RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 18-02-2020, 01:23 AM   #21
Auror.
Camden

Could you take gum? There's also fidget toys designed for chewing!

I know on the few long plane flights I've been on, once you kind of accept the fact that you're just on the plane and there's nowhere else to go and do, it doesn't feel as bad. That sounds weird. It's not something you can really plan in advance, but it usually happens at some point for me. I've asked other people and they say similar.

I hope it goes smoothly for you!

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2020, 11:51 AM   #22
nonperson

I am currently:

I don't really like gum. Might look into chewing fidget toys though!

I know it won't be as bad as I think. It's just been a long time since I did any travelling and a lot has changed since then, I've changed a lot since then so I'm just really not sure how I'm going to react at all.

You're right though, I'll have to accept that I'm stuck on there whether I like it or not!

nonperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2020, 04:41 PM   #23
nonperson

I am currently:

Trying to check in online just now and firstly there are no seats left, they're all either middle row and none are together... So I'm mad at my cheapskate sister for convincing me that this was the way to do it instead of paying a bit more in the first place which would have included a choice of seats and checked baggage... but also the payment system for additional baggage isn't working. It keeps telling me my card number is wrong AND I'VE TRIED THREE DIFFERENT CARDS NOW.

Was doing ok so far today but now I'm just really really ****ed off. I don't need this.

Old 18-02-2020, 06:23 PM   #24
Auror.
Camden

That's super frustrating. Hopefully when you get to the airport they can just help you sort all of that out?

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

Old 19-02-2020, 12:57 AM   #25
nonperson

I am currently:

Sorry, that was a bit of an angry rant...

Yeah I think I'll just have to check in normally at the airport. It would have been easier online and would potentially have avoided any visa questions too. Other people have had problems as well though.

Old 21-02-2020, 01:54 AM   #26
nonperson

I am currently:

I made it!

Old 21-02-2020, 02:01 AM   #27
Shirayuki
No one deserves to be forgotten

I am currently:

good job!!

We'll make it together, one small step at a time

Shirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2020, 08:57 PM   #28
Auror.
Camden

Glad you survived! Hope being here goes smoothly for you.

Old 22-02-2020, 05:59 AM   #29
nonperson

I am currently:

It's not going too well so far.

Everything is too much, too loud, too peopley... and I'm too much of a freak to fit in.

Far too many tears already.

Old 27-02-2020, 07:11 PM   #30
Auror.
Camden

Have things gotten any better at all? That does sound really overwhelming. I'm sorry it's been such a struggle. I hope you've been able to figure out some ways to get some time to yourself and quiet to rest. Thinking of you.

Old 28-02-2020, 07:18 AM   #31
nonperson

I am currently:

Thanks for asking.

A little better. I did settle into Las Vegas life after a while and a blip. Drove to California for Disney the past two days which was good because Disney. But now we've moved over to Hollywood and so far (only a few hours in) I'm liking it less than Vegas. I have done some driving now but I don't like it much.

There's no where near here to get some groceries and I don't want to drive again tonight. Dad and I are staying in a nice apartment but there's nothing in walking distance and due to where everyone else is staying we've had to keep the car here. So looks like more driving for me tomorrow to pick others up for the day.

I'm just stressed and very tired. Still not sleeping properly at all. Keep waking up super early... and everything feels unplanned and disorganised.

I want to go home. I miss my cat...

Old 28-02-2020, 07:55 AM   #32
nonperson

I am currently:

And only just over half way through the trip...

My sister's annoying me a bit too. She can be quite selfish sometimes. And is now changing plans about driving around LA. I said I would drive but thought I made it clear that I didn't really want to and now it looks like we're lumbered with the car for the next three days because she's thinking it might now be easier to get an Uber than to drive and pick everyone up...

I don't want to be dealing with this.

Also a bit pissed off because Dad booked this apartment but didn't do any research into the area or what was nearby or how close anything was to anywhere else.

Old 28-02-2020, 02:12 PM   #33
Auror.
Camden

Have you looked into whether instacart or prime now, other grocery delivery websites etc. are options? I know it's not ideal cost wise, but it would save you driving. I know Uber/Lyft isn't ideal either, but again if the driving is stressful, it might be worth it to go to a grocery store. When I was out of town recently I did Instacart and Prime Now because I was too scared of going out and driving. Other times I've taken taxis to go grocery shopping.

I know you're struggling, but as you said, you've over halfway through and you HAVE survived the getting here and being here so far. That's a massive accomplishment in itself. I know that doesn't mean things are great or that you haven't struggled, but you've survived.

Old 28-02-2020, 03:25 PM   #34
nonperson

I am currently:

I'm ok driving really, I don't get visibly worked up and I can do it, just really really don't like it and my head just goes crazy. I think we'll stop for groceries on the way back tonight. I don't want a late evening so we'll have time to do it then. Did think about delivery but we only need a handful of things to last a couple more nights so wasn't sure if delivery was an option.

You are right, I have survived. Everything's just so up and down though.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)