RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 14-04-2009, 08:34 PM   #181
so_confused
I'm No Superman

I am currently:

Well girls phone calls were once my way of feeling better and not feeling like a freak! Walkin along the road i used to feel so horrible peope were judging me, looking at me! (just read my first few threads) And I would have to make a phone call to a friend or anyone so that I would feel like i was doing something so that the horrible people couldnt say something to upset me or laugh at me...
Now I go out anywhere, still get a tiny bit anxious when goin on train/bus but its not like it used to be...
All I can say is TIME. It took me a year of anti depressants (still on them), counciling and actually not working-working when i was READY. Dont rush going out, go out bit by bit when YOU are READY. Dont rush it or it will do you more harm than good. Gently does it. Slow and steady wins the race!
Tip: I used to hate going into shops-to get used to it go in and make sure you have the right change. Then you can be in and out quickly without fumbling with your purse! (That was my fear-looking stupid!) Do this more and more it helps with crowds and most of all YOU are in control of the situation. That why we worry when being out on our own or being in social situation because we are not in control. But thats ok! 99%of the time the worst case senario will never happen! My councilor taught me this and it helped me.
I would strongly reccomend councilors to you all though.
Ask me questions ill be happy to try and help!
mwah xxxxx

In every contest, there must be a looser. Loo-Hoo

so_confused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009, 08:51 PM   #182
ksdfjhlksajf

Thank you for replying, it makes me feel better to hear from someone that had problems with social phobia and it sounds like you're doing great now!

The change thing is a good idea! I'll try it.... I'm always afraid that they're judging me on what I'm buying though (or what I'm wearing, etc...) I like stores with the self-checkout machines.

I can't handle phone calls though, I start shaking and either wanting to cry, or wanting to SI. Then I put it off until the last minute and stress myself out for even longer...

Ummm I'm seeing a counselor and I'm supposed to start a group thing next week for CBT stuff. Have you (or anyone) ever done anything like that? I'm just wondering if it helped at all

Thank you for all of your help and support. I will no longer be coming to RYL. Semi-explanation will be inside my profile.

ksdfjhlksajf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2009, 08:14 AM   #183
ksdfjhlksajf

Sorry, I'm going to bump this....

Has anyone had CBT for social anxiety? I'm supposed to do it in a group thing on Wednesday and I'm really freaked out....

Thank you for all of your help and support. I will no longer be coming to RYL. Semi-explanation will be inside my profile.

Old 20-04-2009, 12:54 PM   #184
Snow Leopard

I am currently:

Hi I did CBT for social phobia and agrophobia. The most helpful bit was doing the exercises step by step and breaking down each phobia into smaller bits. It sounds like a group of people all suffering in the same way will be really supportive as you will all be in it together. I personally needed the support of a CPN to help me with the stuff I had to practise. I started off unable to answer the phone or walk out of my front door those things are no longer issues for me and I can go out without having to think about it now. I still sometimes have panic attacks but now having done CBT I know how to get myself out of it. I hope this was helpful. I'd say try the group as an experiment for a few weeks and see if it helps.

Snow Leopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2009, 01:08 PM   #185
SilentJudgement

I am currently:

wow, Im glad this thread was resurrected *smiles shyly*

Count the garden by the flowers, never by the leaves that fall. Count your life with smiles and not the tears that roll.

ily silvermist - long-lost twin !

SilentJudgement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2009, 07:18 PM   #186
ksdfjhlksajf

Snow Leopard, thank you so much for your reply. So it really helped? I'm hoping.... I can't answer phones either and stuff and basically hide in my room when I'm not in class so maybe this will be good. And it helped with panic attacks? I REALLY need that.... I do have a counselor I'm seeing too, so he can probably help me out if I have trouble with the stuff.... Anyway thank you so much for your reply.

SilentJudgement: I'm glad it was resurrected too

Old 21-03-2013, 01:40 PM   #187
so_confused
I'm No Superman

I am currently:

hey anyone there? been quite a few years since i posted on this site.... life has changed somewhat.....

In every contest, there must be a looser. Loo-Hoo

so_confused is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)