Post New Thread  Reply
Old 01-12-2013, 05:02 PM   #1
[SundayGirl]
_

I am currently:
Covering up?

Hey guys.
Is like some advice if possible.
Basically I have relapsed back into cutting (after over a year free unfortunately).
My whole right arm is covered in fading & fresh cuts. I've pretty much just been wearing long sleeves to hide it.
However, it's my best friends birthday night out on the 14th, it's a massive night & we are all very fashion conscious so I bought my dress a few months back before I'd started cutting again. So my dress has no sleeves & a cardigan etc will not go with it. I can't afford a new dress as I've been off work for a while.
That being said my current money situation also means I can't buy any cover up creams either.
I'm going to try and hide the most noticeable ones with makeup but is there anything else I could try?

I am not a freak..
I was born with my freedom.

[SundayGirl] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:16 PM   #2
chinahorse

I am currently:

Make up on not fully healed cuts is a really bad idea- can lead to infection and things.

A cardie goes with most things? Whats the dress like and maybe that'll help with thinking up more ideas. I can be quite good as I basically go out clubbing fully clothed and don't look too out of place.

Would it be an option to wear something else that you can put a cardie on with- it seems like the simplest solution.

A pashmina type scarf worn like a shawl can hide quite a lot of your upper arm and if where you are going is dark that often hides the rest.

Given enough tea I could rule the world.

chinahorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:52 PM   #3
[SundayGirl]
_

I am currently:

Thanks for replying!
Yeah I guess makeup isn't the best, I'll probably just put it on the healed ones.
The dress is a bright blue velvet swing dress. It's very flowy so I don't want to layer to much & look huge:/
I don't have anything with sleeves to wear instead.
I'll be taking a coat with me so hopefully dark clubs can hide it when I'm in doors? I can't even cover up with bracelets because of the placement.
I'm hoping to go these next two weeks SH free but yknow how that goes!

I am not a freak..
I was born with my freedom.

[SundayGirl] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:23 PM   #4
chinahorse

I am currently:

You could change the shape of the dress by adding a belt which would make it more open to the addition of a blazer or cardigan?

Depends on what look you are going for but elbow length gloves and a lot of jewellery could be an option or something like a long sleeved lace body underneath it would make it a very unique look.

Hope you are able to minimise your self harm :)

Given enough tea I could rule the world.

chinahorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:45 PM   #5
Copernicus

I am currently:

As said maybe get some evening gloves - they ought to be quite cheap on ebay. Depends if they will go with the rest of the outfit though. Elbow length lace ones might work?

Copernicus is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)