RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 28-09-2013, 09:12 PM   #1
Lullay

I am currently:
Need help Stopping.

I've SIing for almost 6 years now ... I never not once have tried to stop... yesterday I finally decided that I want to stop. I don't want to do it anymore, it's hurting the people I care most about, my best friend is going through a hard time and I need to be there for her for once. So I really want to stop, so that she can stop worrying about me and so that I can be her strength like she's been mine over the last what feels like forever.
But I don't know how.
I tried just not doing it but the urges get so bad and I just do it again anyway. It's like it's a part of me.
Someone I know told me to write STOP on my hand and it would remind me that I don't want to do it any more. I did it anyway. If anybody could give me advice on how to stop that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Lullay is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 29-09-2013, 11:57 AM   #2
littlemissmagpie
Kay

I am currently:

Hey, it's so great that you're trying your best to kick this and just remember for most people it really isn't a case of overnight they suddenly have the willpower to say no to urges. It takes time but as someone who has also sh for six years I can tell you it's still possible to fight the urges and not do it and it gets easier each time. :) With stopping everyone is so different and different things work for different people. I found a REALLY useful recovery blog which literally has pages and pages of alternatives to sh. http://ambition-to-be-happy.tumblr.com/tagged/insteadof I found this so helpful, hope you do as well ^^

"There's no such thing as perfect. You're beautiful as you are Courage. With all your imperfections, you can do anything."

littlemissmagpie is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)