RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 28-07-2010, 04:33 AM   #1
DLT

I am currently:
Severely Triggering (ED) - how to stop eating?

i am both bulimic and anorexic.
i have come home from treatment and am obsessive about getting in my 3 meals a day. the problem is, i usually am not hungry. but i still make myself eat knowing it's what i need to do, regardless of how much i don't want to do it. but once i force myself to start, i find it really hard to stop. i know this is probably because my first instinct is to restrict and when i'm not letting myself restrict or purge i am seeking other means of catharsis. but how can i help myself stop eating after i have eaten the appropriate amount?

DLT is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Hugs Given By :
Old 28-07-2010, 11:59 AM   #2
Everything Inside

I am currently:

Have you been given a meal plan or a number of different ideas for the meals you should be eating?

If you over eat then you may be sick just from force feeding and you can also start stretching your stomach so much that once you reach a healthy weight you may feel hungry more or feel the 'normal' portion is not enough therefore you may gain too much weight which may re trigger an ED.

If your really that worried then maybe seeing your doctor and explain your comfortable eating even when you are not hungry because you know its what you need to do but you dont no when you stop etc. and ask to see a dietrition who will then design a meal plan that is for you making sure your getting the right amount of calories etc. because at the end of the day its not the amount you eat its your calorie intake and the right amount of exercise to get you to a healthy weight and to maintain that healthy weight.

Well done for how far you have come thought it sounds like your making really good progress you should be proud x

Blink 182
"With All Of This I Know Now,
Everything Inside Of My Head.
It All Just goes To Show How Nothing I Know Changes Me At All."

All Of This

Everything Inside is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)