Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 08-02-2017, 08:42 PM   #1
Doikers
Louder Than God's Revolver and Twice as Shiny

I am currently:
Moving . On A Budget . Any Advice?

Hey.
I am moving From South Wales across into a Large City in England later this year and am on a tight budget so was wondering if anyone has done this and/or has any advice please?
I imagine I'll have to change my CMHT ( Which is no big thing so long as they leave me alone ) and GP ( Again No big thing so long as I can get my meds as usual ) .
I need to find somewhere we can live and I've never done that before so I dunno how to go about it . . . .
I'll need a job so any CV tips would help.
I am finally going to be happy :) This is great , So long as you never give up you will make it folks!

I'm still not comfortable in my skin and the anasthetic's slowly wearing thin - Otep
Everyones lost but me! - Indiana Jones

It's okay , they know me here .

Kahlia1981 is my adopted little sister :)

''Courage doesn't always roar , sometimes courage is that little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow"

Doikers is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 09-02-2017, 01:41 AM   #2
HopeRises

If possible look/apply for jobs before you go. It always feels better if you've got a job waiting for you. Most places I have found will do phone interviews if you explain or you could just book a few on the same day and travel for the day.

Work out a budget.

I haven't really got a clue about looking for houses but I'm going to assume living on the outskirts will be cheaper than living in central London. My friend uses website like zoopla(?) and right move just to get a feel for what is available/price range/affordable. Again if you could book a few viewings on the same day that will help with time.

Good luck

Life can be beautiful if you let it.
Step back, breathe and take it in

HopeRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2017, 01:44 PM   #3
Doikers

I am currently:

Thank You Hope Rises :)
I don't actually know where we are going to need to live yet , it is very much having to be done on the fly . Our budget is tiny . We don't need to be central , just near a subway or bus or general transport hub . I cannot go up there to look about as that would break the budget . Gonna have to rock up and decide on the spot I guess . I cannot make the decision alone so . . . .
I have no clue as to how to get a Job but I have looked all the internet at jobs , I cannot find a website that does normal Jobs , Any Ideas? I have no recent Experience and very few qualifications and all these websites are advertising for experienced and qualified stuff , I just need a normal job like in a shop or something . Whatever pays the best mainly .

I'm still not comfortable in my skin and the anasthetic's slowly wearing thin - Otep

''Courage doesn't always roar , sometimes courage is that little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow"

Old 16-02-2017, 01:50 PM   #4
HopeRises

I would imagine that is pretty risky especially in London. I don't know where your starting from but usually you can get mega bus/national express pretty cheap. Can your partner go and look instead? I would hate for you to get to London with all your stuff and not having anywhere to go with it.

Have you tried indeed? I usually use that. There is also universal job match which is done through the job centre. Also you might need to use a few search terms. Like shop work in London etc rather than jobs in London.

Old 16-02-2017, 05:49 PM   #5
Doikers

I am currently:

Work in London ! I'd not even thought of that , Thank You :)
My Partner isn't in a position to visit for now .
I shall look for Indeed , Could I be a bother and ask you to PM me a link please?
Thank You very much for your help :)

Old 16-02-2017, 08:05 PM   #6
HopeRises

Sent you a pm.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)