RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 05-06-2007, 10:14 PM   #1
Flutterby

I am currently:
Graphic / Triggering - What is wrong with me?

lately iv had a lot of stress, and when something bad happens, usually an argument, i go into these wierd moods, it doesn't feel like me, i get really angry and punch walls and scream and say really nasty things to my boyf if we are arguing and its like there is no reasoning with me. it doesnt feel like me in my body. I do my knuckles some damage when i punch the walls. I get really depressed and feel like things cant get any better and all i can think of is getting something sharp and cuttin or killing myself and the las time i cut was 2 weeks ago and i ended up in hospital. Its horrible all i can do is cry after wards and tell people im sorry for the way i acted, the only person who has really seen how bad it can get is my boyf.
When im in these moods though it feels like nothing will ever get better and my whole life is falling apart and i feel like i have no control over what i do, because i know if i did get hold of something sharp i would regret it after wards. the anger i feel is unbelievable! Im not normally an aggressive person so its strange for me.

any one have any ideas, is there anything worng with me?

Thanks x x x

Flutterby is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 05-06-2007, 10:34 PM   #2
_inevermetanothergemini_

I am currently:

Hi there,
*huggles you* I'm sorry you're feeling so awful right now. Are you getting any help with this? Could I advise you to go to your GP? Maybe take this post with you? They will be able to tell you for definate.
Take care, my lovely,
xxx

_inevermetanothergemini_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 11:22 PM   #3
Belt
Nerd

I am currently:

I'm pretty certain we've all felt like this at some point, hopeless.
There's nothing wrong with you-well there is-but it's not you, it's a problem you're dealing with. Why do you get so angry? Why are you upset? If you can figure out what's triggering you, maybe you could unravel the real problem and deal with that-instead of espcaping through all means of self harm. There are other ways to deal with agression-you know that-next time you feel the need to go 'agro' why not hit a pillow against the wall? Or scream into a pillow? I usually find that works.

Hope you're okay

Robyn

"Robyn, so many people care about you.
You know that."

Belt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 05:14 AM   #4
Sunday Morning
Imagine

I know life may seem stressful at the moment, but you have to deal with the stress first. Ask yourself ' What's stressing me out? ' And try to find a solution that will help you fixx the problem an rid the stress and the emotions.

There is nothing wrong with you, secondly. You just need to a better way to deal with your stress, if my first suggestion doesn't work. Have you try writing, drawing, painting, running, maybe a hobby or even something that makes you happy? Have you tried therapy and talking about what's going on, too? It'll work greatly.

Take care

Kiki x

Don't feel like dancin'.

Sunday Morning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 08:54 AM   #5
Flutterby

I am currently:

Iv tried to calm my self down and my boyf has but last night my son was in the bath and all i was focused on was finding a way to kill my self and my boyf had taken all the sharp things away from me and shut me in the bedroom. it doesnt feel like its me though it mad, cause i would never think ov killing my self or cutting my self and my son is a prioity, i hysterically cry and i seriously cant explain how i feel but its like something evil has taken over my body and i wish it never happens but it does. I was screamion at my boyf last night to give me something sharp and he never and i was so glad afterwards when i finally felt myself again. i think there is more to it than stress, cause im seriously worried that im guna end up doin soemthing silly when i have these 'outburts' its like i dont care who i hurt at the time, and that totally is not me!

Old 06-06-2007, 10:21 AM   #6
Belt
Nerd

I am currently:

Do you have anyone you can talk to? A Therapist? Or a Doctor? It seems like you need to talk to someone. At least you've discovered you're not alone whilst struggling-your boyfriend seems to really be helping you. You don't self harm do you? It's a road you don't want to go down, I promise you. Best get help before you do.

Praying for you

Robyn x

You know that."

Old 06-06-2007, 09:58 PM   #7
Flutterby

I am currently:

i can sort of feel my self goin into one ov the moods now. Im just trying so hard to keep calm. i do self harm, i had stitches 2 weeks ago and every time i cut im gettin deeper and deeper and it is really scarry. Iv been in an optomistic mood all day and now its just gone, and iv gone my first day in ages today without a S*liff (i smoke about 3 of a night) and i am feeling brilliant for that, even though im craving for one im fighting it, it makes me feel good about my self.
Im going to my doctor on friday. I took my self off meds a while ago and then my new doctor would not put me back on them and things have gone from bad to worse since then and he said he would get me councellor but he never did so im kinda worried about goin to the doctors, they dont seem to care anymore.
I cant talk to my mum cause she is ill and i dont have a dad.
few, im ok now, still calm.

Old 07-06-2007, 08:31 PM   #8
Belt
Nerd

I am currently:

It's to good to here you're fighting-you've got some control at least.
I'm proud of you.

You know that."

Old 07-06-2007, 08:41 PM   #9
atropine
Me

I am currently:

i think the effect of depression is mood swings - i wish i knew how to control it - maybe trying breathing -or sitting down for 5 mins before you react- i know what you mean by it - its something with me that usually passes after 15 ,20 mins

Lace me up...

atropine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:33 PM   #10
xsugarandspicex

Maybe whilst you are feeling 'normal' you need to look into ways of calming yourself down when youre angry.
write relaxation tips down on pieces of paper and stick them up, so that even when youre angry, theyre there and youll see them.

Have you figured out what it is that causes these moods?
Maybe you could find a way of eliminating, or minimising the triggers.

Take Care.
xx

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)