RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 29-04-2014, 04:55 PM   #21
Steel Maiden
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

Thanks. I'll bring it up with my car coordinator.

Although tbh if my periods could be made non-existent that would be good enough.

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.
I have autism and have problems communicating, PMs included.
Just becasue I type well doesn't mean I speak well. I am only part time verbal.

Steel Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2014, 07:45 PM   #22
Leo Pard
Flem Fatale

I am currently:

I have heard that if you get the contraception implant of injection then it can stop your periods but there is a chance that they might just get lighter. Or there is the coil thing but that has to be inserted or whatever by a doctor or something and I know you wouldn't like that so it would probably not be the best option. Again, chat with your GP about what would be best, hopefully they will come up with some good suggestions.

The world is just illusion always trying to change me.
You will find wonder wherever you can, and spread joy whenever you are able.

I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, divide within me. - Frankenstein.

Leo Pard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2014, 08:20 PM   #23
Emmabob.

I am currently:

^^
Id disagree with the implant cause of your issues with contact, its a bit fiddly to put in.

Emmabob. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2014, 02:43 AM   #24
beautiful_seclusion

I am currently:

I wouldn't do the IUD route unless they sedate you. And if you ever consider that, definitely do not do the copper IUD. It gave me a ton of pain and made my periods much worse, not better, and apparently that's pretty typical. The hormonal one is supposed to make periods better or nonexistent, but with your issues with contact, you'd have to be pretty much entirely sedated because of the total invasiveness of the procedure. Maybe the depo injection? I know it has side effects, but I don't know if it helps periods. If it does, it might be worth it.

Stereotypes are the epitome of human laziness.
- me

beautiful_seclusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:40 AM   #25
Steel Maiden

Depot injection sounds best. I can't do much until after my exams but I will definitely ask for the injection.

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.

Old 06-05-2014, 03:27 PM   #26
Leo Pard
Flem Fatale

I am currently:

The injection will probably suit you more. Good luck with the GP.

The world is just illusion always trying to change me.
You will find wonder wherever you can, and spread joy whenever you are able.

I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, divide within me. - Frankenstein.

Leo Pard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:15 PM   #27
Steel Maiden

Thanks. My psychiatrist doesn't want me on contraceptives but I'm going to ignore her.

Old 08-05-2014, 07:46 AM   #28
Animad

The thing with contraception six that everyone reacts differently to them. The injection, progesterone only pill Cerazette and the implanon implant all have similar progestagen active ingredients and so how you react to all three are similar, though not always the same. If you're on any of them your periods may stay the same, go lighter, stop or in some cases become heavier so there isn't a guarantee with any of them. They all can also adversely affect your mental health, often more so than the combined pill (such as microgynon) which is probably why you were advised against contraceptives as they may not help and may cause more damage than good.

Also, even if your GP was to agree to a hysterectomy, that doesn't mean you could have one. The gynae has to agree especially as they would be operating and alongside that, unless you were to go private, due to your circumstances they would likely have to ask your local NHS CCG (clinical commissioning group) for funding and if they say no after (and again reject it after appeal) then that is final. It is possible to 'win' appeals but it may not be easy and is often more difficult than persuading your doctor as there are more people on the panel to think about and they have to look at multiple things and the cost is also a feature.

Animad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:42 AM   #29
Steel Maiden

Thanks for the info. I'll have a good think about this.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)