RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 12-09-2009, 07:39 PM   #21
Breeze
dizzy dyke

I wish I could manage to stop grinding and clenching my jaw. IT is causeing my jaw joint probs to be worse. I do try and not do it but often find I'm doing it without realising.

I want to kiss the bottom of the ocean before I burst through its surface into the sunlight, otherwise I will always be wondering about what was left unseen at the bottom

i'm tired of chasing my dreams.
i'm just gonna ask where they're going,
and hook up with them later.

Previously Kelpie

Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2011, 07:15 PM   #22
Artiztik_Kitteh

I am currently:

Hey,
I have this problem too. I'm only 19 and it had started since last year. I didn't know it was from anxiety or may be the cause of my chewing behavior. I've been chewing the inside of my cheeks, top and bottom of the inside of my lip. Recently, its been hurting so bad!
I thought it might have been from the time I got out of the dentist. I had a root canal and both sides of my cheeks were numbed. I accidentally chewed without knowing and after that, I start to do it on my own. Mostly since I didn't like the rough feeling in my cheek.
I still don't know...is it because of that or because of anxiety. My fiance recently went to Georgia for basic training. That could be it too...

Artiztik_Kitteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2011, 12:48 AM   #23
PassedExpectations
a mirror that reflects it

I am currently:

this may have already been said.... but chewing gum can be an easy way of making it not harmful

this is my magical medicine cabinet. Left to right they contain: courage, hope, calmness, and strength.

The magical part: They NEVER run out, so borrow some any time you want.

PM me anytime, I love getting messages :)
Katie

PassedExpectations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2011, 09:57 AM   #24
MrsCoulter
{Fighting a War}

I am currently:

I chew my lower lip on the left side all the time. I really go at ti when depressed or angry or whatever and can't cut.

I do clench my jaw all the time - I do it mostly subconsciously and it might be why I am getting headaches all day - or at least part of it. It's starting to realyl get to me so might take up the suggestion of the mouth guard :)

"John, being brave is going where no man has gone before and with Lizzy Stark, that is NOT what you'll be doing!" - Aunt Polly.

“I told him I was going to betray you, and betray Lyra, and he believed me because I was corrupt and full of wickedness; he looked so deep I felt sure he'd see the truth. But I lied too well. I was lying with every nerve and fiber and everything I'd ever done...I wanted him to find no good in me, and he didn't. There is none.”

MrsCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:38 PM   #25
didi768

MOUTH BITING

So glad I found you guys. I cannot stop doing this either. My mom made a nasty comment about it, like it's a personality problem ugh. The worst part is when the dentist sees it omg. SO FREAKING EMBARRASSING MAN. I watch the clock and see if I can stop for like 30 seconds and I'm up the WALL with temptation. I can't take it no more. Was told it was a tic. My son has Tourettes. His doc said I did lip smacking and he was only in the room 5 min. with us. I was trying to tell the doc who I thought my son might have gotten this from lol. ME! My other thing is I'm a night teeth grinder person and just HATE wearing my night guard. My jaw is soooo sore today, hope not getting TMJ. Constant ear problems on that side! Still have an ear tube in.

Last edited by didi768 : 09-10-2012 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something
didi768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2013, 01:47 AM   #26
brainwreck

Serious Chewing Problem

I have been doing this for about 3 1/2 years now. It has completely gotten out of control lately due to anxiety. I have tried wearing a mouth guard, chewing gum, and shear will power. None of these have been successful for me. My mouth is chewed pretty severely on the upper and lower and I never let it fully heal before chewing it back off. I have a hard time keeping it conscious. I really dont know what else to do at this point and I dont want it to get any worse.

brainwreck is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)