RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 05-03-2009, 12:00 AM   #1
distant_yellow

I am currently:
Triggering (Sexual Abuse) - More than once?

This is something that is really scaring me. I was sexually assaulted when i was 11. That was the only time.. but it feels like i had been repeatedly abused for a long time. I dont feel like i am in my own skin. The thought of having repressed memories scares me so much.. but i dont think that is the case, or at least i really hope not!

Has anyone else felt like they have been abused more than once when they only have a memory of one time?

Im sorry if this was confusing to read.

distant_yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:21 AM   #2
Popple

I think if you are worried about this you need to talk to a proffessional about it, I know its hard but they can help you to figure it out and maybe recover any repressed memories if there are any. Either way I think it would be useful for you to work through this.
Take care of yourself love
xx

You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Popple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:06 PM   #3
bruised reed

I am currently:

hiya
i know what you mean
i know this is your thread but i just need to tell you this.
when i was 4 i was abuses just once by my dad.
i have been abused repeately by others since but not until couple of years after he died when i was 7.
now the reason i am telling you this is because over the years i have repeatedly felt that my dad abused me more than once because i have had feeling that it happened when i was even youger than 4. my mum put me and my little bro in care while she went to hospital to have her last one. and i believe that she did that to protect me from my dad.
unfortunately the day i remember his abuise was the day we came home from the care.
so yes there is a very real possiblity that it may have happened and that you have blocked it out.
but then also there is a big possiblity that it didnt.
however many times it happened it was still very wrong and should never have happened to you.
so hunni, i hope that once was all.
hugs you tightly.
xxx

bruised reed is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)