RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 19-11-2012, 02:02 AM   #1
Hannah_x
Scientist

I am currently:
Any words of wisdom?

It has been a long, long time but right now I really want to SI. I know I will regret it but it's plaguing my mind. Literally any supportive comments / hugs / reasons not to would be massively appreciated to help get the thoughts out of my head!

Thank you
Hannah_x

If you love me, won't you let me know.

We saw you in distraction; a sleeping, slow despair.

Hannah_x is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 19-11-2012, 02:11 AM   #2
DreamFactory
Marina

I am currently:

Hey! Don't do it! I did it for the first time in 3 months a few weeks ago, accidentally went very deep and scared myself. You're strong though, you've been working to resist, don't give in! How about you tell us everything that's annoying you right now? we're here to listen and support :)

DreamFactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2012, 02:38 AM   #3
Hannah_x
Scientist

I am currently:

Thank you so much :) Just knowing that there are other people to listen or at least care is a massive help.

It's a culmination of things really; I'm in my first term at university, I feel like I barely know anyone / don't have enough friends, lots of work to do etc., worried about sorting our a house for next year... I feel awful about myself, that I've put on weight, didn't make enough effort to meet more people and join more societies in the beginning and like I haven't done enough work :/

I know they're all seemingly trivial things and lots of people feel like this at university, sorry for being a bit of a cliche!

x

Old 19-11-2012, 03:03 AM   #4
Wonderland.

How is cutting going to make the situation better? You know the answer to that it is, it'll only make things worse. You've come so far and you can get through these urges without harming.

Take care.
Amy x

'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥

Wonderland. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2012, 03:45 AM   #5
chococharly

I am currently:

there are so many things you can do besides injuring yourself. Try to come up with a list (make up one or research one online) of really productive things you can do to soothe yourself from all your stress.

You may not feel very inclined to do any of them, but if you do take the time to go down the list, you'll have more respect for yourself and you'll gain confidence to stand up to stress again next time.

Hugs on top of hugs!

chococharly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #6
DreamFactory
Marina

I am currently:

I had the exact same problems, well I'm a second year now but it took me a long time to get into the swing of things, it was my first time living without my parents and for the first few months I didn't really know anyone and I didn't go to my lectures at all. It can be lonely, I know but trust me you'll get into the swing of things :)

Old 19-11-2012, 08:58 PM   #7
Hannah_x
Scientist

I am currently:

I'm just particularly stressed as we have to choose who we're living in a corridor with next term this week and it's getting massively complicated. I feel like people are upset and it's my fault and equally I'm not going to be living with the two people I'm closest to here. Again I know it's really trivial, sorry :( I guess it's because I don't have anybody here who I can talk to about this sort of thing. Thank you all for being so supportive, I've managed to stop myself from doing anything so far xxx

Old 19-11-2012, 09:10 PM   #8
DreamFactory
Marina

I am currently:

Great going on holding out :)
When I moved to the city I didn't know my flatmates. Unfortunately 2 of them really didn't like me and there was alot of conflict ! but it never really bothered me because my 3rd flatmate was awesome! Just by chance she was in my class. It's not too bad, you have to remember that most of the people in your class are in the same situation with college!

btw I'm a scientist too ;)

Old 19-11-2012, 11:38 PM   #9
crunchycrystal
Om Mani Padme Hum

I am currently:

Please do not think that your problems are trivial! You are at university so it is literally your whole life at the moment. So yes, these things are definitely a big deal. I'm proud of you for holding out, it can be the hardest thing to do some times. Are there study groups for any of your classes? That's a good way to make friends. I don't think that people are upset with you. I think everyone having to make that decision is likely just as stressed as you are about the situation (again, not at you, at the situation). Communication is key for something like that. From the sound of your post, it seems like you are easy to get down on yourself right now. Are there things you can do for yourself to nurture and be kind to your body? Maybe get a massage or a manicure or begin a 10-20 minute routine of applying lotion to your skin? I hope things get better. Break is right around the corner! And remember, all of your feelings are valid and no one can take them away from you or tell you that they are small!

crunchycrystal is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)