Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old Today, 01:43 AM   #1
Unbreakable.
Lana.

I am currently:
Social Media Accounts

Anyone care to share social media accounts?
I am on Insta & Twitter and currently setting up my Tumblr page.
I am technically speaking also on FB, but that one will probably go sometime soon.

I am always curious to see what others are up to & yes, obviously keen on gaining followers.

Send me a PM with a link to your account(s) or ask me for mine if you feel uncomfortable to share straight away.

Disclaimer:
I advise against sharing your details on the thread as it is public & also maybe be reasonably sure of how trustworthy ANY member is before giving them your details.
That said, I have been around for ages & plenty members can vouch for me being an actual person

Humility over, I am amazing.

Fight for your dreams and your dreams will fight for you.

Unbreakable. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:17 AM   #2
Auror.
Aurors for the win.

This probably shouldn't be on a public board. There used to be a link on one of the non public boards for sharing them though. Also, tumblr links as far as I am aware are still banned.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:52 AM   #3
Unbreakable.
Lana.

I am currently:

Are tumblr links also banned from PMs?

I agree re not posting links on public threads, hence me saying that in my post & asking to do this via PM.

Humility over, I am amazing.

Fight for your dreams and your dreams will fight for you.

Unbreakable. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:56 AM   #4
Harley
Webmaster

I am currently:

Tumblr is really just social media, and you'd be free to add things like facebook into your profile if you wanted. So although there is no specific Tumblr spot - I don't think linking to it in a PM is a problem. So PMs are fine with me - if my opinion counts any more ;)

The grey area with links in the public forums etc is mainly the self promotion thing really. If we allowed everyone who had a site or link they wanted to gain followers on to promote them, then this place would quickly become a complete spam fest.

There's a big difference between recommending an inspring website / link of someone elses and self promoting one of your own (especially if there's profit etc). So that's where these restrictions really stem from.

Similarly, there's a big difference between PMing one friend your Tumblr, and mass PMing loads of random people to the link just cos Harley said it was legal - make sense?

Obviously we want people to think carefully about posting links to anything personal like social media, for privacy and safety reasons. But so long as your Tumblr is something you are happy sharing, and you 'know' the person you're PMing - it really isnt a problem.

Hope that helps, and PM it to me I'd love to take a lookies :)

Harley

p.s We better hear from the Mods on this too, as they are really in charge in here, not me :)

Last edited by Harley : Today at 08:02 AM.

"Perfection is always under construction"

Harley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:57 AM   #5
glitterfairy

Harley! Your alive!!

*waves*

Call me L :)

glitterfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:59 AM   #6
Harley
Webmaster

I am currently:

Indeed I am! :)

Old Today, 04:35 PM   #7
Auror.
Aurors for the win.

I thought tumblr links in general were banned ages ago due to the potential triggering/pro self harm/ed/suicide nature of a lot of pages and blogs on there. I'm absolutely okay with it if that is not the case anymore, but that is why I mentioned it. (Not saying that is what you post Lana, just it was like a general thing)

Glad to see you posting Harley, hope you are doing well!

Old Today, 05:27 PM   #8
Harley
Webmaster

I am currently:

It's tricky. As I said I've been out of the loop too long to start calling shots - but at the same time the net has changed, and I'm not sure how far banning links get us as a site or in terms of actually protecting people.

That and RYL has too many rules, but it's probably against the rules to even say that. Self burn :)

Old Today, 08:36 PM   #9
Auror.
Aurors for the win.

I can't even find the rule about tumblr being banned tbh, so I guess it's maybe not a thing anymore?

Old Today, 08:40 PM   #10
Harley
Webmaster

I am currently:

I can still see a lot of old members with tumblr links in their profile / showing under their avatar.

There was definitely a phase when a lot of these new fangled social sites didn't really have the rules / systems in place to recognise MH related / triggering stuff - but it's much better understood and handled now.

So personally I think linking to social sites is entirely up to the person posting it. I can totally get why people would never want to, but if they do and they are not spamming people / self promoting etc then it's fine.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)