Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-09-2018, 07:48 PM   #1
yoyogirl

I am currently:
University research ideas

tw eating disorders, bmi criteria

Hi All

So we all know that I am heading off to university this year at last to finally finish my degree, after a long battle with the Open University and the issues with job seeking and my own personal health issues.

However, I am now thinking about my dissertation and although i will be starting it in years time, i am wondering what on earth is it going to be about and if anyone could lend me a hand.

My possible suggestions for dissertation :-

Criticism of the bmi criteria for eating disorder and how far and individual would go to in order to seek the appropiate medical and psychological attention.

To consider if community mental health teams could consider the possibility of testing their patients/service users for addisons disease on the basis of stress, anxiety and the HPA fight and flight response to stress.

For all patients/service users with mental health issues to have regular contact with their psychiatrists and not every three to six months.

Shorter referrral rates for diagnosis, treatment in mental health servcies from eighteen weeks to thirteen weeks

<style></style>

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2018, 08:29 AM   #2
Iamcatbug
Cat

To be honest, this is probably something you’d need to discuss with lecturers at your university.

Iamcatbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2018, 12:37 AM   #3
yoyogirl

I am currently:

Im for people’s ideas and experiences so I can get picture of in my mind of what these issues look like.
Or if anyone has written a dissertation and could offer me any advice, so when the dreaded D word comes.... I have an idea of what’s it’s gonna be like.

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2018, 07:16 PM   #4
Accidentally Abstract
Luce.

I am currently:

I've never done a dissertation (I didn't manage to finish my degree due to my mental health etc. either) but I understand that lecturers/dissertation supervisors are really helpful in relation to discussing ideas and what would be feasible/ethical etc.

All the best with finishing the degree. :)

Ride it out.
"I need a sunrise in the dark."

Accidentally Abstract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2018, 10:54 AM   #5
Iamcatbug
Cat

Know this is a late reply, but universities often keep some past students dissertations in their libraries for current students to look at.

Iamcatbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2018, 04:17 AM   #6
bitomato

I am currently:

What is your degree in? I chose my thesis/ dissertation based on what I could find documentation on and what my options were. All of your subject suggestions seem really personal, and I am not clear on what your topics are. Have you discussed which ones are feasible to the university?

~Happy tomatoes together we will be~
You say toe- may- toe, I say toe- mah- toe:
Let's call the whole thing- red

It’s time to lead the third revolution, which is not to say we want to be at the top of the world, but to say we want to change the world. Because the way the world has been designed by men is not working. It’s not working for women, it’s not working for men,
it’s not working for polar bears
.” Arianna Huffington 2014

bitomato is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)