RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-09-2010, 03:54 AM   #1
DLT

I am currently:
struggling in college

i was in treatment for restricting and purging this summer and when i returned home after, i did really well staying in recovery. but now i am off for my first year of university and i am having such a hard time not restricting. i was doing so well. then just something switched in me and now i can't bring myself to eat normally. what should i do? i mean, i know the obvious answer is just eat. but ughh....i don't know
any advice would be appreciated

DLT is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 09-09-2010, 05:32 AM   #2
Buttercup.
loveeeeeee

I am currently:

I totally can relate to that. My eating disorder symptoms definitely spiked way up when I first started college a few years back. It's really important that you get the support you need to fight it and not let your ED consume you. Because of mine spiraling out of control and really hurting my health, I've had to take two years off from school so far. I can't even work. My ED has completely consumed my life to the point where I cannot function at all in a school or work setting. So my life is really just on hold right now. I would hate for this to happen to you.

In your college health center I bet there are mental health services. Having extra support will be very important. I'd suggest that you find out about the mental health services your college provides. See if you can get a counselor or therapist at the school, and I'm sure they could refer you to any other services they'd think would be helpful, such as outside professionals or support groups.

Basically, my suggestion, is get ALL the support you can get. And don't let it win!!! I want you to be successful in college and not have to change your plans and put your future on hold the way I have. It's no fun seeing all the people you went to high school with graduating college while you only have a year under your belt. You CAN do this. Don't give up. We are here for you.

Jess x

I wanna stay inside all day
I want the world to go away

Buttercup. is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)