Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 25-08-2015, 04:02 PM   #1
Steel Maiden
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

Rapid metaboliser of medications shortening my half lives.

(I am on clomipramine, olanzapine and gabapentin)

I think my CYP450 enzymes are super efficient because I seem to metabolise drugs really fast.

I take 100mg clomipramine (probably due to be increased to 125mg) at night for OCD, anxiety and also to try and reduce my autistic meltdowns / challenging behaviour. I take it at 9pm every night. However at 6-7pm every evening I start flipping out. Last night I threw a glass against the wall, was screaming and ended up rolling on the floor bashing my fists against anything I could find (a typical meltdown). The night before that I was banging my head against the wall and screaming. It seems that my meds just wear off at that time, I even start feeling really wide awake and hypervigilant too at that time.

My question is, does anyone here have experience of split dosing of clomipramine? I have only got 50mg capsules so I can't try 25mg in the morning and 75mg at night. I know that clomipramine does give me quite a few side effects including postural hypotension (which has caused me to fall before) so I am quite concerned about that.

I take my olanzapine as split dosing but olanzapine only helps with my psychosis, not my challenging behaviour.

Thanks.

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.
I have autism and have problems communicating, PMs included.
Just becasue I type well doesn't mean I speak well. I am only part time verbal.

Steel Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2015, 05:28 PM   #2
tiptoes
Forum Mod

I am currently:

Speaking to your prescribing doctor is likely to be the best route.

If you are finding that all your medication loses effect at around the same time of day I wonder whether it would be worth asking whether you could take each medication at a different time so the drop off is less pronounced?

Can you plan in relaxing activities that help with the meltdowns for around 6 before things start to get particularly bad?

In my dreams I slew the dragon

tiptoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2015, 10:02 AM   #3
Steel Maiden
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

I'll ask my psychiatrist regarding the dosing times. I'll try taking my olanzapine early this evening.

I will try the relaxing activities although sometimes I get provoked.

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.
I have autism and have problems communicating, PMs included.
Just becasue I type well doesn't mean I speak well. I am only part time verbal.

Steel Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)