RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 09-11-2019, 07:54 PM   #1
Koala hugs

I am currently:
I could possibly have the life I've always dreamt of if it weren't for my self harm TRIGGER WARNING

If it weren't for my self harm and my illness I'd b a very different person that's for sure. I have now reached an age where my dreams are starting to slip thru my fingers, or at least that's how it feels.

I have dreamed of having children since I was a child myself and if anything it's a desperate yearning that has only gotten stronger over the years.

However I am not with anyone nor do I plan to be. My illness played havoc with my last relationship and I'd rather be single than go thru, or put anyone else thru, that again.

I have been told many times how good I am with children and babies and how I would make a good mum. If it was easier or I wasn't ill I believe I would have children already.

The problem is that I am mentally ill and still self harming I tend to get better while in therapy but get worse again when said therapy stops. This is worrying me especially when it comes to me wanting to be a mum..
And then there's the matter of how to get pregnant without a bloke. I'd be looking at a lot of money to go thru private ivf or I could go down the free donor UK groups on fb etc but I would feel less comfortable with doing that as legally Itd become more complex and I am not sure about it.

In an ideal world I would go private ivf and would have the money to do so. Short of having a windfall or a massive surprise backpayment this is looking unlikely right now.

And finally I am looking at doing a childcare course in September and I have applied online for this already so that's possibly another hurdle as I can't cope with having kids and doing a college course at the same time.

Finally I would have to come off my antipsychotics if I do decide to get pregnant as otherwise it could harm the baby. I've just turned 29 and feel like time is running out

Koala hugs is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 22-11-2019, 10:16 PM   #2
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

It's so difficult thinking about things that might have been had mental illness not gotten in the way.

Good luck with your childcare course. It sounds like you'll be great at that!

Would you consider fostering? That could be something to aim for if when you reach a stable enough point if it is does end up being a bit too late for you to have your own children.

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2019, 11:20 PM   #3
Koala hugs

I am currently:

Thankyou so much for replying. Yeah I had considered fostering but I don't think I can as I have mental health issues I'd love to tho. Thanks yeah college interview next week eek lol hoping I get in fingers crossed.

Old 23-11-2019, 08:15 PM   #4
Koala hugs

I am currently:

Thanks xx yeah I will, if I get into college, be able to go on placements and I have already had experience in a nursery as a volunteer. Hope it does lead to a job that would b awsum I am currently on benefits as I'm unable to work due to mental health however I don't think I want to be on benefits forever

Old 24-11-2019, 08:42 PM   #5
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

I'm currently doing a childcare course so if you have any questions, feel free to pm me.

The Worst Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2019, 10:00 PM   #6
Koala hugs

I am currently:

Fantastic thanks so much xxx what country r u in what level course r u doing if ur in the UK

Old 24-11-2019, 10:01 PM   #7
Koala hugs

I am currently:

Just seen ur in Scotland I'm such a div not noticing that sooner sorry

Old 24-11-2019, 10:39 PM   #8
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

The equivalent to level 3. It’s hard, lots of assessments. What level are you applying for?

Old 25-11-2019, 10:10 PM   #9
Koala hugs

I am currently:

Level one

Old 25-11-2019, 11:22 PM   #10
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

Cool. Good luck with it.

Old 26-11-2019, 04:10 PM   #11
Koala hugs

I am currently:

Thanks gud luck with yours too x

Old 27-11-2019, 03:32 PM   #12
Koala hugs

I am currently:

It went well its gonna be a slightly different route than I thought but I think it will be OK n I will get back there

Old 29-11-2019, 09:08 PM   #13
Koala hugs

I am currently:

Thank you so much xx

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)