Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 17-07-2016, 01:00 AM   #1
looking90

I am currently:
Some advice please

I feel like i just don't know what to do. My family is so negative. I am constantly trying to get away. I live with my mother and we haven't spoken in years. All she cares about is money. I'm currently in college and to be honest I feel like I don't want to go back for the Fall semester. I rather just run away somewhere and start new.

I have a boyfriend and he is the only reason why I am still here. I don't really know if i should just take some time off school and find a place to live where i am at or just leave.

I feel stuck, every year it just gets worst. I end up depressed, drinking and not wanting to get out of bed.

looking90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2016, 11:21 AM   #2
Pi.R^2
I always have a choice

I am currently:

Sorry you're finding living at home to be so negative. Is there no option to move out whilst you're at college?

Presuming you have a summer holiday at the moment, what about getting away for a bit to give yourself a bit of a break so that at least you get a bit of a change of scenery before going back for the fall semester.

I would think very carefully before dropping out of college- think about why you went in the first place and if those reasons are still there.

We may not see eye to eye, but we can respect each other's opinions and find the truth in them.
Perhaps in those honest conversations, instead of demonising each other,
we might see each other as imperfect humans, doing our best. ~ Jodi Picoult

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2016, 04:49 AM   #3
looking90

I am currently:

Thank you for your reply.
I'm trying really hard to be a "warrior" like my friends say. I go on little trips on my day off and visit other states. I find it so dreadful to come home. My mother hates me and I'm sure it's because im not the daughter of the man who raised me. My brothers feel the same way. I'm not liked in my family and they only speak to me when they need something.

Old 20-07-2016, 04:05 PM   #4
whatever...

I am currently:

can you move somewhere else? aren't there usually places to live near the campus? you deserve happiness, and you should really get away from people who make you feel bad! have you talked to your mother about this? have you asked them why they behave like that? maybe they think you want to be left alone?

whatever... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2016, 03:44 PM   #5
Pi.R^2
I always have a choice

I am currently:

If that is why your mum is distant with you then that's really unfair as you didn't choose who she created a child with! I'd agree with the above suggestion of talking to her if possible and see if it might be possible to repair the relationship.

What about looking into options for houseshares in the area?

We may not see eye to eye, but we can respect each other's opinions and find the truth in them.

Old 03-08-2016, 02:44 AM   #6
looking90

I am currently:

Thank you for the suggestions

I have tried to fix our relationship, I tried talking to her. She said she doesn't care if she stops talking to one of her kids because she has seven others.

Living on campus is extremely expensive.

I am looking for places to move to. Thank you so much. I really needed some suggestions.

Old 03-08-2016, 02:47 AM   #7
looking90

I am currently:

I appreciate you guys taking the time to reply. It feels better having someone to at least hear me out. Some times even if you try ignoring what's happening and do a lot of activities, it still hurts. I do a lot and it has come to the point that I'm only home to shower and sleep. But when there's nothing to do and your mother doesn't call you by your name and tells your siblings not to address you by your name... it becomes too much.

Old 06-08-2016, 07:56 PM   #8
Pi.R^2
I always have a choice

I am currently:

Ugh, that's sounds so horrible of her, I'm sorry you're being subjected to such cruel treatment. I hope that you're able to find somewhere to move to soon!

Old 09-08-2016, 01:06 AM   #9
looking90

I am currently:

Thank you. May God hear you!!!

Old 09-08-2016, 08:01 PM   #10
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

Would it be possible to live with someone else - a friend, or relatives? Living somewhere you don't feel comfortable with can be horrible.

It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

talaiporia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 09:57 PM   #11
LittleMissSeaFoam
She who turned into sea foam

I am currently:

It's hard because this collage makes you "stuck". But I don't think a drop out will be a good choice. Meanwhile you're studying you could search for work and apartments. If you have a "goal" to work for I hope it will feel a bit easier to live through it. I'm not sure if you take working meanwhile you're studying. Moving out after collage would be a choice for me if I was there, try to find/get a job and save up money.

LittleMissSeaFoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2020, 06:13 PM   #12
looking90

I am currently:

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to give you guys and update because all of your suggestions and response helped me so much. I took everyone’s suggestions and eventually was able to move out in 2016. I also did not drop out of college. I managed to graduate in 2018 (I tried going to counseling but it was discouraging because I was told I had to many problems and in many cases therapists would tell me they couldnt help...i eventually found a safe space to cry and that really helped as well). Thank you for helping me during a very stressful, dark and hurtting time.

Old 03-07-2020, 03:59 PM   #13
Pi.R^2
I always have a choice

I am currently:

Oh wow, what an amazing post to read. I'm so pleased that you were able to stay strong and move out, stick with college and achieve so much, despite all of the challenges you have faced. You've done wonderfully for yourself so well done :) Wishing you all the very best for what I'm sure is a bright future ahead!

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)