RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2014, 11:01 AM   #1
silentgirl

I am currently:
Feeling yucky

I am feeling so confused and stuck. Had an appointment with a GP from the local medical centre as my old GP's practice hasn't reopened yet. I needed medication- for pms and depression- and I didn't have a problem getting them- I just couldn't bring myself to tell her that my depression has been up and down and that a lot has happened this year and that I have a history of self harm. The medical centre receptionist told me they don't need my file from my old GP's so they aren't aware of history.

I had therapy this morning so I was emotionally frazzled by that and so it being the first time of seeing her, I couldn't tell her how up and down my depression has been or that my therapist has suggested I see a physiatrist as I haven't seen one in six years and how bad this last two years have been for me. Sorry I know this is long. My cravings to self harm are really bad right now.

silentgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 02-12-2014, 11:57 AM   #2
crazykat
Fight for another day

Will you be seeing them again or was this just a once off before your usual GP practice opens again? If your seeing them again perhaps you would find it easier to write some things down to show them.

I wouldn't worry about it too much as I think anyone would find it hard to open up to a whole new doctor, it takes time to develop that trust. Do you think perhaps you wanted them to know though so you felt what you are going through was validated?

Perhaps you can do some things tonight to help wind down before your ready for bed. You could read a book or listen to some calming music or watch a favourite movie. Hold on there, you will get through this. Take care

"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."

crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)