RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 23-11-2011, 02:39 AM   #1
**thelastnight**

I am currently:
freaked out!

im so freaked out. my stepmom found my notebook full of poems today. they are all mostly ab my self harm and depression. theyre very personal and graphic. so my dad and her started questioning me about them and asking if i ever hurt myself and i kept making excuses and denying it and theyre acting blike everythin is back to normal and they dropped it hut i feel like they are suspicious ad will b watching me no and im rly scared my dad told my mom and tht shell talk to me to. i have such high anxiety right now bi wanna puke. i cant have my family know ab this stuff. i dont know what to do???

PM me any time. I love to help and am a pretty good listener.

"And someday, I hope that my sadness will be replaced by something beautiful"

"hope is the thing with feathers that perches on the soul and sings the song without the words and never stops at all"

**thelastnight** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2011, 03:03 AM   #2
Haleigh.xx
Just breathe.

I am currently:

I've been in a similar situation before, so I can relate. Just try and relax. They don't really have any proof besides your poems so keep denying it if it makes you feel better. However, what is the worst that could happen if they did find out?

Haleigh.xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2011, 07:55 AM   #3
lonely_hope
I'm not worth the air I breathe

I am currently:

I've had things like this a couple of times, and it's quite nerve-racking. As difficult as it is, you can really only try to stay calm until either something happens, or it's been long enough that nothing comes up again.

Do you think there'd be any good that could come out of them knowing? Maybe they could try to help, or be more understanding/aware if they knew.

Good luck *hugs*

"God take me, because I hate me" -Underoath
We are male and female. We are artists, athletes, and students. We have depression, PTSD, eating disorders, bipolar disorder, or maybe no diagnosis at all. Some of us were abused, some not. We come from all walks of life and can be any age. We are every race or religion that you can think of. Our common link is this: We are in pain. We self-injure. And we are not freaks.

lonely_hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2011, 10:31 PM   #4
PassedExpectations
a mirror that reflects it

I am currently:

how are things going?

it may be a good thing to tell your parents. i know its really scary at first, but they can end up being great help for you. i absolutely didn't want my parents to know (actually went to a counselor on my own, and then eventually they found out, not because i told them) but they ended up being huge advocates for getting me help and have been really supportive. i know that that isn't always the case, but try not to predict the worst reaction possible.

this is my magical medicine cabinet. Left to right they contain: courage, hope, calmness, and strength.

The magical part: They NEVER run out, so borrow some any time you want.

PM me anytime, I love getting messages :)
Katie

PassedExpectations is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)