RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 30-11-2009, 12:28 AM   #1
lasting
Let's see how fast this thing can go.

I am currently:
Mildly Triggering (ED) - Haven't been around in a while...

I don't know if anyone remembers me; I was pretty active in the site last year. I've had a few name changes and stuff, but I've decided to come back and visit.
I guess also, I was SI free for four or five months, and still am, for the most part. I've been having trouble with bulimia for quite some time though, and recently started treatment (about 3 months ago). I was just maybe wanting some support/talking with people who have done the whole doctorpsychologisttherapyparentsaghhhh thing.
I've been to a couple different clinics, two nutritionists, 3 doctors, a therapist, a psychiatrist, and soon I'm going to start group therapy (DBT? Something-cognitive-behavioral-therapy). I can't count the number of times I've recounted my story to however many people.
I still hate the fact that if I leave the table and go elsewhere in the house my mother still thinks I'm purging. I hate that my friends (the ones who know) watch me at lunch to make sure I'm eating. I hate how every pound I lose or gain is analyzed and must have an ulterior motive.
I know this is all for my own good, and that I have to go through this process in order to recover. I suppose these things just take time.

Can anyone give me any advice on how to navigate all this recovery shiznazz? I really don't want to have to go into an inpatient program. However, my doctor says that if I lose much more weight or have any other relapses, that might be more of an option. And I'm terrified of that.

Life is just a series of moments.

lasting is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Hugs Given By :
Old 30-11-2009, 12:41 AM   #2
Buttercup.
loveeeeeee

I am currently:

I am here if you want to talk hun. What you need to do is commit yourself to recovery. Go to all your appointments, try the different therapies, and accept all the support you can get. Have you ever been through DBT before? It is a lot of work, and teaches you a lot of different coping skills to deal with the feelings behind the undesired behavior which seems to be purging for you.

You don't want to go into IP treatment...the first priority will be to make you gain weight. And they make you gain it fast. I don't know what type of facility you would be in, but I was involuntarily admitted to the state hospital...and their focus is getting the weight back on you..not helping you cope with the ED. Unless you are going to an ED only treatment center things might be different. But from my experience, I'd really reccommend giving your outpatient therapy your all.

I'm here if you ever want to talk.

Jess x

I wanna stay inside all day
I want the world to go away

Buttercup. is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)