need to start listening to the one you have. ;)

aquatickitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:10 AM   #3639
Freedom Fighter

I just told her that in chat :P

Then wear the gold hat, if that will move her;
If you can bounce high, bounce for her too,
Till she cry "Lover, gold-hatted, high-bouncing lover,
I must have you!"

Thomas Parke D’Invilliers

Freedom Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:26 AM   #3640
risenfromperdition

shuddup you :P
love you both really :P

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)