RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-11-2009, 03:00 AM   #1
risenfromperdition
you are loved and beautiful :)

Thanksgiving/Christmas *could trigger?*

ok so since im getting all panicky [and im sure im not the only one]... im starting a thanksgiivng support thread :P so just like put anything you can think of that might help people be less stressed bout it or anything you're worried about and stuff.

*hides in case is stupid idea ><*
------------------------------------------
*edit* changed it to christmas too :P

Last edited by risenfromperdition : 21-11-2009 at 09:58 PM.

“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

risenfromperdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2009, 03:36 AM   #2
GlitterandSparkles.

I am currently:

No, this is a fabulous idea, obviously only for us in the USA :P But yeah, I'm getting very, very panicky recently..I've been restricting and purging so much recently and I'm so nervous about this >.> I'm trying to stop and eat somewhat normally, but I know it's going to be a difficult day =/

GlitterandSparkles. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2009, 12:54 PM   #3
The One Who

I am currently:

It could probably be extended over the Christmas period as well since there are similar activities.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2009, 06:05 PM   #4
Cryptic.
If at first you don't succeed, try try try again.

I am currently:

well im very anxious about xmas...

In a world where you can be anything, be yourself.

Cryptic. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2009, 10:14 PM   #5
risenfromperdition

*hugs everyone* =]

“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

Old 21-11-2009, 10:29 PM   #6
siffa
the voice inside your head

I am currently:

my dad came home today for thanksgiving... and commented that I'd lost too much weight. This is the first time he's ever said anything like that to me. He got really angry at me for it. I feel bad, like I shouldn't do this to him. He's really worried and upset now. I don't know what to do because I want to lose more weight but I don't want to upset my dad because I love him. It's going to be hard because with him here to watch me I will have to eat enough this week. I'm scared...

siffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2009, 10:50 PM   #7
Datura.
Playing the angel's trumpet.

I am currently:

*huggles tightly* can you talk to him, tell him whats going on?

I'm really really scared about christmas....I have been since summer, this is a great idea *huggles*

*Phorenzix*Asensativesoul*lifeordeath*StallionDuck*Mercipourlevenin*TimeToDance*
*~IntoxicatedRainbow*Prolonged_Intermission*ScreamSongsOfGlory*Briefly Tragic </3*Laurawr*Silent Screams*in-a-pickle*YellowLemon*ChloeBean*Oliness*PastExpiration*Sunshine*
}|{ ...And I've never felt so alive, and so dead... }|{

Datura. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2009, 03:26 AM   #8
siffa
the voice inside your head

I am currently:

yea I talked to him. I guess the reason he got upset is that although I've had an eating disorder for years now, its only now becoming apparent to him. So he just wasn't expecting it. I just don't want to upset him, I know that he loves me and worries about me. I feel guilty about it.

Why are you so scared for christmas?

siffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2009, 07:41 PM   #9
Linna

I am currently:

I’m not American, so I don’t celebrate Thanksgiving (phew)but I’m scared shitless of Christmas. I don’t want to ruin it for everyone else just because I can’t simply eat and be happy.

I started making a list on everything I know we’ll be having, and then I’m going to map out exactly what I’ll be eating, when I’ll be eating and why I’ll be eating. I don’t know if it’s going to help or not in the end though.

Linna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2009, 07:44 PM   #10
NeverBetter
dont worry ;it only hurts when i breathe

I am currently:

im scared about christmas to but i can still stay strong and just p*rge or starve its easy it dont bother me but im scared yh it is hard i scared im not spending it with my real family

young girl its alright your tears will soon dry your soon be free to fly

she's falling from grace , she's all over the place..............

NeverBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2009, 08:10 PM   #11
gettinghappy

I am currently:

I'm pretty scared both for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I've managed to hide my binging and purging from my family (which isn't that hard since I live by myself.) But I'll be going home for the holidays and I'm not sure how much longer I can keep it a secret. My family is not always the most understanding.

gettinghappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2009, 12:16 AM   #12
diamonddust
But alone... is alone... Not alive.

I am currently:

I had a dream about Christmas. There isn't anything I can eat. I've decided I'll have carrots and a bit of stuffing. I can't eat potatoes or chicken or gravy or anything else they'll try to make me eat (plus I'm a vegetarian) and I can't not eat because then I'll make Christmas into an issue. I'm scared. I can't eat a whole Christmas dinner. It will ruin everything and the voice wil scream at me. :(

"I have no illusions. I recognise the limits of my dreams. I know how painful dreams can be unless you know they're merely dreams..."

diamonddust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2009, 04:47 AM   #13
Buttercup.
loveeeeeee

I am currently:

You always have the most wonderful ideas Miss Heather <3 Thank you for posting this, the holidays are always a big struggle for me too.

*hugs everybody* We'll get through this together <3

I wanna stay inside all day
I want the world to go away

Buttercup. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2009, 07:01 AM   #14
risenfromperdition

*hugs you all back*
<3

Old 24-11-2009, 11:51 PM   #15
gellarbing

I am currently:

xmas and boxing day are the only 2 days a year where we have to sit down and eat 2 big meals each day and im really worried im gonna keep getting asked if i want things, ive decided exactly what i want on xmas day already but i know i wontbe able to have anything for tea or another cooked meal the next day itas just too much

gellarbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2009, 08:25 AM   #16
risenfromperdition

*sits in thread panicking* ><

Old 25-11-2009, 09:20 AM   #17
chipstick3000

I am currently:

aw this thread made me well up. I'm so scared too. I've just started to get help and i'm fine with that but my parents don't know so when i go home food will be everywhere. Its all happening too fast. They should postpone xmas lol we have huuuuuge dinners on xmas and boxing day and then in Jan its my birthday which means cake. Ahh. i hate winter. :(

chipstick3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2009, 09:35 AM   #18
muzzii
(They/he)

I am currently:

Hey, can i hop into this thread? I'm getting really anxious about christmas, that year christmas day is at our house so I've asked my mum if I can help her and my grandfather cook the christmas dinner, that way I know exactly what's going into all the food and hopefully I won't be quite so worried about it. But there's still christmas eve and boxing day at other houses where I won't get any say in what we're eating and I think that's what I'm panicking about most. :/

muzzii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2009, 03:12 PM   #19
Chloe.

I am currently:

^Is there any way you could ask them what they're having? *hugs*

Um, guys..? Thanksgiving is tomorrow! Really not looking forward to it.. I'm supposed to help my grandma cook today. I asked her what we're making and she started naming off a crapload of food. We're having a lot of people over. D:

Chloe. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2009, 03:39 PM   #20
GlitterandSparkles.

I am currently:

Oh my gosh, yes thanksgiving is tomorrow. I'm nervous,, I'm helping to cook a lot of the food so maybe that should help.

I don't think it's going to be eating that makes me nervous, I've been eating lately, just purging a lot..which I don't think I can do when everybody is here >.>

GlitterandSparkles. is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)