RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 26-09-2009, 11:52 PM   #1
moonlet
Natalie.

I am currently:
Paranormal Activity

This is a movie that just came out in select cities/theaters in the states (no idea about the UK).
I really don't know much about it, but apparently it is horrifying. My favorite kind. Has anybody else heard of it?

http://www.paranormalmovie.com/

moonlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2009, 03:07 AM   #2
monket
Carpe Noctem

I am currently:

I was reading a review for this movie yesterday, and my power went out all the sudden, haha. That freaked me the hell out.

I'll probably go see it and hope it doesn't suck. Horror movies are such a gamble these days.

monket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2009, 06:05 AM   #3
CaiteeBug
Why Be Normal? Paranormal Is More Fun!

I am currently:

I've heard of it, but it's not in the theatres I go to.

CaiteeBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 04:42 AM   #4
moonlet
Natalie.

I am currently:

Oh. My. God. This movie was genually creepy. I am a huge horror buff and I rarely get scared, but I left the theater shaken. It was EXTREMELY well done. The entire theater was packed and people were gasping and screaming the whole time. I have never seen a movie that was like this. I HIGHLY recommend it, if you like horror movies.

Old 01-10-2009, 05:00 PM   #5
silverfaerychild
retired ryl member

Sweet , it comes to theaters today in phoenix or tempe

and I WANT to see it really really really really really bad

retired member as of 11/24/10

silverfaerychild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:03 AM   #6
moonlet
Natalie.

I am currently:

When you see it come back and tell so we can talk about how utterly awesome it was!

Old 04-10-2009, 10:56 AM   #7
Benji
Doink!

OK, I am an extremely hardcore horror fan, and this terrified the absolute crap out of me. Actually extremely scary stuff. I cant even put into words how stupidly horrifying this movie is...

Its the horror I always wanted to grow up and make. Those bastards.

Benji's Weekly Insight:
I have a Tonberry teddy called Grudge.

Benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 03:48 AM   #8
moonlet
Natalie.

I am currently:

I know! It's so great. It's literally amazing how scary it was. I don't know how they did it, how they made it so different. But wow. I'm glad they did because it's nice to see horror actually HORROR, and not stupid and/or mediocre.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:34 PM   #9
CaiteeBug

I am currently:

Dark, they just released the movie here!! I'll be going tonight to the 12:01am showing. I'm dragging my friend along with me! I can't wait to see it.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:24 PM   #10
CaiteeBug

I am currently:

Oh My God!!!!!!! Best Horror Movie I've seen to date!!! I haven't been that scared of a movie in years. All During the movie, people were screaming. My friend and I screamed and clung to each other.

When we went in to get our seats, the theatre was almost full. It starts off slow with a comedic light to it, but as the movie progressed it got scarier and scarier. The Ending had everyone in the theatre screaming and shaking when we left. Needless to say, I didn't sleep.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:35 PM   #11
Bitter_Angel
*First Aid Advisor*

I am currently:

eeps i dont know if i should go see this.
I used to like horrors but not ones that make you jump.
It looks kinda blair witchy?

It comes out novmeber 27th in the uk

Eva. Gone, but never forgotten 27.3.10

Bitter_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:51 PM   #12
moonlet
Natalie.

I am currently:

Lmao. I know! Everyone in the theater here was screaming, too. It was totally packed, and I was shaking when I left. xD

It does have that 'Blair Witch' feel to it but only because of the camera. It's like Cloverfield, and Blair Witch, in that it's made to look like it's entirely shot with a home video camera.

But.

It's not like Blair Witch.

There are a few parts where you jump, but I don't think that's what makes it scary..
I'm not sure. It's just incredibly.. REAL. You feel like you're right there, being haunted or something. It's more creepy than 'BOO!' scary. But there are a few 'boo' parts, lol.

I dunno. You should go see it. *nod*

Old 09-10-2009, 10:50 PM   #13
Bitter_Angel
*First Aid Advisor*

I am currently:

If i can convince my friend to go see it i will
but the person i usualy go with is like mega scared of ghost type things. She thinks her house is haunted an so she prolly wouldnt sleep after it lol. So i doubt she will go with me. Although i did talk her around to seeing unborn so maybe i can turn her.

Eva. Gone, but never forgotten 27.3.10

Bitter_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 05:48 AM   #14
moonlet
Natalie.

I am currently:

Oh yeah, she probably wouldn't sleep for days if she sees this movie. It's not like the Unborn.

Old 10-10-2009, 06:48 AM   #15
Benji
Doink!

Lol Unborn. Dead babies and a girl in her underwear.
That had constant jumpy bits, it was pretty dodgy and monotonous. "Oh look, a babies face is covering the entire screen, do you think it might suddenly open its eyes?"

Anywho, this movie is what horror hasnt been in 20 years. They could have completely taken out the jumpy bits, and it would have been even more scary. It just constantly builds up this feeling of tension and dread, and the documentary-ish style adds a teensy touch of realism. Creepy > scary.

Benji's Weekly Insight:
I have a Tonberry teddy called Grudge.

Benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 04:25 PM   #16
CaiteeBug

I am currently:

YAY!!!! Paranormal Activity got 1 million demands and will be released Nationwide on October 16th!!!! So Now You'll have your chance to see it!!!

Old 11-10-2009, 08:41 PM   #17
moonlet
Natalie.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji View Post
Lol Unborn. Dead babies and a girl in her underwear.
That had constant jumpy bits, it was pretty dodgy and monotonous. "Oh look, a babies face is covering the entire screen, do you think it might suddenly open its eyes?"

Anywho, this movie is what horror hasnt been in 20 years. They could have completely taken out the jumpy bits, and it would have been even more scary. It just constantly builds up this feeling of tension and dread, and the documentary-ish style adds a teensy touch of realism. Creepy > scary.

Exactly. They didn't rely on the jumpy parts. They just got into your head and it was very psychologicaly creepy. Definitely. It was perfect how they built up the dread and suspense, yes, you're exactly right.

I can't wait until lots of people see it. I'm a movie buff so I love talking about films, but this one especially. Like you said it's what horror has not been, and should be. Yay!

Old 11-10-2009, 08:52 PM   #18
CaiteeBug

I am currently:

Exactly!! The movie didn't need brutal murders or tons of gore to be scary. I'm a huge horror movie fan and this is exactly what we've been missing in a horror movie.

Old 12-10-2009, 01:33 AM   #19
Gofeen

Guess it wil come here in a while but I have a question to ask. Does anyone go to the cinema on their own? I often see trailers on t.v. for films I would like to see but I don't have anyone to go with. Would I look like Billy No Mates sitting there on my own?

Gofeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:46 AM   #20
moonlet
Natalie.

I am currently:

I usually go with my boyfriend, but before I was seeing him I ALWAYS went alone. And even now if there's something I really want to see on opening day, I'll go alone. Because I don't have anyone besides him to go with so it's either him or alone. And I always see people who are on their own at the cinema around here. I've never felt like people thought it was weird or anything.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)