RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 16-08-2008, 01:25 AM   #61
Little_pixie
I'm so in love with Olivier <3

I am currently:

hi i jus got my scaffold done like jus over 2days ago now and it stil hurts like a mother f**ker plus it looks like it's swelled up is it norm i put a pic so u can c i jus wanna know if it's norm or not please help me

right ear the 1 i's worried bout

left ear which is ok

So how can you tell me you're lonely,
And say for you that the sun don't shine?
Let me take you by the hand and lead you through the streets of London
I'll show you something to make you change your mind

Little_pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2008, 01:29 AM   #62
Sans Peur

Swelling for piercings is very common, soemtimes with industrials with the extra pressure of the one bar,Take some ibprofen for the swelling and it should go down in a few days time, nothing to worry about unless the bar becomes too short

Sans Peur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2008, 01:34 AM   #63
Little_pixie

I am currently:

thanxs norm i'm ok wit piercings it's jus no other piercing has swelled up like this 1 b4 and was worried i was going to have to removed it but thanxs 4 putting my mind 2 rest i wil jus keep cleaning it and dont sleep on it and that kills lol anyways thanxs again hun

Old 16-08-2008, 01:49 AM   #64
Sans Peur

nah, unlikely it would have to be removed, only thing that could happen is that you have to get it changed to a longer bar. The pain eases after a few days.Hope the swelling and pain goes soon

Old 16-08-2008, 01:51 AM   #65
Little_pixie

I am currently:

thanxs hunni

Old 18-08-2008, 04:34 AM   #66
Joy_27

I am currently:

i got my first ear lobe piercing done when i was about 11. i'm nearly 15 now so ive had it done about 4 years . recently ive noticed on my right ear there is hard lump on the inside of my ear lobe i didn't really think much of it but in the past week or so its been a bit painful trying to put an earring in it. ive had other lobe piercings since which i wear the same earrings in so i dont think its an allergic reaction. is there anything else that might of caused it and what can i do to get rid of it? :S

Joy_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2008, 11:55 PM   #67
Papercut

I am currently:

It Could Be A Keloid (Spelling.?) Like A Lump Of Scar Tissue Thats Built Up, I Have Them From My First Lobe Peircings, When I Left Them For Ages. If It Is I Dont Think They Can Be Removed.

Love.x

Papercut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2008, 11:56 PM   #68
over and out

I am currently:

OK random question but I have had my belly bar for a year how long can I leave it out without it healing over (approximately)?

over and out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2008, 12:15 AM   #69
Sans Peur

often navel piercings are only just fully healed after a year.I wouldnt like to say how long you would be able totake it out for, why do you want to take it out?

Joy- it could possibly be scar tissue if it was pierced with a gun.sometimes i get these lumps in my lobes which can be painful at times, i dont know what they are though but they do go down.Vit e oil rubs are great for getting rid of scar tissues in piercings.

Old 22-08-2008, 12:17 AM   #70
over and out

I am currently:

I keep catching the bar at work when Im lifting trays so was seeing if I cud take it out for three or four hours ish without it healing :/

Old 22-08-2008, 12:41 AM   #71
Sans Peur

Unlikely to be honest and taking it in and out can cause it to become irratated.Have you thought about putting a shorter bar in it with smaller balls?

Old 22-08-2008, 01:28 AM   #72
over and out

I am currently:

ooo never thought about smaller balls will try that and see if it helps :D thankies

Old 28-08-2008, 06:18 PM   #73
BrightStarShining
The Scars Inside And Out Will Never Go

I am currently:

I had my belly button pierced about.. A month ago now and it's just started to bleed again, I had it done over 2 scars that were there from having it done twice before and it getting scabby..

The scar has come up a little bit around it.. Should I be worried? Or should I just keep cleaning it with the savlon wound wash that I have?

Allie, I'll never forget you..
Love You Always.

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the things which you think you cannot do.

BrightStarShining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2008, 06:25 PM   #74
Sans Peur

Scar tissue often happens with piercings,soemtimes mroe common if it has been pierced through scar tissue.where about has the scar raised, round the end of the piercing?

I personally use warm sea salt soaks for my piercings, much better than things you can buy in the shop.did you catch it before it started bleeding?

Old 28-08-2008, 07:00 PM   #75
BrightStarShining

I am currently:

It's raised a little around the ball, no I didn't catch it or anything before it started bleeding..

The bar doesn't look like it's too long for the piercing, so I'm slightly confused.. Could it just be to do with me cleaning it, moving it around when I'm cleaning it? There are scabs and I always pick those off and detatch the bar from the skin.. Is that wrong? Should I just clean around the bar and the bits I can reach without moving it?

Love You Always.

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the things which you think you cannot do.

Old 28-08-2008, 07:43 PM   #76
Sans Peur

You shouldnt move the bar at all as it will damage the skin surrounding the piercing especially if the crusties from the piercing get stuck inside. What i do is i soak the piercing and try to wipe away any crap with a cotton bud and i do that very gently.

Old 30-08-2008, 11:32 AM   #77
BrightStarShining

I am currently:

Okay, I will do that, thanks for the advice. I was doing it with a cotton bud, but was moving the bar so that I could get in underneath the ball to get the crusties there, but I will soak it instead and get rid of the crap that way. Thanks!!

xxKirstenxx

Love You Always.

Old 02-09-2008, 09:16 AM   #78
effervescence
tired

I am currently:

hey, i just got my tragus pierced, it has a captive bead ring in but i want to change it to a labret bar, how long should i wait?
currently its not bleeding but its still sore, im washing it with diluted tea tree oil and salt soaks, but im not sure how to tell when its fully healed.
also is it likely that i'll need an 18g or a 16g bar? im not sure what i've got in at the moment, which is more common?
thanks.

Even as the stone of the fruit must break
that its heart may stand in the sun,
so must you know pain.

There are only two ways in which one can live their life. One is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is.

effervescence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 02:09 PM   #79
Sans Peur

Tragus piercings can vary on size, it is most likely 16g or 14g but the best way to ask would be to go to your piercer and ask what size it is.

The thing with tragus piercings is that they may feel healed but a knock or change of jewellery may cause damage and give you the dreaded bump which are so common with tragus piercings. They normally take atleast 6 months to fully heal.Is there a reason why you want to change it to a bar?

Old 02-09-2008, 05:37 PM   #80
Vegetarian Vampire
Your pain, your worth, your sacrifice

I am currently:

Hey,
I bought a ball closure lip ring and today I tried to take the stud out that i already had in to change it to the ring. I couldn't get the stud out but i must have loosened the ball on the end because I have now lost the ball. I can't put the lip ring in because the size I ordered is too small. At the moment I just have the stud in without the ball on the end..what do I do? >.<

Last edited by Vegetarian Vampire : 02-09-2008 at 05:38 PM. Reason: spelling

22nd November 2018

"Don't suffer in your silence. Know you are never alone."

Vegetarian Vampire is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)