RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-04-2016, 01:20 PM   #1
Kathryn_Anna
Chat Mod

I am currently:
As a parent...

Question for parents. Do you have a hobby? I'm struggling with doing all parenting things and nothing for me. I never get one on one time with hubby without a kid around. And I find it hard to do any sort of hobby. I just feel like I'm going non stop from 5am until 11 at night. Then dealing with the baby at least once or twice overnight too. It's exhausting.

Sometimes when I say "I'm okay," I want someone to look me in the eyes, hug me tight, and say "I know you're not."

Kathryn_Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 30-04-2016, 10:30 AM   #2
Eir
ignoring the cacophony

I am currently:

I try to sew in my free time. Which is currently non existent because of uni. I've sewn clothes for my little girl and clothes for myself. Currently have a half finished bra that's been on hold for 3 months cos of assignments. I also read. Because pins and toddlers don't mix.
Can hubby or someone watch the kids for an hour a week? Is there an after school playgroup appropriate for your kids? I know some of them have special needs.
Sewing and reading help me switch off. The lack of sewing has been getting to me. I also play video games, hand a disconnected controller to the girl.
My situation is a fair bit different to the norm, I'm a weekend parent due to work and travel. It's probably easier for me.

...I try to outsmart him, but somehow he knows,
Wherever I am, that f***ing dog goes... - Dog, Andy Bull

No matter how bad things get, the true test is how we choose to respond to the pain we suffer, or inflict. - Amenadiel, Lucifer

Why is the path unclear,
When we know hope is near
Understand we'll go hand in hand, but we'll walk alone in fear
~~Margo is my penguin 🐧!!! ~~

Eir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2016, 12:34 PM   #3
Kathryn_Anna
Chat Mod

I am currently:

I've always wanted to really learn to sew. I tinkered with sewing as a kid but nothing too fancy. My issue is finding the time to do anything for me. I'm out getting coffee now at 7am. It's my 10 minutes away from home. Hubby could watch the kids but it's all I can do for him to watch them while I go grocery shopping alone. Heck I ran errands all yesterday with 2 kids that would have been way easier alone. He goes out to pick us up fast food and I'm pulling teeth trying to get him to take a kid with him. "You know I go inside!" Dude has never done errands or doctors visits alone with all 3 kids. I'm afraid he may die trying to figure out how to make it work.

Sometimes when I say "I'm okay," I want someone to look me in the eyes, hug me tight, and say "I know you're not."

Old 30-04-2016, 04:56 PM   #4
Eir
ignoring the cacophony

I am currently:

That's not fair. Really not. Any other support around?

...I try to outsmart him, but somehow he knows,
Wherever I am, that f***ing dog goes... - Dog, Andy Bull

No matter how bad things get, the true test is how we choose to respond to the pain we suffer, or inflict. - Amenadiel, Lucifer

Why is the path unclear,
When we know hope is near
Understand we'll go hand in hand, but we'll walk alone in fear
~~Margo is my penguin 🐧!!! ~~

Eir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2016, 06:59 PM   #5
Kathryn_Anna
Chat Mod

I am currently:

My parents are useless. Was barely able to get them to watch the kids when I went into labor with #3. I have my mother in law but she's an hour away.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)