RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 26-06-2014, 04:59 PM   #1
Myimmortalgirl
Heather Peace's Wife

Strange rash on my hands

This has come up on both my hands. It comes up as little spots then blisters, it itches until I put cream on it and then it stings. Antihistamines don't do anything.

If anyone thinks I need to see a doctor I will, but some advice here would be great too it is doing my head in.

One Hug Given By:
Old 26-06-2014, 06:04 PM   #2
Animad

Do you know what's set it off? Is it just on your hands or elsewhere? Have you started new medications or eaten something different? Have you been anywhere where you could've been stung or bitten? These all affect what may be the cause of it as well as the potential treatment. Antihistamines won't help it a massive amount (though they may do a small amount) if it isn't an allergic reaction which is continuing.

As it's feeling more comfortable with cream (it's difficult to say what in the cream will be helping it as you've not put down what type; antiseptic/ local anaesthetic/ e45/ steroid/ hydrocolloid...)I'd say carry on with that but if it's not gone by the end of the weekend/ Monday then at very least go and see a pharmacist. If it worsens/ spreads/ you become you feel unwell then it may be worth seeing a doctor in case it's an allergic reaction to something that's continuing to have (I think this is less likely but it could be an allergy to food or something like washing detergent) or even something like a virus (though it doesn't look like that.

Old 26-06-2014, 06:38 PM   #3
Myimmortalgirl
Heather Peace's Wife

I put some tea tree cream on it and also today eurax cream. I have not used any new washing powder, and it is only on my hands. Can't be my fake tan as my body has no rash on it. My hair dye has not reacted anywhere else. Only other symptoms are that my hands and arms are achy.

Old 26-06-2014, 09:57 PM   #4
Imperfect.Star

It could be a form of eczema called pompholyx. You could have a look here...http://www.patient.co.uk/health/pompholyx-leaflet
I have had something similar and (this is not based on actual medical knowledge just what people have said to me when I had it) people suggested it was 'prickly heat' i.e. basically a kind of heat rash. Is this something which has just come up since the weather has got hot?

Always seem to get things just that little bit wrong.

"don't wish, don't start, wishing only wounds the heart"

Old 26-06-2014, 10:27 PM   #5
Myimmortalgirl
Heather Peace's Wife

I think that is exactly what I have.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)