RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 04-03-2008, 03:08 PM   #1
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:
is it wrong?

Sometimes when im sitting and then get up, i feel really dizzy. It also happens when im not sitting.Is there something wrong, or is that suppose to happen?

My RYL family:
I-used-to-be-positive is my big sister razorxkissedxwrists is my mommy alyssa.star is my sister phoenixflames_forever is my cousin concreteangel, helpmydeath, xxbeckyxx and queer fringe are my little sisters bob--says--hi is my twin

pm me anytime

Old 04-03-2008, 03:24 PM   #2
Animad

Does it happen only if you get up really quick or is it all the time? To some extent if you get up really quick, feeling a bit light-headed for a second or two is 'normal' because of the changes in your position and the way in which your BP adjusts itself to compensate for the movement. However, if it does it when you don't move really quickly or happens for longer than a second or so or is particularly bad it may be worth see a doctor. It is a sign that not much blood is getting to your brain (often because when you stand up quickly it starts to shunt to your feet?). This is usually seen with low BP which tends to be seen the most in young women/ teenagers and especially those whom are underweight. Another reason for low BP or this to happen is due to blood loss or anaemia so if you have been cutting to the point you've been losing quite a bit of blood this may be an explanation.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:12 PM   #3
chocostashchick
Callie

I am currently:

hmm i think there are a lot of things that could cause this dizzyness
in general, it's sort of abnormal i think if it happens ALL the time, like every time you stand up, really frequently
could be tiredness, malnutrition, anemia, or something more serious
there is no way to know what is going on and fix it other than going to see your general practitioner i think
take care xxxooo

xxxooo

Old 08-03-2008, 09:05 PM   #4
The Midnight Crazies
100% Honesty

I am currently:

Sounds like low blood pressure to me, nothing very serious but if you're worried you should talk to a doctor.

Marte

Old 10-03-2008, 03:13 AM   #5
Gizzy

Ooh, I get this too. My vision completely blanks out for a few seconds, my head feels kinda fuzzy, I lose my balance. It doesn't last long, but it's when I stand up.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:23 AM   #6
Aidee

I am currently:

It's called "orthostatic hypotension" and like Animad said, it happens when you change positions and your heart can't compensate the additional demand.

We don't think much about gravity's affect on our bodies, but gravity really can cause some interesting things. When you stand up from a sitting position, more gravity is exerted on your body because its further away from the earths core. Your heart has to pump harder to get the blood to your head now, if for some reason, your heart doesn't recognize this right away, or takes some time to respond your blood pressure will drop.

This is something that can happen to everyone at some point, however, if it's happening multiple times a day, or more than 1/3 of the times you stand up you need to see a doctor.

Well it breaks my heart to see you this way,
The beauty in life, where's it gone?
And somebody told me you were doing okay,
Somehow I guess they were wrong.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:24 AM   #7
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

ok.thanks for the replys!

My RYL family:
I-used-to-be-positive is my big sister razorxkissedxwrists is my mommy alyssa.star is my sister phoenixflames_forever is my cousin concreteangel, helpmydeath, xxbeckyxx and queer fringe are my little sisters bob--says--hi is my twin

pm me anytime

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)