RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 19-05-2011, 06:30 AM   #1
teenagecircus

I am currently:
Swimming in school

So in my P.E. class we're starting swimming and I'm absolutely dreading it. Just thinking about the fact that like 60 people will be seeing me in a swim suit fills me up with so much anxiety and I just can't handle it. On a certain level I know that people probably won't care and I'll be in the water/covered in a towel most of the time anyway, but of course most of my brain isn't really listening to that small logical part of me. I keep imaging all the horrible things people will think when they see me. I also tried on some board shorts from a year or two ago when I was closer to my lowest weight and they're too small for me now, which was also extremely triggering.
Has anyone else had to deal with this? How did you get through it? I'm scared I won't be able to handle it and it'll just make things worse and I'll end up not eating or something. :(

Wanna scream out
No more hiding
Don't be afraid of what's inside
Gonna tell ya, you'll be alright
In the aftermath
Anytime anybody pulls you down
Anytime anybody says you're not allowed
Just remember you are not alone
In the aftermath

teenagecircus is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Hugs Given By :
Old 19-05-2011, 12:32 PM   #2
Ninja Orange

I am currently:

Hey hun, sorry you're in this situation :( I don't have any personal experience with school and swimming, but I can relate to being scared to be in a swimsuit. I don't know if you'll find this idea helpful, but have a look around at the other people in your class. I'm sure there's a wide enough range of body types. You may think that people will be looking at you, but seriously, they won't. They'll have better thinks to be doing, like swimming :P

Ninja Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2011, 01:36 PM   #3
raspberry_swirl

good luck with it xxx
listen to the logical part of your brain :)

raspberry_swirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)