RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 30-04-2014, 02:49 AM   #21
beautiful_seclusion

I am currently:

What do you mean by competitive? I find that people are usually pretty collaborative and friendly, but getting into programs can be competitive, just because funding is shitty right now. At least in the U.S. But if you get experience, work on your interview skills, and have good grades/test scores, you can do just fine. And then once you get to higher levels, it's more about the research you've done than anything else. It also depends where you want to go. From what I understand, there's more jobs in industry than academia right now, so academia is more competitive (which is one of the many reasons I have no interest in it), whereas industry has more options.

Stereotypes are the epitome of human laziness.
- me

beautiful_seclusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2014, 10:36 AM   #22
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

I agree with others who have said that you need to start focusing on reducing your aspergers symptoms and anxiety before you start jumping into the next academic course or thinking about jobs.

Yes it's good to think about the future, but it would help you to slow down a bit and concentrate on what's going on now. You can do a masters any time, there's no rush, and if you really focus on recovering more and being more able to deal with social interaction then in a few years you might decide you want to do a course that has more social interaction.

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:21 PM   #23
Steel Maiden
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

I understand and I am trying. But as far as Asperger's goes, I've recently regressed badly.

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.
I have autism and have problems communicating, PMs included.
Just becasue I type well doesn't mean I speak well. I am only part time verbal.

Steel Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)